18th December 2013

Penguin Help c:

Made by Mycroft in Help and Support

Hopes And Dreams
Master
757 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
18th December 2013, 10:01 PM

Hi! If you're new to the forums, this might help! I am going to explain the forums and how to get higher ranks. I know, people have already made like a billion posts about this, but I'll do the 1,000,000,001th post c:

The Forums
The forums is like the a blog. The only thing that's different is.. it's way better c:
In the forums, you can post things to help penguins or inform them.
But, there are consequences to bad and meaningless posts.

1.)No spamming.
Spamming means to post several meaningless posts in a row, or just making posts such as: "QQQQQQQQQ". Several meaningless posts are called Double(or Triple)-posts. Double or Triple posting can hurt your reputation. It is part of the rules, so please do not spam. Make 1 meaningful post, and wait for someone to reply.

2.)Absolutely NO Bullying
Don't bully! This can hurt other user's feelings and could possibly hurt yours later! Posts about someone else in a rude way is a NO. You could possibly be banned for this! If you don't have something nice to say, please, don't say anything. If you don't like someone's post, just click the dislike button. No need to make rude comments.

3.) No begging for higher ranks.
If you want a higher rank, earn it! Please don't ask anyone a higher rank for another position. You can get higher ranks with a lot of rep and very good posts. Say, if you have very good rep, and just a few posts away from another position, don't spam! Moderators check your posts before they rank you up. With meaningless posts, they will keep you at your previous position.

4.) No Fowl Language
No fowl language will be tolerated. If you swear, it's a huge risk to get banned. Please use nicer words. We have children on here!

5.) No Advertising
Please, don't make posts about Advertisements. Advertising could get you banned. Advertising means you are sharing websites to get other users to join that webpage. Damen has earned these users and he doesn't want to lose them over Advertising.

Ranks
You might be wondering, "Well, how do I get higher ranks?"
Well, you need to earn them with good posts and a lot of rep. Do not ask a moderator or Admin for a higher rank. They will deny your request. Don't spam to get the good amount of posts.
Here are the list of ranks: (not in color) Banned, Rookie (you always start at one), Member, Master, News Reporter, Moderator, Administrator.
Make meaningful posts for good ranks!

Banned
Being banned means you cannot access your account until a moderator unbans you. The reasons for being banned are: Spamming, Swearing, Bullying, and Begging For Positions.
Please don't do these things, or you have a greater chance of being banned. You also get warning points. Warning points are basically warnings. Once you get 5 warning points, you get banned.
Moderators don't ban you for no reason. They always have a reason.

Rookie You also may be wondering, "Why does everyone start as a rookie?"
Well, a rookie means you're starting the forums. This is why you need to get higher ranks!

Member This is the position after Rookie. This means a moderator has checked your posts and they are meaningful and long.

Master This is the position after Member. Being a Master means you have met the requirements of having a slight chance to become a Moderator. But don't think because you're a Master that once you have met the requirements you become a Moderator. It doesn't work that way. You have to have a reason, and Damen has to read an application. Masters have the special section called the "Masters" section. Only masters can read and see posts there.

Moderator This is after Master. Being a Moderator means you can lock discussions and ban people. Being a Moderator has a lot of responsibility. You can probably see there are very few of them. Moderators get a light blue name color.

Administrator There are only 2 Admins. Damen and Cyberwolf. Please don't beg for Admin. That is a bad choice. There isn't a way to become an Admin unless Damen and Cyberwolf really trust you enough.

I really hope this post helped you.
I really hope you read the entire thing lol
Thanks for reading!
~Kenzie

+1 by SnapShotCindy, Grace, Mike676, avax and 2 others
Carry on, my wayward son.

Hopes And Dreams
Master
757 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
18th December 2013, 10:03 PM

I think this is the wrong category. If it is, could a Moderator move it to the right place please?

Carry on, my wayward son.

:3
1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
19th December 2013, 12:10 AM

Good post, explains a lot for new users. +1

+1 by Mycroft
Sadie was here, 12/27/2018. I love you, have a lovely day. <3
Sadie was here, 1/4/2020. Happy New Year, my love. I'm so thankful I can spend another year with you. <3
Scott was here 3/21/2020. We did it! <3
Scott was here 1/5/2021. We made it through 2020! I’m so thank you spend another year with you. <3

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
19th December 2013, 02:12 AM

Very nice post I like your wording and how it describes the forum. Great job!

+1 by Mycroft

Kara
Administrator

Login or join the forums to reply.