9th September 2013

OldCP Press- Signups

Made by Thisismyname in Announcements

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021
9th September 2013, 10:31 PM

OldCP Press is going to be an every-other-week "newspaper" with many different segments including: Interviews, art of the issue, post of the issue, useful links, short stories, breaking news/staff updates, tips and tricks, and community opinions and a couple more. The OldCP Press will be made up of members of the community.

The point of this thread is for members to sign up for a certain job. Before posting please be sure to read all information located in this post.

SEGMENTS:
The newspaper will be made up of many different segments. Below is a list of every segment.

-News: Staff updates, upcoming parties, competitions, and site news.
-Interviews: 1-2 interviews of community members. Interviews will be done via mail on the forums and interviewers will be asking 1-2 players questions. [people who are interviewed are also consider Player of the Issue (issue as in the press)
-Short Stories: Members will submit their short stories to the press team. Short stories that are well written will be featured in an issue.
-Fan Art: Members/users will be able to submit fan art they did THEMSELVES to us. If no fan art is submitted, we will find threads containing fan art and feature those threads.
-Posts: In every issue we will find some well written threads to feature. Usually these threads/posts will have something to do with the news that came in the issue.
-Useful links: At the end of every issue, we will include useful links to things that may help out the community. The useful links section will never have a link removed but ones will be added every issue.
-Tips & tricks: Every week, we will have a member of the Press team create a section that will include glitches, tips, or tricks. This section can contain quotes from posts, links, or tips on moderator and etc.
-Warm Welcomes: Welcoming new members of OldCP. Every issue will contain a list of new members.

Now that I got that covered, let me move onto the positions available for the Press.

JOBS

-Writer [3/3]
We will need 2-3 strong writers for the Press team. These members will help do the interviews and news section of the paper. This position is only available to those who have strong vocabulary and can use proper grammar.

-Forum Scavenger [0/3]
For the press, I will need 1-3 users to scavenge (or search) the forums for any useful links, quotes, new users, posts, fanart. These people must be fairly good writers as they will be writing several sections.

-Co-owner [1/1]
This person is very important and will help me receive artwork, short stories, and other player submissions. This person will also help me put together every issue.

1. IGN [in-game-name]:
2. Position you are looking for:
3. Why should you have this position?
4. How much free-time do you have on the computer?:
5. Skype Username [Skype is required to join the press. All users of the press must have a skype account to transfer information. If you do not have a skype account, it is required that you must create one before joining the press]:

Thank you guys! Can't wait to see some of the submissions for positions.

+1 by Damen, Chelsey, Liz and CPManiac

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023

NIce! So what do I do??

+1 by pickle and avax
Epic signature from thisismyname Cool signature from Cheep! Cool sig from Bella

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021

Quote:
NIce! So what do I do??
Depends on the position you apply for, if you are considering joining the Press. Members who want to join simply copy the application form and fill it out and repost it here. Members who do not want to join the Press simply wait until the release of the first issue. There will be 2 issues per month.

+1 by Chelsey and CPManiac

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

Rookie
1 posts

So, this is a temporary account for Chelsey, so pretend it's Chelsey filling this out, okay? I may repost this on my actual account once I'm not stuck on my tablet.

1. IGN: Chelsey
2. Position you are looking for: Co-owner
3. Why should you have this position? I believe I'm very responsible and organized, and seeing as I'm a natural leader, the position seems best out of the options I was given. Plus, I think being your co-owner would give me an opportunity to get to know you better, and vise versa.
4. How much free-time do you have on the computer?: Too much!
5. Skype Username: 'crayonkitty'

Thanks.
Edit: I posted this before the new rules pls don't get mad ok. I won't use this account again, I was just having trouble logging onto my normal account on my tablet. I prOmIsE.

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023

I would like to host a comedy section or be co-owner.

Why I think I would be good.

: because I like to write stuff, expessily jokes.

: I like to in a part of stuff.
: I am very funny, once you know me .

