29th December 2022

Are we alone in the universe?

Made by Loki in Debates

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th December 2022, 02:24 AM

Anyone else here ever look up at the stars at night and think about how around each star there is a possibility of some kind of life existing around it? All those stars with all those planets around them. Maybe it isn’t life like we know it. Who says all life forms must be carbon based? I don’t think we’re alone in the universe. Do you?

+1 by Ronaldo, zenny, Dice, Flame and 3 others

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th December 2022, 08:14 AM

I'm a nerd when it comes to space and Aliens.

I reckon there are Aliens who roam around space, and I also think we have Aliens secretly roaming the earth.

Another thing, if aliens were real and more advanced than us , they would've found us by now.

So my favourite guess is that, aliens do exist, but they're not advanced as us yet.

But then again, I also think that humans are a hybrid species that were engineered to worship our creators. A bit far fetched? I'm only scratching the surface

+1 by Loki and Kenny

Quote:
Lol and fart

Menace to Society
Banned
288 posts
Seen 27th May 2023
29th December 2022, 10:56 AM

i like to think about colonizing the planets instead of thinking about life

Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.

Menace to Society
Banned
288 posts
Seen 27th May 2023
29th December 2022, 10:57 AM

i like to think about colonizing the planets instead of thinking about life

(This post was so good I had to post it twice!)

Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.

178 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th December 2022, 12:19 PM

Maybe we are alone in the universe and aliens are just more advanced humans searching for life through space and time only to find themselves and the history repeats itself

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th December 2022, 01:48 PM

I'm a bit of a space geek so I'm gonna say this;

I don't think we're alone in the universe, but there aren't many planets out there that could sustain life of any form. There are only 24 planets out there that might potentially harbor life but they aren't all that great once you look at them. Most of them are tidally locked, meaning there would be no day or night cycle and temperatures would only be sufficient for life support towards their middle. And most of them are in such close proximity with their host stars that the level of radiation and heat would destroy almost any life before it has a chance to thrive.

Of the 24 planets, the most hopeful potentially inhabitable planets are:

Gliese 581g, or Zarmina, which is tidally locked with its star, making it so one half of the planet is locked in eternal darkness while the other half is being constantly baked.

Kepler-452 B, which is perfect for life and is almost a completely duplicate of Earth but is so far away that it'll take about 26 million years to get to it and the planet may be dead by the time we get to it.

And Proxima Centauri B, which is the closest to us but is dangerous because of the instability of Proxima Centauri. There would be a ton of radiation on PCB which would end up killing anything on it.

NASA has been suspicions of a planet that may potentially have a life form on it but I forgot its name. It was discovered in the early 2000s and they sent out a message to it. The message is meant to reach that planet in 2029 so we won't know until at least 2040+ if there is any life on it.

I think there is life out there. Both alien and other. I'm a heavy believer in the supernatural and the extraterrestrial. There is no true foundation to support a counterargument because no one truly knows the basis of evolution and if we are alone. I mean to say, space exploration is still extremely, extremely new. We only reached the moon in the 60s. That was 60 years ago. Not even a full century ago. And astronomical records date back to the 1200s and beyond. The universe is infinite. There are a number of galaxies outside of our own and because of that, I do think there's life out there. But nobody can say for certain what level of intelligence they're at, or if they'd even be able to communicate the same way as us.

You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th December 2022, 02:21 PM

I think that there is life out there but they're just like us, wondering if there is any life out there besides them but aren't advanced enough to be able to find out.

+1 by Stoneclash and Loki

Off the deep end
Master
515 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th December 2022, 04:48 PM

Hell no we're not

On strike

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th December 2022, 05:07 PM

sure feels that way

Ya Daddy.
Banned
1,046 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th December 2022, 01:32 AM

You are.

"Abso • lutely not a Pe • do"!

baker
97 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
30th December 2022, 12:24 PM

i think we are not lonely in universe

ee4t5432

Rookie
28 posts
Seen 26th February 2023
30th December 2022, 07:00 PM

Of course not

Rookie
28 posts
Seen 26th February 2023
30th December 2022, 07:14 PM

I like to look at things from a "universal perspective". To start things off I would just like to re-iterate a statement from a very wise man. "The media is the most powerful entity on Earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent. They control the minds of the masses" I've begun to believe that the Devil is an illusionist, I believe that when the devil takes a "break" from his work, he allows a non-human entity to do as they please. Now back to the 'Universal Perspective', I do believe this(perhaps more) said "entity" is from this universe. To even expand on this topic, when certain humans report their "UFO" experiences, the ones that stick out to me are the reports of their being a "tractor-beam" appearing over them. If a non-human entity from this universe has the ability to create these vehicles(UFO's) is it not reasonable to think that within that split second of the tractor beam appearing it was actually an entire HOUR for this said entity to do what they want?

161 posts
Seen 2nd May 2023
31st December 2022, 12:24 AM

I think ther aliens it is at area 51

Rookie
1 posts
Seen 17th May 2023
17th May 2023, 05:57 AM

Loki wrote on 29th December 2022, 02:24 AM:
Anyone else here ever look up at the stars at night and think about how around each star there is a possibility of some kind of life existing around it? All those stars with all those planets around them. Maybe it isn’t life like we know it. Who says all life forms must be carbon based? I don’t think we’re alone in the universe. Do you?
Zendaya2408 wrote on 29th December 2022, 01:48 PM:
I'm a bit of a space geek so I'm gonna say this;
I don't think we're alone in the universe, but there aren't many planets out there that could sustain life of any form. There are only 24 planets out there that might potentially harbor life but they aren't all that great once you look at them. Most of them are tidally locked, meaning there would be no day or night cycle and temperatures would only be sufficient for life support towards their middle cubes 2048. And most of them are in such close proximity with their host stars that the level of radiation and heat would destroy almost any life before it has a chance to thrive.
Of the 24 planets, the most hopeful potentially inhabitable planets are:
Gliese 581g, or Zarmina, which is tidally locked with its star, making it so one half of the planet is locked in eternal darkness while the other half is being constantly baked.
Kepler-452 B, which is perfect for life and is almost a completely duplicate of Earth but is so far away that it'll take about 26 million years to get to it and the planet may be dead by the time we get to it.
And Proxima Centauri B, which is the closest to us but is dangerous because of the instability of Proxima Centauri. There would be a ton of radiation on PCB which would end up killing anything on it.
NASA has been suspicions of a planet that may potentially have a life form on it but I forgot its name. It was discovered in the early 2000s and they sent out a message to it. The message is meant to reach that planet in 2029 so we won't know until at least 2040+ if there is any life on it.
I think there is life out there. Both alien and other. I'm a heavy believer in the supernatural and the extraterrestrial. There is no true foundation to support a counterargument because no one truly knows the basis of evolution and if we are alone. I mean to say, space exploration is still extremely, extremely new. We only reached the moon in the 60s. That was 60 years ago. Not even a full century ago. And astronomical records date back to the 1200s and beyond. The universe is infinite. There are a number of galaxies outside of our own and because of that, I do think there's life out there. But nobody can say for certain what level of intelligence they're at, or if they'd even be able to communicate the same way as us.
I agree with you. I even think that there are many universes. Therefore, we are not alone. We just have not explored them yet.

+1 by Kara

Login or join the forums to reply.