20th November 2013

The OldCP Staff

Made by Bob in Help and Support

Master
1,167 posts
Seen 10th February 2021
20th November 2013, 05:26 PM

Hello everyone. Bob here. I'm going to teach you about the staff. I will be telling you OldCP ranks and Forum ranks. Anyway, here are the staff.

Staff: Damen, Cyberwolf, Chelsey, Ghost, pieguy, Supermikey97, Journey, MuscleBob1, Hashir, Junior, Thisismyname, penguinDSC, CPManiac, Sheep, Kara, May23, Raindrop

OldCP Ranks

Administrators

Administrators are the most powerful people out of all the staff. If you see someone with a red namecolor, then that's an administrator. Administrators can use the commands /kick, to kick people off the game, but you can still login. /ban, to kick people off the game forever, but the banned person can still make a new account. /ipban, to ban people and they cannot make a new account. Ipbanning will also ban all the accounts the user owns, I think. And I'm pretty sure ipbanning can allow moderators and administrators to ban them offline. /global, to send a message around the whole island, /groom to send a message to the whole room, /addcredits, to add credits to a user, and /makemod to make mods. And that's all I know about administrator commands, cause I'm not an administrator. A shorter name for an administrator is "admin". Administrators are rank 4. And there are server administrators, and I'm not exactly sure what they are, but they're supposed to control the server and makes moderators and administrators.

Moderators
Moderators are the second most powerful people out of the staff. If you see someone with a light blue namecolor, then that's a moderator. Moderators can use the commands /kick, /ban, /ipban, and /transferall, to transfer everybody in the game credits. A shorter name for moderator is "mod". Moderators and administrators can use the Mod Panel. Moderators are rank 3.

Mediators
Mediators are the third most powerful people in the game. Mediators are moderators in training. Mediators have light blue namecolors, like moderators. Mediators can use the commands /kick, /ban, and /ipban. Moderators and administrators can walk on walls, and so can mediators. A shorter name for mediator is "med". I'm not sure if mediators can use the Mod Panel. Mediators are rank 2. Normal users are rank 1. These are all of the OldCP ranks.

Forum Ranks

Banned
The Banned rank is obviously when you're banned. It is lower than all ranks, even Guest.

Guests
Guests are the lowest ranks. I didn't start out as a Guest, but it's a rank. Rookie is the next rank.

Rookies
Rookies are beginners at the Forum. They are higher than the Guest rank. The next rank is Member.

Members
Members are a higher than the rank Rookies and Guests. You must make 50 posts to earn this rank, plus you will get 100 credits. The next rank is News Reporter.

News Reporters
News Reporters are just people with jobs as being a news reporter. News Reporters are higher ranks than Guests, Rookies, and Members, but lower than Masters, Moderators, and Administrators. The next rank is Master.

Masters
Masters are higher ranks than anything, except Moderators and Administrators. The next rank is Moderator.

Moderators
Moderators are the second highest rank on the Forum. Higher than Guests, Rookies, Members, and Masters, but lower than Administrators. The next rank is Administrator.

Administrators
Administrators are the highest ranks in the Forum. Higher than Guests, Rookies, Members, Masters, News Reporters, and Moderators. These are all the ranks on the Forum.

Thank you for reading this, I hope this helped! Cya around!

+1 by Lone, PenguinDSC, CPManiac, May23 and 2 others

936 posts
Seen 8th July 2014
20th November 2013, 05:27 PM

WOW Musclebob1 this teaches me alot about all the ranks!! Great job!! :D

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
20th November 2013, 05:28 PM

Thanks for showing us! Just to let you know, Master is above News Reporter. Thanks!

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

Master
1,167 posts
Seen 10th February 2021
20th November 2013, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the tip Archie, and thanks guys. Hope this helped a lot. :)

Banned
2,224 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th November 2013, 05:39 PM

Really colourful! I mean good post. You know a lot. But I've never been guest.

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th November 2013, 05:49 PM

Hey, the mediators box is wrong.
Firstly, they have the exact same namecolor as moderators. They can kick and ban like you said. They are on the staff list. They are staff. Meds can walk on walls. I'm not sure about them using mod panel but I think they can. That's all you can update for that :).

Also, you're missing Server Admins. Server admins are different from the admins. They can manage the game, turn it offline or online, make mods and admins etc. They are the highest rank. Admins and Server Admins are totally different ranks!

Other than that, great work!

"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

Rookie
1,068 posts
Seen 21st March 2015
20th November 2013, 05:49 PM

Thanks this helped me a lot i didn't know you could earn mediators!There's a question in my head are there any mediators on the island waddling around right now?

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th November 2013, 05:55 PM

You forgot the rank...

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th November 2013, 05:55 PM

You forgot the Banned rank...

Master
1,167 posts
Seen 10th February 2021
20th November 2013, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the tips, Hashir and Dice. I'll update it right away!

Master
1,167 posts
Seen 10th February 2021
20th November 2013, 07:20 PM

Ok guys, I have added all the details you told me about, but Archie, I don't really think News Reporters are before Masters. I'll check, Archie. But thanks guys. :D

Login or join the forums to reply.