I know this wasent alot but I'd love to be a part of it. And you know my skype

+1 by pickle and avax

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023

Thank you, I have used this concept.

Master
1,175 posts
Seen 14th March 2016

1. IGN [in-game-name]: Nintendo
2. Position you are looking for: Writer
3. Why should you have this position? I have very interesting and mind-blowing grammar, I am experienced in actual blog posting, I have posted in about 6 blogs so far. I am a very strong writer, and I also have spectacular vocabulary. I also am a moderator in-game, not to mention.
4. How much free-time do you have on the computer?: On weekdays of around 8 AM - 3 PM, I will not be available, but other than that, I'm free.
5. Skype Username [Skype is required to join the press. All users of the press must have a skype account to transfer information. If you do not have a skype account, it is required that you must create one before joining the press]:
NintendoCPPS

"I've failed over and over and over all my life, and that is why I succeed."

Epic Signature by Thisismyname

Awesome signature by Courtney6

Ahoy! Me and my good friend Rockhopper!

LUCKY PICTURE!

Me and Damen, a rare sight! :D

Thanks, Cherry123!

Nice job, Bailey!

Awesome job, Gamer!

King Regent Cyberwolf of Snaildom!

Another impressive masterpiece by Gamer!

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021

Quote:
Thank you, I have used this concept.
Hmm..What do you mean by you've used it?

EDIT: Oh, now I see, Its on the homepage. Thanks damen :)

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021

Quote:
So, this is a temporary account for Chelsey, so pretend it's Chelsey filling this out, okay? I may repost this on my actual account once I'm not stuck on my tablet.1. IGN: Chelsey2. Position you are looking for: Co-owner3. Why should you have this position? I believe I'm very responsible and organized, and seeing as I'm a natural leader, the position seems best out of the options I was given. Plus, I think being your co-owner would give me an opportunity to get to know you better, and vise versa.4. How much free-time do you have on the computer?: Too much!5. Skype Username: 'crayonkitty'Thanks.

Accepted, I will be sending you a skype request shortly.
Quote:
1. IGN [in-game-name]: Nintendo2. Position you are looking for: Writer3. Why should you have this position? I have very interesting and mind-blowing grammar, I am experienced in actual blog posting, I have posted in about 6 blogs so far. I am a very strong writer, and I also have spectacular vocabulary. I also am a moderator in-game, not to mention.4. How much free-time do you have on the computer?: On weekdays of around 8 AM - 3 PM, I will not be available, but other than that, I'm free.5. Skype Username [Skype is required to join the press. All users of the press must have a skype account to transfer information. If you do not have a skype account, it is required that you must create one before joining the press]:NintendoCPPS

Alright, you've been accepted as a writer for the press team. You'll be receiving a contact request from me shortly.

Rookie
2 posts
Seen 30th April 2014

hi

+1 by Damen

520 posts
Seen 24th July 2023

this is excelent this will be great for oldcp I hope I get interviewed!!

[10:55:03 AM] Domo/TheCraftedArt: fired mod

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023

So I guess I'm not in it? :$

+1 by avax

Banned
43 posts
Seen 16th March 2014

Mood how do you pictures Damen plz change it to browse so its easier

I am back on Oldcp

Banned
43 posts
Seen 16th March 2014

Sorry for triple messages but I am yas33n34 is my user lol my mom gave me an email address when I was 5 I am 9/10 I wrote that for next year

I am back on Oldcp

Master
1,827 posts
Seen 19th May 2023

1. IGN: Pickle1020
2. Position you are looking for: Writer
3. Why should you have this position? I like writing news and stuff. I have really good grammar and I always type at least 3 posts each week. Unless there is nothing else to post, also there are not that much people on the blog.
4. How much free-time do you have on the computer?: 2, 4, or 6 hours in random places.
5. Skype Username: 'picklewhy'

Oh, and

+1 by Gaf and ihatepickle1020, -1 by IslandBackup

Login or join the forums to reply.