Forums Anniversary 1 Year!

Made by Damen in Announcements

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th August 2014, 07:06 AM

Hellloooooooo

Awesome day today! The forums are 1 year old today. I remember a year ago when I released it, it looked like this:

Original Community Board

Original Discussion Page (Discussion still exists ID 1!)

Original Profile Page

Most of the elements are still the same, but there was a lot less that you could do. I was not sure if anyone would use the forums, but each day a few members joined and sometimes someone would post. But it slowly got more popular until it was being used allot! I remember looking for new things on there, I would be surprised when there was alot of new discussions. But as time went on, more updates were made and more users joined. It's you who made this place last, because if nobody had posted much, it wouldn't still be online.

Here's some interesting facts:
- These forums were originally just for OldCP and called OldCP Community, until Damen spike games hq was invented!
- Originally discussions had no categories and were shown in one list, boring right!
- Cyberwolf and Me (Damen) worked for a whole hour moving hundreds of discussions into the right categories when categories were first invented!
- There was no mood bar, to see someones mood you had to look on their profile page.
- There were no reputation ranks, just green and red.
- There was only 5 ranks: Banned, Guest, Member, Moderator, Administrator. No Master or Rookie!
- You could only create 3 things, a mood, a post and a discussion.
- There was no online list or last active option!

Cool right!
More interesting stuff to come out as you join us in our journey through to the 2nd anniversary of these forums! And thank you for joining us so far in Year 1!

Let's celebrate by making a post with the tag #damen describing your favourite things that happened on these forums in the last year!

+1 by Bp28, Varai, Teskevon, Annie and 51 others

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
30th August 2014, 07:10 AM

Oh the beautiful memories!!! This take me way back! We should do this with OldCp too!! :)

+1 by Notacoolman

Master
1,187 posts
Seen 7th November 2015
30th August 2014, 07:11 AM

Aww I wish I was there for beta I took a break from oldcp for a while like a couple months and I forgot my pass and made another account anyway happy anniversary !

Thanks Nikki

YOU FAILED

eh got this off of google

made myself

thank you to jake :3

i do give credit to jake :3

Bella ty :3

THROW THE CHEESE

Me and angi :D

Lucy thanks so much amazing :D

Master
1,694 posts
Seen 9th July 2022
30th August 2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Hellloooooooo

Awesome day today! The forums are 1 year old today. I remember a year ago when I released it, it looked like this:

Original Community Board

Original Discussion Page (Discussion still exists ID 1!)

Original Profile Page

Most of the elements are still the same, but there was a lot less that you could do.

Here's some interesting facts:

- These forums were originally just for OldCP and called OldCP Community, until Damen spike games hq was invented!

- Originally discussions had no categories and were shown in one list, boring right!

- Cyberwolf and Me (Damen) worked for a whole hour moving hundreds of discussions into the right categories when categories were first invented!

- There was no mood bar, to see someones mood you had to look on their profile page.

- There were no reputation ranks, just green and red.

- There was only 5 ranks: Banned, Guest, Member, Moderator, Administrator. No Master or Rookie!

- You could only create 3 things, a mood, a post and a discussion.

- There was no online list or last active option!

Cool right!

More interesting stuff to come out as you join us in our journey through to the 2nd anniversary of these forums! And thank you for joining us so far in Year 1!

Let's celebrate by making a post with the tag #damen describing your favourite things that happened on these forums in the last year!

WOW happy 1 year anniversary Forums :D

+1 by Notacoolman
here's an old image I have

Old User
583 posts
Seen 23rd April 2023
30th August 2014, 07:20 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH #damen #yolo #FORUMS #oldcp #damenspikegameshq im so HAPPPPPPY XD

+1 by and Notacoolman

649 posts
Seen 20th February 2016
30th August 2014, 07:42 AM

Hey Damen You Have Worked For 1 Year Now, Congrats!! #damen

+1 by Notacoolman

#lonerclub
1,014 posts
Seen 13th November 2015
30th August 2014, 07:46 AM

YAAAY!
*thews toberone at*
Great job Damen! #Damen #DSGHQ4Life!

+1 by Notacoolman

My name is Choc. Just a person who likes Minecraft and MLG parodies.
I wish to become an animator one day.

13/12/15

always rekt the loominaty, even bill cipher. he's the main one.

YES
Master
2,119 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th August 2014, 07:46 AM

Thank you so much Damen for this amazing forums, you have guided me through all of it and I thank you very much #damen

+1 by Notacoolman
learn from me

what in the godamn
833 posts
Seen 21st March 2023
30th August 2014, 07:48 AM

:D Happy anniversary fourms!!!! I love you!!! Such great memories!

Luv ya ;D,
~Maybe

+1 by Notacoolman

Hi I'm Maybe. I swim a lot. Then I eat a lot. then I sleep. then repeat.

Picture time :D!

http://prntscr.com/4hy28i

http://prntscr.com/4hy23o [url=ht[im

Thank you so much Macyyy!

Thank ye Macyy!! Again! XD

[img[http://damenspike.com/meme/memes/6y7dd2n.png[/img]
I love swimming

Thank you,
~Maybetta~

Master
5,463 posts
Seen 11th January 2023
30th August 2014, 08:07 AM

I loved the old style, but the new one is even better, you guys did a good job! #Damen #Toblerone #Sweg #Yolo

+1 by Mark and Notacoolman

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th August 2014, 08:26 AM

OMG. Has it really been a year already? Wow, that is amazing. I remember the first day it was released, everyone was so excited. It's been so great to see what this community has shaped into, thank you for always working on it and trying to make even better than what it is. Your hard work is very well appreciated and thought about every time I come on the forums. I try to not start drama, because that's like throwing dirt on your art, this is art that has been worked on for so long. Damen you've made a great empire, a family. Good luck with your future creations, and let's hope the public won't abandon this beautiful piece of art.

Kara
Administrator

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
30th August 2014, 08:28 AM

Happy birthday DSGHQ Forums!
OMG! I can't believe with the Forums complete 1 year!
=D

Lloyd

+1 by Notacoolman
Gone

Sweet memories

Master
1,175 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
30th August 2014, 08:31 AM

Oh wow. I remember joining in beta one day after the official release of the forums. My best memory on the forums was when I first wrote the official rules of the forum -- before they were replaced by Damen's rules of course. I'm okay with it.

Anyway, I am now on the same reputation level as Damen, and I have over 1000 posts! I have been a proud Master for a VERY long time, and yes, there was the good, the bad, and the ugly, but the important thing is that i'm here now to celebrate with you guys. #damen

"I've failed over and over and over all my life, and that is why I succeed."

Epic Signature by Thisismyname

Awesome signature by Courtney6

Ahoy! Me and my good friend Rockhopper!

LUCKY PICTURE!

Me and Damen, a rare sight! :D

Thanks, Cherry123!

Nice job, Bailey!

Awesome job, Gamer!

King Regent Cyberwolf of Snaildom!

Another impressive masterpiece by Gamer!

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th August 2014, 08:44 AM

I remember when I joined forums; August 30th, 2013, at 9:01 PM EST. I was a noob back then, yet by posts were so mature. :P Long live the DSGHQ! :D

Rookie
52 posts
Seen 1st November 2014
30th August 2014, 08:46 AM

Congratulation Everyone! And Damen You Must Be Happy!

+1 by Notacoolman

Login or join the forums to reply.