2nd December 2014

The Big update discussion

Made by SloppySnail in Announcements

Certified Nick Foles Fan
1,076 posts
Seen 19th April 2020
2nd December 2014, 06:47 PM

I love Sled's idea. My idea might be hard to do, but maybe a game on dinosaurs? Or maybe bears, or some type of big brave animal.

Lead us Thorin!!
R.I.P Sean K.

189 posts
Seen 26th April 2023
2nd December 2014, 06:48 PM

I've thought of maybe having a game that has an actual plot. This game could have quests similar to Snaildom, but would have a much deeper and longer story. Maybe all the quests somehow relate to each other, and each one gives you some kind of clue that unveils some kind of big secret. And of course, you could still communicate with other people online, since the DSGHQ is known for creating many, many friendships.

As for what theme the game should be, perhaps there could be some sort of time traveling mechanic that lets you explore medieval times, futuristic times, etc. The only ideas for what animal would actually be more than one animal. You could have any kinds of animals really. Dinosaurs, fish, gorillas, giraffes, and a ton more. It may seem hard to make, but if you want a game to be really good, there's going to be hard work involved.

+1 by sarah, Freddy and trixie
Sting

317 posts
Seen 29th July 2015
2nd December 2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Now for some time me and Damen have been discussing different ideas for the game. I suggested new template and he said it would be too much work for me to recreate the game we have now since we cant just transfer items from one template to other.

Since we care about this community and we wana make an exciting game we need your help.

We discussed making a brand new Snaildom. And maybe not even snails. Maybe another animal. He is a good coder and i am decent artist, and given some time we could make a great game but what interests us is that you guyz like it since you are the ones playing.

Soo i encourage all, everybody, who is registered on this forums to reply and give your thoughts and suggestions. Not only mods but also knights.

Maybe this game shouldnt be Medieval themed or should be modern. Maybe it should be fantasy. What ever it is we dont want to start a game that we will need to remake after time, and we see the load of the job that lies in front of us, but we thought the smallest we could get from community is your suggestions so PLEASE make this game better for yourself.

We also understand you want a game like club penguin. And so do i, but we cant directly copy it, and even if we do it will get boring after some time. I mean we dont have to do this guys, we can just throw OldCP out and you can enjoy it but we think this community teamwork and make your own game.
what if we made a bird game? you are a bird that lives in cloud world and there is a airport to tree jungle!

+1 by trixie

there is "pretty" or "handsome in everyone like me!

glitter text generator by GlitX.com
[/img]
glitter text generator by GlitX.com
[/img]

Remember A Helper is just like a phoenix no administrator or moderator can be "better" than everyone in the world
we are all equal in the eyes of a phoenix
aren't we like phoenix?
why cant we treat everyone equally?
could this be the reason why everyone quits
low attention
remember you can never treat an admin amazing if you don't treat yourself and others the same way
remember appreciation and love goes to everyone
more appreciation and thankfulness is what you should be with Admins And Mods
but don't treat others with no respect
before anything respect yourself
then respect those who feel helpless and lonley
then admins
then those of your friends
however respecting yourself isn't showing off
it is setting a good example for those who follow you
be a phoenix today!
every bit helps

lita made me this! thank you lita!

me in dragon mode
me in wolf mode!

1,384 posts
Seen 22nd July 2015
2nd December 2014, 07:02 PM

First of all, congratulations on becoming a staff member, SloppySnail. You have obviously proven yourself worthy for the rank being our game designer and new Forum Moderator! Splendid job.

I appreciate the thought of letting us share some of our ideas. I was trying to think of a good idea that was unique from most games and something that other users hadn't listed above.

Then, it came to me. What about the game being based off of regular humans. I know it might sound hard to do or out of the ordinary, but maybe it could work. In the beginning we could choose what they look like, (hair color, skin color etc,) and an outfit to let them wear possibly. But, this game doesn't have to be completely different from the games of the past. It could also be similar to Snaildom somewhat. (There could be shops, and the inn as well) Of course people wold be able to communicate with each other much like Oldcp and Snaildom. But, there could be quests as well. (Like Snaildom's quests) One of the highlights about it is if we do decide the game to be based on humans, it can appear as med evil times, or modern day.

I hope you enjoyed reading my idea.

+1 by trixie

Former Moderator - Master - Friendly user <3
Don't hesitate to come to me if you need anything.

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
2nd December 2014, 07:18 PM

Welcome to the DSGHQ forums Staff!

