OldCP Closing

Made by Chelsey in Announcements

亡霊
Master
713 posts
Seen 6th October 2020
4th October 2014, 03:02 PM

Hi,
For those of you who missed the most recent session on OldCP, here's the update on the closing of OldCP: It's not being closed.

Here's the deal. If Disney decides to shut down OldCP, they do have the ability to do so. However, we don't know when they'll even do that. All the hype about OldCP's "last hours" was pulled from the possibility of Disney shutting down OldCP.

Now, as for Damen closing OldCP, it's not going to happen. So don't worry about spending your last hours on OldCP because in reality you don't even know when those hours will be.

Just have fun on the game and celebrate the opening of Snaildom at 5PM EST/10 PM UK.

"Long live OldCP."

+1 by sarah, V, tennis, Sketcher and 30 others

sayonara
Master
1,136 posts
Seen 5th June 2022
4th October 2014, 03:05 PM

Thanks for informing us Chelsey. Thank you for all your hard work. :)

+1 by sarah

x
Master
1,070 posts
Seen 18th December 2018
4th October 2014, 03:05 PM

That's good to hear. I'm glad it's staying open. Thanks for the update Chelsey! (:
Sarah

let the melody save me astoria

85 posts
Seen 2nd November 2014
4th October 2014, 03:06 PM

Thank Goodness i Throught oldcp was gonna end But Chelsey said its Disney's discision if he/she wants to close Oldcp so dont talk about disney shutting down Oldcp it doesnt matter because its disney's disicion People are saying idsney stinks and sucks so plz stop!

+1 by sarah
Sketcher

DSGHQ Helper And snaildom Helper
DSGHQ Member
Kinda new user
Really old to Oldcp

The One and Only.
282 posts
Seen 15th June 2023
4th October 2014, 03:14 PM

This is true. You never know when oldcp will close. Besides,snaildom is coming soon!! Nice post +1

+1 by sarah

veteran
Master
1,360 posts
Seen 28th June 2020
4th October 2014, 03:15 PM

Thank goodness! I made a post because people said it was closing at least it is staying up! :D

+1 by sarah

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
4th October 2014, 03:20 PM

G'day,
First off magnificent discussion, secondly if OldCP closed I believe it wouldn't be that hard to let go of. Snaildom is coming out today, and I find it hard to believe hardly anyone cares. OldCP wasn't Damen's own creation but a re-make. So obviously Disney can easily close it down as they wish. It sickens me when users want something so bad just for themselves. Damen has worked hard many many months on OldCP and it always seems us users never thank him. Why must we complain about something so simple? Respect all the work of Damen, and honestly if OldCP closed it wouldn't be bad, because more users would turn to Snaildom. Finally us staff can't both play Snaildom and OldCP at the same time.

Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

and i was stressed out.
2,308 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
4th October 2014, 03:20 PM

Thanks I was shocked when I heard OldCP was closing

+1 by sarah
twenty one pilots is cool.

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
4th October 2014, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
4th October 2014, 03:47 PM

Thanks for expalining Chelsey!

Lloyd
News Reporter

Gone

Sweet memories

2,178 posts
Seen 30th November 2021
4th October 2014, 04:01 PM

Oops sorry Chelsey! I was making a discussion about Oldcp Closing I apologize dearly. Anyways it's glad to know that it is not closing and we can enjoy both games. But I have to ask something. Since Snaildom is a new game wouldn't that get all the attention leaving Oldcp unpopular? Or the other way around. Also we may have Staff of Snaildom who are also apart of the Forums and Oldcp staff to. Would that also be a bit difficult having to do your duties when you have school and other things in life. Anyways thank you for notifying us!

+1 by V and Skater Princess

The Great
Master
1,520 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
4th October 2014, 04:18 PM

Thanks for informing us, Chelsey.

-Jesse

1,384 posts
Seen 22nd July 2015
4th October 2014, 04:28 PM

Thank you for posting this Chelsey. Lots of people were afraid that Oldcp was going to shut down today. Just about everyone who is a forum Moderator or a staff member on Oldcp was online today from what I saw. Anyone who had a rank actually! Maybe because of the fact Snaildom is coming out and people got worried that when Snaildom comes, Oldcp will be gone. Lots of people were making thank you posts and other things like that. We should really be letting Damen decide the future in Oldcp. He created the game, and he did it for all of us. And, now that Snaildom is coming out we can be happy instead of afraid that Oldcp "was going to shut down." Trust me it will take much longer until Oldcp leaves us.
~Angi :)

Former Moderator - Master - Friendly user <3
Don't hesitate to come to me if you need anything.

xoxo
Master
2,484 posts
Seen 30th July 2023
4th October 2014, 05:04 PM

I knew it!!
Oldcp always comes back!!! :)

亡霊
Master
713 posts
Seen 6th October 2020
4th October 2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Oops sorry Chelsey! I was making a discussion about Oldcp Closing I apologize dearly. Anyways it's glad to know that it is not closing and we can enjoy both games. But I have to ask something. Since Snaildom is a new game wouldn't that get all the attention leaving Oldcp unpopular? Or the other way around. Also we may have Staff of Snaildom who are also apart of the Forums and Oldcp staff to. Would that also be a bit difficult having to do your duties when you have school and other things in life. Anyways thank you for notifying us!
Hi - Very true. I'm sure, just as the users will do, some staff members will linger on OldCP whereas others will take on the challenge of a new world. If I'm not mistaken, we once had Snailschat and OldCP up at the same time and both were still actively played/moderated. Not all OldCP moderators are Snaildom moderators and not all Snaildom moderators are OldCP moderators.

+1 by

Login or join the forums to reply.