21st October 2013

Cyberbullying.

Made by Gaf in The Lounge

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st October 2013, 08:17 PM

“Cyber bullying” is defined as a young person tormenting, threatening, harassing, or embarrassing another young person using the Internet or other technologies, like cell phones.

The psychological and emotional outcomes of cyber bullying are similar to those of real-life bullying. The difference is, real-life bullying often ends when school ends. For cyber bullying, there is no escape. And, it’s getting worse. Read on to get the facts.

Nearly 43% of kids have been bullied online. 1 in 4 has had it happen more than once.
70% of students report seeing frequent bullying online.
Over 80% of teens use a cell phone regularly, making it the most common medium for cyber bullying.
68% of teens agree that cyber bullying is a serious problem.
81% of young people think bullying online is easier to get away with than bullying in person.
90% of teens who have seen social-media bullying say they have ignored it. 84% have seen others tell cyber bullies to stop.
Only 1 in 10 victims will inform a parent or trusted adult of their abuse.
Girls are about twice as likely as boys to be victims and perpetrators of cyber bullying.
About 58% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online. More than 4 out 10 say it has happened more than once.
About 75% have visited a website bashing another student.
Bullying victims are 2 to 9 times more likely to consider committing suicide

+1 by , CPManiac, PenguinDSC, Kara and 1 other
Epic signature from thisismyname Cool signature from Cheep! Cool sig from Bella

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
21st October 2013, 08:20 PM

Wow, this is not good. I cannot believe that two out of nine people consider committing suicide. :(

+1 by Kara

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st October 2013, 08:28 PM

I saw this info in health class.. I was treated for depression I long time ago. I wanted to commit suicide because of things that happened a long time ago.. I am way over that. I want life now, I want to live life with OldCP. Don't get sad by this.. it is the truth and in order to live life you have to accept it. I never told anyone this because I was embarrassed at the facts. Now it doesn't matter. People need to know that I was bullied and it was another reason of my depression. +1 Tornado.. not many people are aware of life and what actually goes on inside peoples conversations. Cyber-bullying and bullying needs to stop now.

Kara
Administrator

Hi there
804 posts
Seen 7th November 2015
21st October 2013, 08:34 PM

I know what it feels like from experience. I have been brutally bullied via PC on Xat when i became a moderator on Old Cp. I got things saying:
"You suck!" "Go kill yourself!" "I hope you die! Your a terrible mod (bleeeep)"
I considered committing suicide several times due to other events. My word of advice for victims, RCTDF.
R- Report the bad behavior
C- Close out of the website.
T- Tell an adult about your experience.
D- Don't return to the website unless you KNOW they have been banned/punished.
F- Find friends in real life AND online. Virtual friends aren't everything in this world!
I hope this helps to those whom suffer it every day.

+1 by Kara and Gaf
Are you reading my signature?
Boring, isn't it?

Hi there
804 posts
Seen 7th November 2015
21st October 2013, 08:36 PM

People who don't suffer it don't understand it. They think its little. Really, how many lives are lost each day due to cyber-bullying? It has to stop. Now.

+1 by Kara
Are you reading my signature?
Boring, isn't it?

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st October 2013, 08:37 PM

Thanks for you feedback and likes everyone!

-1 by Krickenn
Epic signature from thisismyname Cool signature from Cheep! Cool sig from Bella

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
21st October 2013, 09:05 PM

Thanks for making this post and i am one who is against cyber bullying! -sadie

+1 by Gaf, Kara and Pieguy
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Login or join the forums to reply.