Made by Mohamed in Introductions and Leaving

Master
1,827 posts
Seen 19th May 2023
1st November 2013, 04:49 AM

WELCOME TO OLDCP!

Welcome to OldCP, fellow penguins! I would like to introduce you to:
OLDCP!
Well, if you are not sure how to be a nice penguin, well, read how to become a moderator!

1. Becoming a moderator takes time, you have to be patient, read the rules and follow Damen and Mateo's orders.

2. Make your posts meaningful and informative, this will help you become a member and get 100 credits each 50 posts, remember, tutorial first.

3. Include a nice member title like: 'Your Friendly Nice Meaningful Friend' or 'Ask me any questions'.

4. When finishing a post, put it in a suitable category, or you might be warned from a staff member.

5. Have under at least 20 warning points, this proves you might have a chance to be a moderator!

6. Introduce yourself to other penguins, make them post something like: 'Welcome to OldCP! Have a nice stay here!'. Also, don't be a dull penguin, be fun and attractive! Compete in competitions and contests!

Here's your frequently asked questions:

FAQ
Here is a list of your frequently asked questions.

How do I edit my profile?

Click your username, click the 'Edit Profile' button and wala! You can now edit your profile.

How do I create a discussion?

To do this you have to be viewing the Community Index or a category. Beneath the category's name or Community Index's name, click Create a Discussion. Include a discussion name, some tags and a category, edit your message.You may use basic BB Code to format your message.

What is a forum?

An Internet forum is a discussion area on a website. Website members can post discussions and read and respond to posts by other forum members. A forum can be focused on nearly any subject and a sense of an online community, or virtual community, tends to develop among forum members.

This type of forum may also called a message board, discussion group, bulletin board, or web forum, but it differs from a blog, the name for a web log, as a blog is usually written by one user and usually only allows for the responses of others to the blog material. A forum usually allows all members to make posts and start new topics.

An Internet forum is also different from a chat room. Members in a chat room usually all chat or communicate at the same time, while members in a discussion group post messages to be read by others whenever they happen to log on. Forums also tend to be more topic-focused than chat rooms.

What is a moderator?

Moderators are individuals who have been assigned to moderate a category within a forum. A moderator can be assigned to one or multiple categories and their permissions range from deleting messages/topics to banning individuals from accessing the forum.

How do I be a moderator?

Being a moderator requires skills, it's not all about the fame and ranks, it's about the forum and the rules, to be a moderator, you must do the following steps below.

1. Be nice and respect each other, help each other, and don't ask for credits.

2. Transfer some credits to poor penguins, 0 credits will probably make the mods and admins think you were giving all your credits out.

3. Be active for like 5 - 6 days or weeks, this will make the staff think you are active alot.

4. Give out tips and answers to penguins, this could get you a chance to be a mod!

5. Being a trusted user increases your chance to be a mod!

6. Working on the forums can get you credits or a chance to be a trusted user!

7. Having member on the chat and being nice could get a opportunity to be a mod on the chat!

8. Don't use multiple accounts at the same time, it will decrease your chance to be a mod and might be ipbanned.

9. Don't break the rules, instead follow the rules!

10. Participate in lots of fun events, don't be dull, the staff mostly look out for penguins who can be fun and a lot active!

11. Be patient, don't just rush and force penguins to review your personality in OldCP, it is just being mean and greedy!

OPTIONAL: Include a great application!

As you can see, I'm currently trying my best to be a chat moderator and in-game moderator, try your best too!

If you're wondering why you're still so dumb, go be banned and play NewCP.

What is BB code?

BBCode or Bulletin Board Code is a lightweight markup language used to format posts in many message boards. The available tags are usually indicated by square brackets ([ ]) surrounding a keyword, and they are parsed by the message board system before being translated into a markup language that web browsers understand—usually HTML or XHTML.
BBCode was first introduced in 1998 by the messageboard software Ultimate Bulletin Board (UBB). This is why BBCode is sometimes referred to as UBBCode.

To say, each day I will add a couple of more questions.

~Pickle1020/Son of Damen/Prince of OldCP/Moderator in-forum

1,856 posts
Seen 27th July 2015
1st November 2013, 04:55 AM

What are warning points pickle? I'm confused!
But ths is a grate post my brother I'm glad your around to help penguins out!

Hey Hey Hey! Whats shakin' bacon'?

Master
1,827 posts
Seen 19th May 2023
1st November 2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
What are warning points pickle? I'm confused!

But ths is a grate post my brother I'm glad your around to help penguins out!
Bro, warning points are to warn players if they broke a rule.

Banned
1,509 posts
Seen 16th May 2015
1st November 2013, 05:59 AM

Very nice information and tips! It's nice to keep the rules updated to help other penguins, good job and well done putting your time and effort into this!

We are anonymous
We do not forgive
We do not forget
Expect us.

I like cheese
1,430 posts
Seen 19th June 2022
24th November 2013, 02:58 PM

Thanks Pickle For explaining

Declan - Quit

Login or join the forums to reply.