11th January 2014
1 view

Last Survivor

Made by Bailey in The Lounge

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
11th January 2014, 09:33 PM

My heart is pounding. I'm running for my life. Flames are everywhere. People are dying, losing their homes, their lives. No one can stop it. All anyone can do is run. As far away from the premises as possible. I doubt anyone is surviving this. I can't stop coughing. Blood is pouring from my body. I'm getting weak. My vision is blurred. I can barely run. The most I can do is crawl, not even. I am going to die, maybe in seconds. I don't know. I have to get out of here.

Why am I not dead. I should have died. I don't deserve a life. All good people have died. I am not one of those good people. My whole family is gone. Practically everyone in this country is gone. I try to comprehend what has just happened. But it is too much to handle. Rubble. Burnt homes, and plant life. Everywhere. Most of the fires have disintegrated. Still some small flames from here to there, but not much. This can't be possible. At first, I keep thinking this is not reality. Like it's just one enormous dream. No. Nightmare. That has entered my dreams. I pinch myself. I pinch again. And again. And again. No effect. This is reality.

How is this possible. One minute, everyone's living their average lives. And another minute, total chaos throughout the world. It's as if some uprising has occurred, which is unlikely, since no one has done anything to tick off the Capitol, which no longer exists anymore, since I am the only one who survived this. Now what do I do? Everything is gone. Everyone. What I need to find is water. Refreshing. Clean. There's no water in sight as I can see. Without it, I will die. I'm still trying to figure out if I should die or not. No. I can't die. Not like this. Not today. Not now.

I feel like I've been walking forever. Everything that has been destroyed goes on for miles, and miles. There's no way I can live like this. Not a chance. As I'm walking, I stumble upon a tiny, shallow pool of water. I don't understand how this could be here. I try not to think about it. I go on my hands and knees, and hesitantly lick the pool. Cold. Perfect. I just wish I could put the water in a cup so I could sip every last bit. So, I just drink all of it off the ground, as much as I can get.

The water was good, but is it good enough? I'll need way more if I want to live in a place like this. Water is an essential matter of life. An average person can go only three short days without water. I don't know how long I can live without it. My stomach starts to growl, of course. I'm hungry. I go into each and every house to see if any food has lasted. Nothing. I can't stand it. My stomach is growling like crazy. I'll just deal with it for now, but I can't forever.

This is hopeless! I'm just going to die right now. I can't live in this condition, without any food or water, which I've mentioned a million times before. I just lie on the ground, waiting for nature to take its course, and soon enough, it does. And I'm gone forever, just like everyone else that horrifying day.

THE END

+1 by Grace, Preston, Freddy, Scott and 8 others

1,546 posts
Seen 31st May 2020
11th January 2014, 09:39 PM

this have be a sad story :(

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
12th January 2014, 03:12 AM

Interesting story, emotional too! Maybe vary your sentences more next time? They all seem to be very short. Overall, pretty good!

+1 by Preston

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

Master
919 posts
Seen 2nd March 2016
12th January 2014, 02:14 PM

:O This is so interesting! I LOVE IT!! You should make more :D

Login or join the forums to reply.