Made by Damen in Penguin Isles

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
26th December 2013, 10:10 PM

Chapter 5: Cursed Forever.
Written by Damen, enjoy!

Declan dug hard with his shovel which was made of iron. He made it himself when he used to live in Birdlings with his father who was long gone. The group of 3 boys were sent out by Steward and Heir Damen to dig a large hole with enough space to put a coffin and treasures with lots of depth. The mainland had never felt so quiet before, it seemed everyone had become very fond and proud of the Queen. Her loss became a large void in the lives of the villagers and citizens on the Isles. The inhabitants of South Cap and the Dock Isles had come forth to be at the great funeral, along with fishermen and explorers from the further islands on the east sea.
“I’ve been doing most of the work as usual, you lazy, fat people!”
“Hey! Don’t be so rude to us Declan, I hurt my flipper whilst training,” replied Cervous.
“Stop your arguing, you beach worms, and get diggin’. I’ll be reporting any more nonsense to the King, and he’ll be unhappy for sure not that he needs anymore drama!” Zarmont the Great asserted to the 2 boys who were constantly in an uproar about how much work they both did.

Declan and Cervous stopped arguing immediately and continued digging, but Declan definitely was fed up of Zarmont and his silly threats. He once threatened him that if he didn't run an entire mile without stopping each day to get ‘in shape’, he’d kick him so hard that all of his fat would explode out of him, which of course was ridiculous.

Damen locked himself in his quarters as he stumbled over old books and papers looking for a feather to write down a letter to Captain Hashir at City Hanley to stop his aunt Pixie from visiting the funeral. Damen was getting very worried about his mother’s friends that were with her when they first came to the isles. He’d been hearing rumours from friends and royal advisors that a dark evil from the Dock Isle had left and moved to the mainland to execute their tasks. Such stories were of no concern to most of the Guardian Watch and many other citizens, but Damen had witnessed strange things in dreams of the time he went to the Dock Island with Henchy, Bonnie, Bobby and some others. He kept seeing people in the trees, not even penguins, they looked more like humans.

The door opened whilst Damen was in a flood of papers from his desk.
“Hey..” said Chelsey.
Damen turned, embarrassed.
“Why are you in here? I locked the door!” he blustered.
“Sorry, it’s just that I can’t help putting my hand in that gap lets you lift the lock up…” she smirked.
Damen grunted and shuffled back round continuing to rummage.
“If it’s a consolation to you, why are you acting so unusual? You should be assisting the penguins before they ride out with the… coffin,” Chelsey queried.
Damen stopped his agitated rummaging and stood up to turn round in a disquieted manner.
“Well… it’s just… well, last night I dreamt a great myriad of humans were on boats floating in from Dock Isle, they all came to these shores to do evil things… I can’t stop trying to think of what happened before I woke… it was scary yet so personable as if it’s no worry. Argh, it’s like… the whole worry is about a person I already know but I dislike… It’s a great mix of worry, discharged with the comfort of advantage over this foe.” As Damen spoke, Chelsey began to walk closer to him.
“Don’t worry, your mother just died, you have need to be upset,” she comforted Damen.
“No, no these aren’t about this… they’re about the future and what is happening. I’ve been having dreams building up to this one before when she was alive,” Damen professed passionately.
“My lord King, the Council are here to take us to the Burial,” said a Guard, walking in on their conversation.
Damen nodded and walked out. Before exiting, he looked back at the pile of paper lying inconveniently next to his bed.

Flipper, Chelsey, Damen, and Bobby were all walking together toward the burial event. They walked quietly together, respectfully. Queen Harriet’s advisor came to tell Damen that he’d need to get into the royal carriage as they entered the plot.
“It’s for protection,” the Advisor pleaded.
“And my friends are not worthy of protection?” Damen replied.
“Well… you are the King, but, your Grace you may pick but one other because the carriage is too small,” he advised.
Damen looked at his friends, they all faced him and smiled in a way to dismiss any embarrassment.
“I’ll just bring Chelsey with me. Ladies first, right?” Damen said.

Damen entered the carriage with Chelsey as the others walked behind with other entrants. Damen’s heart began to pound faster. He felt as if his dreams were all alive and focused at the burial place. All the feelings began to press on him. He kept seeing flash backs of the dream, faces, a figure growing from child to adult with power and evil. He suddenly burst out crying in sadness, fear, and utter absolution. Chelsey comforted him, but she began to weep, too.

