19th March 2015

How to Have a Better Password

Made by PenguinDSC in Help and Support

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
19th March 2015, 02:03 PM

Today, I will be giving tips on how I think you can make a better password. Suggestion: I think that we should be able to change our own passwords. Why? Because I think it would be a nice idea in-case we wanted to make a stronger one. If you forgot a password, that is different. I mean changing a password on your OWN account in edit settings of profile. Anyways, that isn't the point, I am showing you how to make a better password.

I will show you a basic password into a STRONG password.

The one I am using is Panda.

Tip One: Always Include a Capital Letter.

Using Capital letters is a great way to make a better password, because no one knows really if there are many possibilities.

New Password: PaNDa

Tip Two: Add something that you love before or after your basic password.

It makes it more secure, and you have fun with it. It can also be a descriptive adjectives or something that describes you.

New Password: PaNDaLuVEr

Do you see the pattern in the letters with the capitalized words? I put it in a pattern so it is easier for YOU to remember.

Tip Three: Added Numbers and Symbols

If you add numbers and symbols to add or REPLACE some of the letters, you are smart because it prevents hackers even more. By replacing, use common symbols or numbers to replace letters.

New Password: P@NDaLuV3r59

Tip Four: Make sure your password is longer than 9 characters.

A goal of 8 characters, or a combination of letters ad name, should be a strong password, because a Short one is too easy. The One above is just fine though.

Examples of BAD Passwords:

Here are some things you should not do for a password OR even a Pin:

Bad Pins: 1234, 0000, any combination of 4 numbers next to each other (3456), or even a personal thing like your first three letters of your name and last name for 4th letter. Some of these are just too easy to guess, like a birthdate. Example of birthdate: 2001

Good Pins: I would actually suggest using a passcode instead, because it is much safer that way. A Good passcode example would be R3dP3ngu!n09, or $tr3$SfulM0n$ter

Those pins were quite complicated, but if you can remember them, then you are good.

Bad Passwords: Examples are one word objects you like or just your username or password. Bad Examples can be lowercase, and just not hard to figure out. Example are penguindsc, tree, puppies, etc.

Good passwords were explained in Good Pins.

I hope you enjoyed! I think that changing our own passwords would be easier, so I hope you agree and use these tips!

+1 by Sophie, Sparkles12, Archie , 1Alice1 and 29 others

The Great
Master
3,983 posts
Seen 10th September 2020
19th March 2015, 02:07 PM

Want to check if your password is secure? Check it in on https://howsecureismypassword.net
If you need your OldCP password changed message Cyberwolf or Damen. If you need your forum password changed message Damen, Cyberwolf or I.

+1 by Sophie, Maybe, Bailey and tehz

heyhey
Master
1,248 posts
Seen 27th June 2022
19th March 2015, 02:08 PM

*guiltily looks away bc my phone password is 0000* Good post though man +1

+1 by dounia
Beautiful signatures made by the amazing Tasha v

This one's made by the incredible Sparklz

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
19th March 2015, 02:21 PM

Well said. Here's a useful site that generates you a really strong password: https://strongpasswordgenerator.com

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

♪ ♫ ♪
Master
2,958 posts
Seen 30th December 2020
19th March 2015, 02:23 PM

Archie wrote on 19th March 2015 02:21 PM:
Well said. Here's a useful site that generates you a really strong password: https://strongpasswordgenerator.com

I agree, that is a good site, although you would have to pm it or email it to yourself to remember it, because I think that you can hardly remember something that complicated. But yes, I agree that it can help, you'd just need to remember it somehow.

+1 by Archie , Bailey and tehz

Rookie
16 posts
Seen 21st January 2016
19th March 2015, 02:25 PM

thanks this really helped a lot :)

+1 by daisy and tehz
i will light your way celebrates

Prince
Master
2,721 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
19th March 2015, 03:04 PM

PenguinDSC wrote on 19th March 2015 02:23 PM:
Archie said on 19th March 2015 02:21 PM:

I agree, that is a good site, although you would have to pm it or email it to yourself to remember it, because I think that you can hardly remember something that complicated. But yes, I agree that it can help, you'd just need to remember it somehow.

There are options to choose how long you want it, it doesn't need to be that long.

Some friends
Raindrop, Tennis, Abu, Sadie, Toby, Chelsey, Hashir, Kara, Damen, Bailey
I am that prince which you probably know from the DSGHQ! I'm obsessed with Jaffa Cakes and Stags!

