31st December 2013

The Little Lost Duckling

Made by Backon in The Lounge

Banned
590 posts
Seen 14th February 2014
31st December 2013, 04:37 AM

One sunny morning, Mother Duck led her four new ducklings down to the old pond. "Stay close, little ones," she told them. But one little ducklig did'nt listen. "Follow me, my babies," called Mother Duck
as she swam away. But one little duckling did'nt do as she was told. She did'nt want to follow her mother across the water. She wanted to dart after the dragonflies ... watch the frogs Shopping on the lilly pads, ... and chase the glistening fish. So hat's just what Little Duckling did. She splashed in the water and frighttend the fish. She snapped her little beak at the dragonflies. And she quaket in amazement when the kingfisher fleh by, like a little piece of summer sky. After a while, Little Duckling was tired of playing. She scrambled up onto the river bank and fluffed her feathers to dry. Around her the wind whispered in the grass. The leaves rustled, and overhead the sky grew dark. Little Duckling realised she was all alone. Little Duckling looked across the pond. other Duck was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, Little Duckling wanted to see her mother very much indeed. Just then, Hedgehog came shuffling throough the leaves. 'Have you seen my mummt?' asked the Little Duckling. But the Hedgehog just shook his head, and carried on hunting for juicy worms to eat.

To be countinued...

Login or join the forums to reply.