Damen didn’t want to do his speech. They lowered the coffin into the ground and everyone put treasures in including fine jewels, scrolls of prayers and love, and fine daggers and gold pieces. All around, in a large crowd, were guards forming a circular group which extended away from the grave. In the front layer of the crowd were all the high born individuals, including Hashir, Corté, Reldo and their child, Rover. Also there was Pixie and her son Bobby. King Damen and Chelsey remained in the carriage, watching from afar.

“Have you brought anything?” Chelsey asked Damen.
“No. She gave me everything before she died that’s worth burying. She gave me a small red gem that my father used to own. It’s colored thick rose and is a kind of water drop shape. She said that if anyone other than a Hanley held it, it would become deep black and cursed forever. I keep it under my bed so nobody can lay their mittens on it!” he said whilst giggling.
“Hah. I got a small ring and silver chain. It was my mother’s supposedly.”
“Don’t give your family memories away,” he propounded.
“I thought royalty was more valuable than anyone else,” she muttered whilst looking down at her jewels.
“Don’t be absurd. I’m no different to you, nor you to me or him to her. We’re like snow. We’re all white and we all melt sooner or later,” he remarked.
“I’ve never thought of it like that…” she replied whilst smiling. “How was she? Was she fun?”
“Rather fun, but loving more than fun. If fun is all I needed she would have showered me with it. It wasn’t fun, it was love and she showered me with that.”

That night, Damen sat upon his bed alone in his quarters. Sipping on cold water, he considered the frightening dream of the night before. Deep in thought, he imagined what his life would be like as the King. Who would he really rule, other than just citizens and guards and councillors and advisors. He constantly worried his rule would not be relevant to some people though, perhaps the enemies in his dreams. Suddenly, the door knocked.
“My Lord Damen King” uttered a voice, muffled behind the door.
“Come in, sir!” Damen shouted back.
A guard came in, “A visitor is here to see you.” Behind the Guard was 3 people of importance; Reldo, Corté, and Rover. Damen looked at them but felt uncomfortable for some reason.
“Erm, of course, come in friends. Sir Guard!” Damen said.
“Yes Your Grace?”
“Would you mind staying guard and keep the door open?” Damen asked.
“Of course your majesty,” accepted the Guard.

“Oh Damen, we’re so sorry about the loss of Harriet. She was a great friend of ours,” said Reldo to Damen.
“Yes I know, but you say ours. Now tell me which it was whom slayed my father in front of her very eyes,” Damen grudged.
Corté looked uncomfortably toward Damen at that point and started to grow disturbed. Reldo looked to the side in concern and sorrow.
“That is behind us now, my Lord,” said Reldo.
“Yes, I know,” grumbled Damen as he downed the last of his water. Licking his lips, he turned to look at Rover who was standing there with wide eyes and a small mouth.
“Cute for a 14-year-old. Aren’t you, little soul?” Damen sniggered.

Rover smiled a little, and his parents looked at him proudly.
“I suppose he’ll be a farmer or fisherman one day, don’t you think? A child like this can’t be ruined in hard work can he?” Damen recommended to Reldo.
“Indeed, perhaps he will live for a lighter load in his day coming,” replied Reldo.
“Corté, what did you put in?” Damen asked.
“My Lord King, I put in 100 gold pieces and a golden statue for happy riches in her adventures to come!” she replied.
“I suppose you thought that was pretty genuine of you? Ever do you seek to be a rich opposer. Even in kind acts you walk away with no honour,” Damen hissed.
Reldo rose and shouted, “Don’t say that to her!”
“So the slayer woman has really changed, has she?” he asked.
“She’s not as she was, Damen my King!” Reldo bursted in disgust.
“Get out! Corté, get out! Guards, get her!” Damen commanded and stood up. Rover looked untouched by the argument, looking aside from Damen toward the wall.
The guard raced towards Corté and grabbed her.
“Get off her, you dog!” Reldo shouted.
“This one is even worse, it seems. He’s changed since he bore the favour of my father! Take them both!” Damen despised.
Reldo tried fighting the Guards as they came in to take them both. They were soon removed from the room, and kept shouting from down the hall.
“What of this boy, King?” asked one of the Guards retreating from the arrest.
“Oh, him? Well, I once thought I couldn’t do anything about him, but now I’m King. I think I’ll give this cute face a smash or two. Take Rover, the Spawn of Scum, to the deepest of dungeons and feed him bones for the rest of his days!” shouted Damen.
“As commanded my Lord!” the Guard replied proudly.