Lloyd

Gone

Sweet memories

Master
745 posts
Seen 29th August 2020
2nd December 2014, 07:24 PM

To begin with my comment, I would enjoy congratulating you on becoming a staff member, as I can see you must be very trustworthy towards others to have become a Moderator this early. So well done on that task, and I wish you the best of luck with your journey in the HQ. -- Now let us begin with a few of my thoughts.

First of all, perhaps you could have a variety of characters to choose from in the next project. Including several of the creatures that players would enjoy seeing such as seals, tigers, lions, or sheep. Possibly along with zoo or farm themed locations. Each character could include their own unique movements, and items specifically fit for your own role. Though it does seem a bit complicated to animate, I believe it would be able to work nicely, if and only if it is designed properly.

My suggestion for an online game structure would likely have RP positions, where users can select what they wish to pose as. Yet something more easier to program would be a one character based game if you were able to find an individual animal which is most popular with those who would fully play the virtual world.

I do not have much more detail to support my recommendations, however I think that with a little work, many of the ideas above could be combined into an excellent place for users to play on daily.

+1 by lylance, -1 by Freddy

Master
1,167 posts
Seen 10th February 2021
2nd December 2014, 07:28 PM

I'm also a pretty good artist.

Anyway, I think the new game could be, maybe about penguins and snails combined. Or maybe even humans. Oh and also -- what ever happened to that Zingy game?

veteran
Master
3,733 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd December 2014, 07:29 PM

Slooysnail, my idea is that we ca have Catdom/Dogdom they can be pretty cool i guess, because Dogs and Cats lookcool in some things.

392 posts
Seen 20th September 2015
2nd December 2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Hmm... For girls ponies for boys dragons
Not all girls are girly girls, so it kinda hurt me

But my idea would be like elements like air creatures, land and water creatures. You can pic any of them and have like a special ability (only to the trusted users).

Don't let anyone bring you down ;)

2,325 posts
Seen 2nd November 2015
2nd December 2014, 07:41 PM

Hello!
Nice to meet you, Sloppy, and welcome to the Team.
I think a game like an RPG would be cool, like Sofie said. With a plot base. :)

1,546 posts
Seen 31st May 2020
2nd December 2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I think the next game could maybe be with creatures underwater? It would be super cool to have a game with designs underwater Such as Fish, Dolphins, Seahorses, ect.

~Dancebear

Too girly
True dat.

x
Master
1,070 posts
Seen 18th December 2018
2nd December 2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I've thought of maybe having a game that has an actual plot. This game could have quests similar to Snaildom, but would have a much deeper and longer story. Maybe all the quests somehow relate to each other, and each one gives you some kind of clue that unveils some kind of big secret. And of course, you could still communicate with other people online, since the DSGHQ is known for creating many, many friendships.

As for what theme the game should be, perhaps there could be some sort of time traveling mechanic that lets you explore medieval times, futuristic times, etc. The only ideas for what animal would actually be more than one animal. You could have any kinds of animals really. Dinosaurs, fish, gorillas, giraffes, and a ton more. It may seem hard to make, but if you want a game to be really good, there's going to be hard work involved.
I agree, it'd be cool to have a deeper plot and more of a point.

let the melody save me astoria

x
Master
1,070 posts
Seen 18th December 2018
2nd December 2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:

I agree, it'd be cool to have a deeper plot
edit- ahh sorry for double posting!

let the melody save me astoria

Veteran
Master
3,713 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd December 2014, 08:40 PM

Nice, what about Tigers(good)? I like Tigers, only good Tigers. :P

+1 by Bp28 and Boy

Michigan J Frog
406 posts
Seen 7th August 2023
2nd December 2014, 08:49 PM

Hey Sloppysnail! So for my idea I think the new game should be about aliens or people in space. We could explore planets and you could meet new friends on the planets. Servers would be galaxies and you could visit planets on the servers. You could make a base, or conquer a planet. How about you could choose your side! You can choose the Empire or Rebels. Some of the quests would be to take back land and take other people's land. Gather your army up and get ready for a fight. You could probably add much more to it but I just gave like basic ideas.

My next idea for a game is like a pirate era. You can gather your own crew or join a crew as a pirate. Or maybe you can become a bounty hunter that would hunt the pirates for money. So pirates would have bounties. If you were to pick a pirate you can choose your weapon and how you fight and customize yourself. You can destroy NPC pirate crews and maybe you can destroy actual player's crews. You would also be able to get a ship and upgrade it and buy new things to it. If you were on a pirate crew you could be a shipwright, cook, swordsman, navigator, doctor, and I won't know the rest.

Hope you check out my ideas!

+1 by sarah

Login or join the forums to reply.