21st October 2013

The Headless Horseman Chapter 1

Made by Pieguy in The Lounge

Hi there
804 posts
Seen 7th November 2015
21st October 2013, 07:38 PM

****BEFORE YOU READ THIS please know this is ONLY CHAPTER 1, the story is so long i have to split it chapter by chapter. I will have the next chapter out by tomorrow. Enjoy!
It was the American Revolution, and two armies were battling in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Somewhat over a thousand soldiers were already dead.
“Get me Irving Ryder.” The commander said to one of his Lieutenants.
Irving Ryder was the top soldier in Murfreesboro. During the battle, he had gotten revenge on just about every soldier that killed one of theirs. He was brought to the commander’s office.
“I am here, sir.” Irving said.
“You must attack the main General.” The commander said.
“But, sir, he is too strong. He has attacked thousands,-“He was cut off.
“Yes, and you have killed those thousands that have killed ours. You must charge in.” The commander said.
Little did Irving and the commander know was that the whole army of Britain was guarding the General’s tower. Irving only trotted on his ivory and black horse. Irving was a tall, intimidating man. He had dark brown, almost black eyes. His hair was only a dirty blond, and he had great big ears, that looked as if they belonged on an elephant. Irving was only half way when he heard a faint, scared voice coming from the bushes in his trail.
“Help, me!” The voice coughed.
Irving decided he had no time to stop and nurture the voice. He was sent on a mission by his superior, and if he failed to succeed, even attempt to strike the General, he would be beheaded. But, this voice sounded familiar. And he could come up with a reasonable excuse of why he took up an extra minute or two.
“Help!” the voice coughed again. Irving could not turn his back and trot away on his horse a second time. He went over to the voice.
“Hello!? Who might be back here?” Irving said.
The voice coughed and choked. The voice sounded like a dying squirrel. But Irving did not care. Irving tore through the bushes one by one looking for the voice. Finally, he came across a small, plump, figure, lying curled up like a kitten in the dirt. His clothes were damp, he had mucus running out of both nostrils, and he looked severely ill. Irving was a good natured man, and he had the feeling he must bring this man back to health. “I will just give him my cloak to keep warm, kill the general, then come back and bring him to the office.” Irving thought.
“You must calm down.” Irving said to the man.
The man said nothing and just closed his eyes and slept. Irving wrapped his cloak around the man, though, the man was not sleeping. The man was only 40 years old, and he died from a terrible infection right then and there. Irving did not know it, though. He just trotted along on his horse. Irving made an attempt to look happy, although no one was there to witness a scared look on his face. He tried to tell himself he was not scared, hoping it would make this journey quite simple. It did not for two reasons. One, he could not possibly think happy thoughts. Two, no matter what happened; this journey would not become easy in any way. Irving finally came to a stop at the fort of the British army. He inspected the sides for security, slowly, but surely on his pale white horse. It was only noon, so Irving decided to find a secluded area, so he would not get shot or sliced into pieces by a British soldier. Back in the fort for the British army, it was a very uneventful day.
“Should we just surrender?” One soldier said.
“No. It is too risky. I am still coming up with a plan of attack.” The General said.
The year was only 1776, and soon the American military would win, but Irving would lose, big time.

+1 by CPManiac, PenguinDSC and Kara
Are you reading my signature?
Boring, isn't it?

Hi there
804 posts
Seen 7th November 2015
21st October 2013, 07:38 PM

Uh oh, nevermind this post. Something went wrong with the dialouge. I will fix it soon! Ignore the post!

+1 by Elvis
Boring, isn't it?

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
21st October 2013, 07:40 PM

Ok Pieguy, iI will, but are you posting the chapter 1 with the right dialogue tonight?

+1 by CPManiac

Hi there
804 posts
Seen 7th November 2015
21st October 2013, 07:41 PM

Yes, i will re-type it and hope it works!

+1 by Elvis
Boring, isn't it?

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
21st October 2013, 07:44 PM

Thanks Pieguy, and is this an actual book that you have recently read from? Because I cannot wait to read this story.

Hi there
804 posts
Seen 7th November 2015
21st October 2013, 07:49 PM

No, i have written this myself.

+1 by PenguinDSC
Boring, isn't it?

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
21st October 2013, 07:52 PM

Then GREAT! I have not read it yet, but I will be reading it when you make the next post. I will be off the computer right now which it is almost 8:00, and by then I think you should've completed it. ;D

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st October 2013, 07:52 PM

very. Good. Writer... I hope you can make good books when ur older!

Epic signature from thisismyname Cool signature from Cheep! Cool sig from Bella

460 posts
Seen 21st February 2021
21st October 2013, 08:08 PM

The Revolutionary War YAY

Login or join the forums to reply.