OldCP - what will happen when it closes

Made by tennis in Announcements

The Great
Master
3,983 posts
Seen 10th September 2020
24th August 2014, 10:10 PM

Hello Forum community,
Eventually (sooner rather than later), OldCP will shut down. I know many users are upset by this, but there is many valid explanations. It is to much of a copyright risk and as much as we do not like it...Disney owns Club Penguin. If OldCP does not shut down the following could happen.
- Damen could be thrown in jail.
- Damen could be fined and sued.
- DSGHQ could be shut down.
OldCp is not worth the risk and the amount of money to keep it online at this point. Damen has announced he will no longer be spending money on the game. As stated in a post earlier today Snaildom is on schedule and will be ready for beta testing in about a month. Enjoy OldCp while it lasts but when it does go throwing a fit and getting angry at Disney will do nothing to bring it back. During that gap between OldCp and Snaildom there might be some users who feel bored, but there are many things still open to you... the dsghq chat will still be open 24 hours a day for you to chat on and there is always the forums. So please... it is not the end of the world when OldCp shuts down and be thankful to Damen for keeping it up for so long and spending so much money on the game.

Thank you guys and thank you to Hashir for his post.

+1 by Starwolf, Cheep, n, TerryDJ and 19 others

2,178 posts
Seen 30th November 2021
24th August 2014, 10:15 PM

Even though this is heart breaking and sad as it may sound. We should not get mad at Damen or Disney. We at least got the time and fun to be on Oldcp. There are others who did not. Oldcp was a good game but we should be greatful we had Oldcp. I'd rather Oldcp be shut down then seeing Damen get thrown in Jail or Sued. We have many other games coming our way. So we should make the best out of Oldcp while we can. ~Starwolf~

+1 by Varai, Cheep, tennis, V and 3 others

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
24th August 2014, 10:15 PM

Once one door closes, another door shall open for a new journey. :)

+1 by Starwolf, Cheep, tennis, Scott and 1 other

frozo<3
Master
1,701 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th August 2014, 10:18 PM

Damen and his people need to be prepared for this and know what he is doing is illigel.

+1 by Cheep, Scott, V, Sam and 1 other
Epic signature from thisismyname Cool signature from Cheep! Cool sig from Bella

506 posts
Seen 17th March 2019
24th August 2014, 10:19 PM

It will be sad when/if it closes, but there could still be snaildom!

~Nikki

+1 by V

Certified Nick Foles Fan
1,076 posts
Seen 19th April 2020
24th August 2014, 10:25 PM

I'm ready for the game to shut down, It's a shame that a great game is ending, but there's not much point to it if all it's going to do is get Damen into trouble. Snaildom will be a new, unique, fun, and LEGAL game, and I can't wait until it comes out.

+1 by tennis and V

Lead us Thorin!!
R.I.P Sean K.

--
127 posts
Seen 22nd February 2016
25th August 2014, 12:03 AM

Yes, I agree. We've all had our ups and downs with OldCP, but this is something we cannot change without losing another.
If you can't fathom what's to become of OldCP, you must understand that in our efforts to bring it back, we'll risk multiple conditions of which will be a disappointment to many.
At least we all have memories to look back at, and most of us have the forums to communicate with. If that isn't enough, then I'm sorry, but we'll have to cope with it.

+1 by V, Polarmanax and Kara

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
25th August 2014, 12:26 AM

Hello,
OldCP is a game that brings joy and happiness, but it can also bring great danger. It's not worth any risks any more. Personally the game has grown old and not much of it remains happy. You see angry users crying because their not a staff member you see people acting like their evil and stuff. It seems like nothing changed but us. We judged when the office went and became the thrones all we do is judge and it is horrible of us. We're not the ones paying for the game we're not the ones getting frustrated because we can't just make the game work 100%, Damen is. It's time we let it go I love Moderating the game and I love the community but OldCP can go if it must to save Damen. Stop complaining guys think for others for once and actually comprehend OldCP would never last forever (unless Damen passed the game and frustration to others) Damen is becoming smarter and even more intelligent and it's time for him to make better creations instead of spending time on OldCP. Respect all of his choices just stop being ignorant and listen to what is being said. Enough of this back talk and dishonesty it has gone on way too much, respect everything and remain happy at least we have one another, right? So just be positive and happy, and remember all the good times and the bad, remember what the game was and remember how it was built. Snaildom will be a great game that everyone can play it will be totally different than OldCP but kinda similar meaning you can talk,play, and have fun. I believe we all need a wake up call and perhaps OldCP shutting down will be the call.

~DSGHQ Staff, Sadie~

+1 by Kara and tennis
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

#lonerclub
1,014 posts
Seen 13th November 2015
25th August 2014, 01:23 AM

Even if OldCP is shut down,at lest we have Snaildom
We would rather want Damen be a free man rather then be thrown into jail.

My name is Choc. Just a person who likes Minecraft and MLG parodies.
I wish to become an animator one day.

13/12/15

always rekt the loominaty, even bill cipher. he's the main one.

Rookie
63 posts
Seen 2nd January 2015
25th August 2014, 06:12 AM

We should not be angry at Damen. We should be thanking him for all the things he has tried for Oldcp to stay from shutting down. And plus we have Snaildom coming up :D

Don't be a hater!
Always believe in yourself!
Don't be a bully!
Be weird!
Always be yourself!
Never try to impress someone!
Don't let people boss you around!
If people don't like you ignore them if they bully you!
Try your hardest to be your best!

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th August 2014, 07:51 AM

All great things have an ending.

+1 by tennis

Kara
Administrator

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
25th August 2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
All great things have an ending.
But friendships are forever... :)

+1 by Kara

Rookie
3,203 posts
Seen 20th February 2020
25th August 2014, 10:19 AM

I honestly don't think Disney have any right to sue Damen for OldCP at all.

1. He used Rsnail's files to make OldCP. (Not Disney's files).
2. He hasn't used Club Penguin's name, he used "OldCP".
3. He hasn't copied any Website designs.

I don't think Disney has any power at all over OldCP, or shouldn't have.

+1 by Kara

The Great
Master
3,983 posts
Seen 10th September 2020
25th August 2014, 10:29 AM

We all wish they did not, but they do. RSnail sold Club Penguin to Disney... including his version of the game.

+1 by Kara

Rookie
3,203 posts
Seen 20th February 2020
25th August 2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
We all wish they did not, but they do. RSnail sold Club Penguin to Disney... including his version of the game.

But the files he used to own are no longer used in Disney's Club Penguin, and are no use to them, unless they want to sell the old Club Penguin or something.

+1 by Kara

Login or join the forums to reply.