24th December 2013

Reminder about Images

Made by SecretResearcher in Help and Support

136 posts
Seen 8th March 2016
24th December 2013, 08:46 PM

Most people on the forums by now know about the BB Code for inserting images, portrayed as "". However, some people are putting incorrect image links so that their image does not show. This discussion will hopefully help with this issue.

I just want to remind users that links such as "prntscr" is not the actual image link. To get the actual image, you will have to right-click and either choose to copy the image URL, open the image in a new tab and copy the URL, or open the image in a new window and copy the new URL (all three result in the same URL if used on the same image).

For people using lightshot, the beginning of the URL you're suppose to use begins with "i.imgur". The reason why "prntscr" is not the actual image URL is because that URL shows not only the image, but also how many shots were uploaded in total, the various screenshots used on twitter, and more, making that link as a website URL (or just simply URL). The image has to be by itself to be considered an image URL.

If you have trouble reading this in paragraph form, here it is:

How to get actual image URLs:
  1. Right-Click - Copy image URL
  2. Right-Click - Open image in new tab
  3. Right-Click - Open image in new window

Why "prntscr" isn't the actual image URL (A) and why "i.imgur" is (B ):
  1. Prntscr has more than just the image, such as editing tools and Lightshot's facebook.
  2. i.imgur shows the image and the image alone.

Hoped this helped. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

That's all.

+1 by Grace, Dice, , Icedragon The Myth and 2 others
~ SecretResearcher

693 posts
Seen 26th November 2014
24th December 2013, 10:44 PM

Omg!! I never knew that! Ty for informing me! If I could give this 5 likes I wud.

Login or join the forums to reply.