16th September 2013

Tutorial: Graphics

Made by Thisismyname in Cool Stuff

520 posts
Seen 28th June 2021
16th September 2013, 08:00 PM

INTRODUCTION to GRAPHICS

Hey guys, today I have decided to create an introduction tutorial to Graphical artwork. In this tutorial, I will be explaining what graphics are, the software used to create Graphics and the basic skills required.

Before I begin this tutorial, I should remind you that you should get permission from your parents [if necessary] to download any listed software.

With that said, let us begin!

Graphics are computer generated art. Graphics usually are collages of images formed together with the right skills in order to form something amazing. Art Graphics usually come in the form of Signatures or Tags. Signatures/tags are pieces of artwork, usually 400x200 that are made of many different parts, which I will be explaining later on in this tutorial. When I refer to Graphics in this tutorial, I am referring the mesh of images, NOT digital artwork [digital artwork are drawings done on computer, Graphics are not.]

Graphics take computer software to create them as well as resources, or images from the internet. Be careful when using resources as some images may be copyrighted or will need credit given to the original owner of the resources. I'll go into more detail on resources later on in this tutorial. I will also go over the software required, keep in mind that some software will require money while others will not.

Below I have a couple of examples of Graphics that I did myself:

________________________________________________________________________________

Software

There are 100's of software to use when it comes to graphics. Although some are paid and others are free, it usually comes down it personal preference. I have listed a couple of programs that are trusted by myself. Be sure that when you download any one of these programs, that you download it from the official website.

-GIMP
Gimp is a free software and is suggested for beginners or people interested in graphics. If you want to just try out graphics rather than get serious about it, this is the program for you. The official site is gimp.org. Do NOT download gimp from anywhere else!

-SUMO paint
Sumo paint is a free online software and is great for those who cannot download software to their system. Sumo paint is very similar to Gimp but has much more limitations. You can get the pro version for $19, but I suggest going with gimp. The official website is: http://www.sumopaint.com/app/

-Photoshop
Photoshop is the best brand of art software, but of course it comes at a high end price. Photoshop cs6, the professional standard is $699. The other line of photoshop programs, Photoshop Elements, are $100. If you get serious with graphics, Photoshop is the way to go as it has a wide variety of features.

________________________________________________________________________________

Because this tutorial will be MASSIVE, I will be posting more parts as the time goes on. If you wish to keep up to date on this thread, simply post a comment below and I will post updates whenever I update the post (That way you get a notification). Thank you guys for reading and I will be releasing more soon.

+1 by Liz, Concord, Damen, Chelsey and 1 other

"Everyone has heard that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know that this is not true."

156 posts
Seen 17th June 2020
16th September 2013, 08:00 PM

Good post!

Login or join the forums to reply.