7th January 2014

For Your Saftey

Made by avax in The Lounge

:3
1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
7th January 2014, 09:23 PM

Hey everyone! Sorry if this isn't in the right category.

I wanted to talk about something. Personal information. You don't know, even giving out your name can be dangerous.

Today, I am going to talk about personal info. I put a lot of thought into this. Personal Information is for only you and you to know. Personal Information may count as a lot of things such as your real name, a picture of your cat or you yourself, or what state or country you live in. I don't want to scare some people, but there are nasty sick old men who pretend to be your "friend" and they can capture you, if you give out personal information. Some people post pictures of their selves, or give out their name. I have to admit this, Elsa Jones is not my real name. I keep it in privet so no one can know. I am just saying please, please keep any personal information to yourself! There are hackers in this world, they can track down stuff when you give out the tiniest if information! Thanks for reading this, I hope you understand.

And, should I continue The Ice Queen Show?

+1 by Icedragon The Myth, Dice, Preston, May23 and 2 others
Sadie was here, 12/27/2018. I love you, have a lovely day. <3
Sadie was here, 1/4/2020. Happy New Year, my love. I'm so thankful I can spend another year with you. <3
Scott was here 3/21/2020. We did it! <3
Scott was here 1/5/2021. We made it through 2020! I’m so thank you spend another year with you. <3

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th January 2014, 09:27 PM

Nathan ain't my real name, either.

+1 by avax

693 posts
Seen 26th November 2014
7th January 2014, 09:27 PM

!Magnificent Post! I agree! Though I think telling your age wouldn't be much dangerous. Because it doesn't really affect easier to hack. So yeah. I know you didn't add telling your age. And a picture of your cat? I think thats okay. Though a picture of you maybe.... Though your right! 1+

+1 by avax

1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
7th January 2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
!Magnificent Post! I agree! Though I think telling your age wouldn't be much dangerous. Because it doesn't really affect easier to hack. So yeah. I know you didn't add telling your age. And a picture of your cat? I think thats okay. Though a picture of you maybe.... Though your right! 1+
Yes, telling your age dosen't make a difference. But some people lie about it. This is why you can't nessacarly trust anyone with anything online. And, if you take a picture of your cat someone can find the IP address of where it was taken, search the IP address then find the house.

Sadie was here, 1/4/2020. Happy New Year, my love. I'm so thankful I can spend another year with you. <3
Scott was here 1/5/2021. We made it through 2020! I’m so thank you spend another year with you. <3

693 posts
Seen 26th November 2014
7th January 2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, telling your age dosen't make a difference. But some people lie about it. This is why you can't nessacarly trust anyone with anything online. And, if you take a picture of your cat someone can find the IP address of where it was taken, search the IP address then find the house.
Oh (about the cat) Well my age in real life is 9. Though your true. Though I never knew they could do that.

1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
7th January 2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Nathan ain't my real name, either.
Yes, some people make up names, which is fine.

1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
7th January 2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh (about the cat) Well my age in real life is 9. Though your true. Though I never knew they could do that.
Yes, hackers are scary!

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
7th January 2014, 09:36 PM

many people on this forum have gave out there real name even some mods

+1 by avax

1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
7th January 2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I wish some people knew what is right.

691 posts
Seen 7th May 2015
8th January 2014, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I wish some people knew what is right.
Other people does. But others don't. Others tell themselves they're "smart" which is positive, and it works will make you smart. But sometimes you have to work for it. Other people knows what's wrong.. but don't know what's right. You just have to pray for wisdom. (Sorry I don't wanna give my religion which is on the rules).

Loading Swag.. 0% ██████] 100%

GIFs/Signatures Credited to Polarmanax

Master
1,175 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
8th January 2014, 07:26 AM

Actually, I don't really think giving out your name will get you in trouble. I even said my real name is Kyle. No one bothers to track me down, because no one here is an adult, and if there are any, I never had someone track my IP address. Why? Because that can be anyone's name. James could be anyone's name, Kyle could be anyone's name, there's even 6 different people named Derp. I don't know where you got giving out your name from, but stay clear of your middle and last name. Middle and last names put more effect on you than first names.

Otherwise, thanks for the post. +1

+1 by avax
"I've failed over and over and over all my life, and that is why I succeed."

Epic Signature by Thisismyname

Awesome signature by Courtney6

Ahoy! Me and my good friend Rockhopper!

LUCKY PICTURE!

Me and Damen, a rare sight! :D

Thanks, Cherry123!

Nice job, Bailey!

Awesome job, Gamer!

King Regent Cyberwolf of Snaildom!

Another impressive masterpiece by Gamer!

xx
Master
1,573 posts
Seen 4th August 2023
8th January 2014, 08:18 AM

Good post, Tobuscus. Still, like Nintendo said, there is not just one of you in the world. There could be someone with your exact name, and has stuff like you. Still, I never give my name away, because I just want to keep it secret. Still, good post. +1 for Nintendo, and, +1 for Tobuscus. :)

1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
8th January 2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Actually, I don't really think giving out your name will get you in trouble. I even said my real name is Kyle. No one bothers to track me down, because no one here is an adult, and if there are any, I never had someone track my IP address. Why? Because that can be anyone's name. James could be anyone's name, Kyle could be anyone's name, there's even 6 different people named Derp. I don't know where you got giving out your name from, but stay clear of your middle and last name. Middle and last names put more effect on you than first names.

Otherwise, thanks for the post. +1
Yes, some people give out their full name. Some hacker can simply look it up and get the IP address. There might be a 60 year old man here, so don't feel safe. You don't need to correct me, I know someone who can do it, I saw it. Saying for example "I live in United Kingdom" can get you in trouble. Someone can find "Kyle" and find your IP. Be careful is what I am saying.

Login or join the forums to reply.