374 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
19th March 2015, 03:11 PM

Great post, I learnt a lot from this. Lets hope people follow this amazing guide to stop unknown users getting into other peoples accounts. :)

+1 by tehz
Name: MrSam
Favourite Food: Pasta & Pizza
Favourite Drink: Anything
Hobbies: Playing This Game :)

I Love OldCp :D

Now 12, Sorry!

Just a fnaf lover!! :)
1,663 posts
Seen 6th March 2016
19th March 2015, 04:35 PM

Tennis wrote on 19th March 2015 02:07 PM:
Want to check if your password is secure? Check it in on https://howsecureismypassword.net
If you need your OldCP password changed message Cyberwolf or Damen. If you need your forum password changed message Damen, Cyberwolf or I.
It said It would take a desktop PC about 106 trillion years to crack your password! XD

+1 by PenguinDSC and tehz
NAHH- Oh wait enjoy this Edited Animation I made and a Lag Seizure if you have a bad computer like me!:

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
19th March 2015, 05:18 PM

Tennis wrote on 19th March 2015 02:07 PM:
Is my password secure enough Tennis???

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
19th March 2015, 05:51 PM

PenguinDSC wrote on 19th March 2015 02:03 PM:
Today, I will be giving tips on how I think you can make a better password. Suggestion: I think that we should be able to change our own passwords. Why? Because I think it would be a nice idea in-case we wanted to make a stronger one. If you forgot a password, that is different. I mean changing a password on your OWN account in edit settings of profile. Anyways, that isn't the point, I am showing you how to make a better password.

I will show you a basic password into a STRONG password.

The one I am using is Panda.

Tip One: Always Include a Capital Letter.

Using Capital letters is a great way to make a better password, because no one knows really if there are many possibilities.

New Password: PaNDa

Tip Two: Add something that you love before or after your basic password.

It makes it more secure, and you have fun with it. It can also be a descriptive adjectives or something that describes you.

New Password: PaNDaLuVEr

Do you see the pattern in the letters with the capitalized words? I put it in a pattern so it is easier for YOU to remember.

Tip Three: Added Numbers and Symbols

If you add numbers and symbols to add or REPLACE some of the letters, you are smart because it prevents hackers even more. By replacing, use common symbols or numbers to replace letters.

New Password: P@NDaLuV3r59

Tip Four: Make sure your password is longer than 9 characters.

A goal of 8 characters, or a combination of letters ad name, should be a strong password, because a Short one is too easy. The One above is just fine though.

Examples of BAD Passwords:

Here are some things you should not do for a password OR even a Pin:

Bad Pins: 1234, 0000, any combination of 4 numbers next to each other (3456), or even a personal thing like your first three letters of your name and last name for 4th letter. Some of these are just too easy to guess, like a birthdate. Example of birthdate: 2001

Good Pins: I would actually suggest using a passcode instead, because it is much safer that way. A Good passcode example would be R3dP3ngu!n09, or $tr3$SfulM0n$ter

Those pins were quite complicated, but if you can remember them, then you are good.

Bad Passwords: Examples are one word objects you like or just your username or password. Bad Examples can be lowercase, and just not hard to figure out. Example are penguindsc, tree, puppies, etc.

Good passwords were explained in Good Pins.

I hope you enjoyed! I think that changing our own passwords would be easier, so I hope you agree and use these tips!

Ya, good tips.

+1 by tehz
Gone

Sweet memories

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
19th March 2015, 06:09 PM

This post inspired me to make a stronger, more secure password. Thanks, DSC. Now my password is less likely to be figured out easily. :)

do you feel like a young god
2,287 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
19th March 2015, 07:03 PM

Thank you so much. But I know my password Is SO EASY

- Former OldCP Moderator - Former Drejk DSGHQ Moderator - Former Forum Master - Former XAT Member - Current Forum Moderator - Kacket House Guard -

Everythings not lost
Master
1,280 posts
Seen 12th March 2020
19th March 2015, 09:18 PM

Great post. It's important to have a good password so that no one can get into your account. Always keep passwords to yourself.

+1 by Bailey and tehz

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities.

Annie the werido :3
412 posts
Seen 12th March 2016
19th March 2015, 09:26 PM

thanks for the tips but I already have a secure password :3

Login or join the forums to reply.