9th September 2013

Tips

Made by Gaf in Help and Support

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th September 2013, 08:40 PM

Hey! To all of the staff out there, what are some tips to become a moderator?

+1 by pickle and avax, -1 by Concord and Kara
Epic signature from thisismyname Cool signature from Cheep! Cool sig from Bella

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021

Quote:
Ways to achieve a moderator or admin position

Hi guys! So, from the time I became staff on OldCP in early July, I have always seen "I want moderator", "give me moderator", and "how do I get moderator?" - That being said, I'm going to give you all tips and different ways to earn a position on the OldCP team.

1) I recommend you already have member on the chat before earning a chat moderator position. You want to make Damen know you're trustworthy and loyal enough to be on the team.

2) If you receive a position as chat moderator, don't assume you get in-game moderator. Those are two different ranks. You still have to earn in-game moderator by being helpful in-game, and being active. If you do that, a moderator or administrator could possibly recommend you to Damen.

3) Participate in lots of events! Don't be a dull penguin. The OldCP staff likes someone who is fun, enjoyable, loves joining in on contests/events, but is still serious at their position.

4) Do NOT break rules. If you plan on being part of the team, you must follow the rules!

5) Getting chat owner and administrator is a very hard rank to achieve. You must be a moderator for a while, and start proving to Damen that you would make a great leader upon the team.
--chat owner and administrator is what I'm currently earning at the moment, as you can tell, it's definitely taking me some time!--
I hope this helped!
-Cyberwolf

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

156 posts
Seen 17th June 2020

Kissing lots of ass usually helps.

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023

What I can recommend you is
-Following Rules
-Being Active (At least be on every 3 days)
-Respect the Staff
-Earn Damen's trust
-Be Patient
That's really the basic things you need.

+1 by Concord
"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

Login or join the forums to reply.