24th May 2023

Some of my most memorable moments of DSGHQ

Made by Damen in Cool Stuff

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 04:30 PM

SO many to pick from, but the best ones are, for me, on OldCP.

Nothing beat the feeling of logging in at 5 PM EST on GOM weekend, to see a literal MOUNTAIN OF PENGUINS CHEERING MY NAME 😍😂

Picking the winner of Game of Mods, and the after party brings back so many good mems from my teen years:

Hosting royal events, like weddings and jousts:

Promoting people always brought me joy:

And solemn events like funerals and executions added that dark element to oldcp:

Watching you engage in GOM tasks was so funny

And watching the crimezone, especially at its peak (gold city era, pirates era and blackhawks early 2014 era) was timeless

Post your memories, fill the forums with any pictures you have so we never ever lose them!

+1 by Scott, Bailey, 1kutya, zenny and 17 others

One
235 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 04:54 PM

Being one of the first South players to walk on Providence was alright.

+1 by Damen and rami

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 05:01 PM

probably one of my worst moments but when i was 9 and referred to everyone i befriended as my sibling.

+1 by Damen, Narcissa and TikiLiki
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

B19 BOY
Master
2,048 posts
Seen 28th August 2023
24th May 2023, 05:08 PM

Throwback to when you ipbanned me for 3 months for hacking Suzy and robbing the Imperial Bank. SHOUT OUT TO ADAWG FOR GETTING YOU TO PARDON ME and giving me the chance to become better.

+1 by Tommo, Damen, Kara, MilanBACK and 1 other

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 06:19 PM

I used to make a bunch of videos back in the day (all of them are privated on my channel). I unlisted some of them to share:

OldCP circa 2013

Ice Ghosts 😱

Some old Warlord comp

My last video as Admin (when the age rule got me demoted for a grand total of like 2 weeks)

+1 by Damen, Tommo, Kara, Bailey and 4 others, -1 by eugee
"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 06:23 PM

Hashir wrote on 24th May 2023, 06:19 PM:
I used to make a bunch of videos back in the day (all of them are privated on my channel). I unlisted some of them to share:
OldCP circa 2013
Ice Ghosts 😱
Some old Warlord comp
My last video as Admin (when the age rule got me demoted for a grand total of like 2 weeks)

Yessss thanks Hashir, ill download these for the memories :D

Btw video 3 is private

+1 by Hashir, Tommo and Bailey

4 posts
Seen 26th July 2023
24th May 2023, 07:32 PM

Been a hot minute but thank you for everything Damen fr shaped all of us as people

@Mods I know im bos but thats kinda scuffed if u ban me in like the last day of dsghq existence ima screw off after this comment doe

209 posts
Seen 14th August 2023
24th May 2023, 08:09 PM

Here are some of my favorite ones:

+1 by rami, MilanBACK, Cristal, Jdutr and 1 other

269 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th May 2023, 08:49 PM

So many memories, but here is some of the ones that immediately come to mind. No pictures to show for now but I will go hunting for them.

1: Logging into Rile5, seeing you link SnailsChat, being blown away, trying to decompile it & mess with WPE Pro on it and getting frustrated you had considered people like me. Then using it as inspiration to try make my own game like that, never managed to do it, but I did learn some basic 3D modelling because of it (I thought the 3D model items were awesome).

2: Meeting Chelsey, Concord, Gh0st, SecretResearcher on OldCP xat and spending late nights on there messing around with them.

3: Creating my own OldCP game (RetroPenguin) and seeing DSGHQ enjoy it whilst OldCP was temporarily offline.

4: LeoRPG beta with you, Hashir, Tennis, and others.

5: Spending all of 2015 talking to a really amazing friend TikiLiki (@Ratchel) on Kik.

6: Helping build features for Penguin3D, fixing it up, and giving people stuff to look forward to.

7: October 2015 framehacking fake OldCP murder scenes (I can't lie, I know it bothered people, but I still think it was some epic trolling).

