11th October 2013

Weekly Overview

Made by Thisismyname in News

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021
11th October 2013, 08:24 PM

Hello guys, today I am started a brand new news series that is weekly. In this weekly news report, I will quickly go over any new features to oldcp or any events that happened. It will be by day of the week, starting from today to last Friday. So just sit back and relax and catch up on anything you missed!

FRIDAY: 10/11/13
Brand new features as well as prices dropped for store items. Lets take a look at what was released:

Pet cats!
You can now adopt a cat if you have a cat owner license (buy it from the credit shop for 100 credits)
To get a cat, you can do /adopt [catname]. You can also do several other commands such as "Stop follow me [catname]" and "Follow me [catname]
Your cat is a bot but has a custom nametag.

Fall Fair
The island is now decorated to look like the Fall Fair
Fall Fair music has been added to the rooms

Posts for credits
You can now earn credits by posting topics and responses on the forums.
You earn 500 credits for every 50 posts.
•Spamming for credits WILL give you a forum ban. Don't do it!

THURSDAY: 10/10/13
Not much happened on thursday, but some notable staff changes:

Staff Changes
User Rachelle is no longer a Moderator on the staff team.

WEDNESDAY:10/9/13
Nothing notable for Wednesday 10/9/13

TUESDAY:10/8/13
The OldCP October Moderator competition comes to end:

Day 4 October Moderator Competition
Pieguy takes the win and obtains the moderator position.
The Hoodies were the remaining team.
There were many tasks, some of which were for the finalists to run the Night Club and the Pizza Place.

MONDAY 10/7/13
The semi-finals for the OldCP October Moderator competition take place. The details of this event cannot be provided.

SUNDAY 10/6/13
The October Moderator Competition kicks off.
The Freehawks won this day of the competition. The Nerds fell right behind the freehawks and obtained second place

On other news, Damen added two new commands:
/ignore: Ignore a user
/unignore: Stop ignoring a user.

And finally, Cyberwolf got the Owner position on OldCP. He now can add channels and help manage the game in new ways. Make sure you congratulate him!

SATURDAY 10/5/13
Nothing notable happened on Saturday except that people were prepping for the OldCP Moderator competition.

FRIDAY 10/4/13
Friday was fairly eventful. All of the events are outlined below:

Friday Funnight Competition
The Friday Funnight Competition for credits was hosted on Friday. The winning user received credits.

Forum News
Damen added a new feature called Forum Albums. Users can now use albums to show off their photos to other users.

And that my friends if the first issue of weekly news. The weekly news will be posted every Friday and will outline many of the main events. Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time.

+1 by Bailey and Kara

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
11th October 2013, 08:26 PM

This is Super cool great job with this. I can't wait to hear about what happens if i'm ever on vacation without a computer and then I can read this :D

+1 by Bailey

Master
5,463 posts
Seen 11th January 2023
11th October 2013, 08:34 PM

Thanks I loved all that you said :D

+1 by Ethan

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
11th October 2013, 08:35 PM

Thisismyname, if you want, you can use my discussion for the Semifinal's details. It's called Old Club Penguin Moderator Competition-Day 3/4 The Semifinals. This discussion has all the details you need to know about what occured during this day of the competition. Other than that, fantastic review! Now people will know what heppened throughout the week if they missed some of it! Hope my discussion for the Semifinals helped! :)

+1 by Thisismyname

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
11th October 2013, 08:46 PM

I wish I could remember what happened throughout the week like you can. You must have taken notes every day so you can prepare this so it is informative to others. I only give reviews for the day. You are a very successful news reporter! You definitely deserve credit for doing such an outstanding job with this! ;)

Login or join the forums to reply.