Rover didn’t even react to the sentence as he stood in the midst of the Guard who was about to arrest him. At the last second before the Guard grabbed him, he lifted his flipper and in his palm was a small red rose gem. The guard immediately fell back knowing the gem’s importance.
“My King, it’s your mother’s rose stone, he’s holding it!”
“Put that down!” Damen shouted, traumatized.
The guard pushed Rover to the floor quickly. Rover in pain yelped, then let the stone roll across the floor. Damen and the Guard looked down at it. The beautiful red rose color started to curdle into an evil deep black. Cursed it became, forever.

+1 by May23, TikiLiki, Moshi, PenguinDSC and 20 others

4|23|15
Master
810 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
26th December 2013, 10:20 PM

Haha,this is my favorite Chapter so far.It's pretty funny,I really wanted to keep reading since the rose became cursed 0.o.Great job!

+1 by Redball
Kara, Olivia, Tessa, Olivia, Adam, Olivia, Olivia

Michigan J Frog
406 posts
Seen 7th August 2023
26th December 2013, 10:30 PM

Wow interesting story Professor Damen. I like the comedy and action towards the end. Every part of the story played a big part but some parts were just to fill up the page not to be mean but trying to help.

+1 by Redball

2,325 posts
Seen 2nd November 2015
26th December 2013, 10:34 PM

Yes, it is quite interesting, and very detailed! If you just switched it out with real people, this could become a bestselling novel.

+1 by TikiLiki

4|23|15
Master
810 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
26th December 2013, 10:36 PM

May23 is right,I really hope you become a Real-life Author sometime.You make really good stories and you have great vocabulary and grammar.I can't compare you to other 16 year olds...

Kara, Olivia, Tessa, Olivia, Adam, Olivia, Olivia

The Great
Master
3,983 posts
Seen 10th September 2020
26th December 2013, 11:31 PM

when ur older i see a website that is based off a book series ;)
damen can you also put me in the lore?

+1 by Redball

Master
1,827 posts
Seen 19th May 2023
27th December 2013, 04:11 AM

Extraordinary post, Damen!
Loved the vocabulary and suspension you used! Creative! Mostly liked the part where Declan was in it. I would like to be in the lore, but I wouldn't probably ask.

+1 by Redball

To Find A FlashLight You Need A FlashLight
372 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
27th December 2013, 05:33 AM

Great Chapter great lore!
May I maybe be in the lore?
If too many asked already don't put me in.

+1 by Redball

I like cheese
1,430 posts
Seen 19th June 2022
27th December 2013, 05:45 AM

YAY I AM IN THE CHAPTER
Yes I sometimes Rude
but Im Kind
t think there should be a part when i start my first news On How did you know about My Farther Not With Me Alot....

+1 by Damen, NinjaSilva and Redball
Declan - Quit

Master
1,827 posts
Seen 19th May 2023
27th December 2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
YAY I AM IN THE CHAPTER

Yes I sometimes Rude

but Im Kind

t think there should be a part when i start my first news On How did you know about My Farther Not With Me Alot....
Cause I'm mostly helping users and doing my job as a master.

+1 by Redball

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
27th December 2013, 06:42 AM

Thank you!
Quote:
Wow interesting story Professor Damen. I like the comedy and action towards the end. Every part of the story played a big part but some parts were just to fill up the page not to be mean but trying to help.
Stories need variations of content, otherwise it would just be short and un-fullfilling. It's kind of like writing all the lord of the rings without all the life detail:
"Gandalf came to Bilbo's birthday, Bilbo disappeared then Frodo got a ring then Frodo destroyed it. Sauron died."
What kind of story is that?!

+1 by PenguinDSC, Snev, Mohamed, Archie and 1 other

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
28th December 2013, 04:27 AM

Nice chapter Damen, your a great author! Will there be more characters in the next?

+1 by Mohamed, Damen, Dice and Redball

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

I like cheese
1,430 posts
Seen 19th June 2022
28th December 2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
YAY I AM IN THE CHAPTER

Yes I sometimes Rude

but Im Kind

Also i kinda do drama...
News Reporting I love!
Next time we could have me doing my first news report scared and any other word for scared

+1 by Redball
Declan - Quit

Looking for a sword trainer!
988 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
28th December 2013, 09:06 AM

The rise of evil Rover...Also!I noticed how you used some of the names that people have on the forums!

+1 by Damen and Redball
~Ninjay

Soul Eater is awesome

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
28th December 2013, 06:07 PM

I like this chapter.
Your a good writer and my favorite part is when Cervous and Declan stopped arguing because I don't like to argue.

Login or join the forums to reply.