8: I nearly forgot this, but custom JR rooms. I thought they were the coolest thing, and there was this particular room we always used to like hanging out in, but I can't remember it anymore.

9: Working on (but never finishing) the new forums software in Summer 2017 - a special thanks to PHP for never allowing me to finish that. But I did have fun making it, and getting a few friends like yourself and Tennis to alpha test it and give opinions. I learnt a lot about making something scalable from it.

10: And finally, I enjoyed all of the private 1 on 1 conversations I've had with all of you over the years. From in-game, to xat, to Skype, to Kik, to Discord. I wish I could read those old messages now, especially from those who disappeared one day.

+1 by Zes, Bailey, Gamer, rami and 2 others
Adam

veteran
Master
3,733 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th May 2023, 01:15 PM

Damen wrote on 24th May 2023, 04:30 PM:
SO many to pick from, but the best ones are, for me, on OldCP.
Nothing beat the feeling of logging in at 5 PM EST on GOM weekend, to see a literal MOUNTAIN OF PENGUINS CHEERING MY NAME 😍😂
Picking the winner of Game of Mods, and the after party brings back so many good mems from my teen years:
Hosting royal events, like weddings and jousts:
Promoting people always brought me joy:
And solemn events like funerals and executions added that dark element to oldcp:
Watching you engage in GOM tasks was so funny
And watching the crimezone, especially at its peak (gold city era, pirates era and blackhawks early 2014 era) was timeless
Post your memories, fill the forums with any pictures you have so we never ever lose them!
What you created was legendary. I can only imagine the confusion and fear going on in my mind in the last picture.

+1 by rami

One
235 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th May 2023, 02:01 PM

One
235 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th May 2023, 02:02 PM

1kutya wrote on 25th May 2023, 02:01 PM:
Quote:
GenAsq5 wrote on 24th May 2023, 08:09 PM:
Here are some of my favorite ones:

I remember James Sunderland and Hashir's crew, surprisingly my discord user shows up on the Providence Crew in the 2nd video.

+1 by jackie

#CutestPersonAlive
1,887 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
25th May 2023, 03:54 PM

* only important parts of these screenshots

* play gitaroo man. my final message. gootbye.

Stone Mason/Lord of Wind
244 posts
Seen 23rd August 2023
26th May 2023, 02:49 AM

after working so long to become an imperial knight and then having jesse help me achieve it as one of my closest friends felt really good

+1 by Jesse
Forest Boy

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
27th May 2023, 02:26 AM

Here's some OldCp sses I have in no particular order:

Yup, I bit Pythas.

Most iconic IAAPGMOOH moments:

That time I killed a SWINE and he possessed me afterwards:

Such an iconic moment it has a wiki:

This was just funny:

This was definitely funny to receive last year when I applied for P3D mod.

Pic was 100 percent iconic at my wedding.

Then when Amir showed up for my trial because apparently it's illegal to try to kill someone for flying around your igloo like an annoying fly.

Otherwise, it was fun being a drac back in 2017. It was such an iconic time. There was Sg, Dragon, Alatar, Flame, Sid, and I. We were all so close back then and we had our own little drac game nights in jail. I remember coming up with all kinds of different evil plots and having to do things for cz. A lot of our evil plots were about killing Fable since Sg hated him at the time. Going to Dorval via a wormhole and DMT to torture Orome was so cool (sounds psychopathic, I know). It was amazing to be of the first people to go to Dorval and I swear, cz yeeted my firebreath when it was my turn to torture Orome so I wouldn't be able to kill him before Gamer and Fable came.

I will also never forget becoming a vulture. When MotherVulture first appeared Melian and I were like :o It was very exciting!

And lastly (for now), when Pythas came and killed people in my birdhouse on oldcp right after it had been added into the game. It was very nice of him to give me a few extra corpses as a housewarming gift.

Login or join the forums to reply.