Disliking

Made by Hashir in The Lounge

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd January 2014, 06:11 PM

Hi,
I want to point one thing out; the disliking rampage. This time its not two people disliking each other, its a bunch of users disliking one person. Okay well, I know and you know we all make mistakes. It could be big or small, but mistakes do occur to everyone. When people try to make up for those mistakes in this forums, what happens is people just continue to dislike, for NO reason. Like seriously, I'll give you an example. Happyfeetjer made a post regarding a youtube team. He got 7 dislikes for that, yes 7! I mean seriously, what is up with that? His post may have not have best grammar, but it was still a good post. It did not deserve a dislike! I have two people who also have saw this.

Key123 said: Yeah, I feel bad for happy. I saw people disliking her post because of punctuation errors! C'mon nobody is perfect!

Archie said: I honestly think that something like 150 - 200 reputation should be needed to be able to dislike. People with that amount are probably quite responsible.

I agree with both of there thoughts, and a lot of you guys probably think this should be stopped. So please, stop. Thanks!

+1 by Scott, PenguinDSC, Icedragon The Myth, x and 4 others
"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
2nd January 2014, 06:14 PM

Thank you for making this clear to users I also agree Hashir this disliking rampage is really annoying but it can be solved I think users that are masters should be able to dislike maybe few users with member they must have a good amount of rep I think.

Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021
2nd January 2014, 06:15 PM

Dislikes should be removed..
On most forums you can only like posts, if you don't "like" these posts, you leave it alone.
Last thing we need are wars and arguments over dislikes.

+1 by Scott, Hashir, Icedragon The Myth, Abby and 1 other

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

Hopes And Dreams
Master
757 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
2nd January 2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:

On most forums you can only like posts, if you don't "like" these posts, you leave it alone.

Or just have really high Reputation to dislike, maybe 150?

Carry on, my wayward son.

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021
2nd January 2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Considering the most active people already have a high reputation, it won't really change much. People will fight over it regardless.

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd January 2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Considering the most active people already have a high reputation, it won't really change much. People will fight over it regardless.
You do have a point. Maybe dislikes should be removed.

"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

693 posts
Seen 26th November 2014
2nd January 2014, 06:20 PM

AGREED!!!!!!!!
People shouldn't dislike for no reason. Maybe only people with 200 rep and above should be able to dislike. I agree with Archie and Key123. They shouldn't dislike his post!
Quote:

Yeah I kind of agree with you too. Maybe it should be removed And I don't dislike that much posts. I sometimes leave it alone. Unless it's really bad. But anyway I kind of agree with you too name!

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
2nd January 2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe the dislike button should actually just banish away into the air until users understand the meaning of a dislike button disliking causes a bunch of drama causing users to have climax of fighting disliking does not only hurt one user though because once you dislike the users post they will most likely dislike yours also causing both users to loose rep. Disliking isn't on facebook even though it should be I have seen way to much things on that a bunch of big name sites don't have a dislike button and forums.damenspike.com is building up with great success so maybe the dislike button should be banished forever.

+1 by Mycroft
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Login or join the forums to reply.