30th April 2015
1 view

About Plagiarism & Badges

Made by CPManiac in Feedback

Master
1,027 posts
Seen 6th September 2020
30th April 2015, 01:10 PM

Hey there! Today, I would like to talk about something I have seen before and have seen a lot just recently. I want to talk about Plagiarism, but more importantly Plagiarism to earn badges. Remember, I'm not talking about anyone in general.

Okay, so this used to be a huge thing back then. There would be people making multiple files, and just spamming posts to get more gold. Obviously, this problem has been resolved, but I would like to talk about something else right now. So you know there are 4 main badges you can earn by making a post: Minecraft badge, Coldplayer badge, Ringbearer badge, and Singer of Ice and Fire badge. To get these badges + 10 gold each, there is a certain name in which you have to use for the Discussion name to get the badge. People do this, and then find information on Wikipedia or another website.

My problem with this is that you are not allowed to plagiarize. This is actually illegal, meaning if it was a very vital piece of information and you stole it from like a book and quoted it yourself, you could get arrested. None of us will get arrested obviously, but there are consequences for those who do plagiarize. Plagiarizing is a shameful thing to do around this community, and it shall not be excepted.

But for the most part, I'm talking about plagiarizing for badges. They find a source on Wikipedia or on the internet, use that source (not everyone), and then create the discussion. This allows them to easily get 10 gold, a badge, and basically no work necessary. For those of you who do this and know it's wrong, I suggest you stop before getting in real trouble. For those of you that do this and DON'T realize this is a bad thing, I also inform you to stop. As I've said multiple times, plagiarizing will not be taken lightly.

Thank you for reading, I would just like to get the topic out there to make sure people know not to do this. If you would like the badges, please earn them by maybe researching the topic or finding information online. Make sure to use your own words, you wouldn't want to plagiarize. Bye now!

+1 by greeny, Mercer, Billy, Augustine and 18 others

high thoughts
451 posts
Seen 4th September 2021
30th April 2015, 02:52 PM

Awesome post Harp :3

+1 by CPManiac and lulu2
#thuglyfe

Everythings not lost
Master
1,280 posts
Seen 12th March 2020
30th April 2015, 03:04 PM

Amazing post, Maniac. Your posts are always so informative, and helpful. +1

+1 by CPManiac and lulu2

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities.

The POTM Legend
Master
917 posts
Seen 6th July 2022
30th April 2015, 03:11 PM

Fantastic post, I myself have seen this as well, I see many posts that look alike and I find that same article on Wiki. This post is completely true and should be taken into full affect.

+1 by CPManiac and George
McKinlee Ren
Wiki:Mckinlee

Queen Regent of Snaildom
Master
1,826 posts
Seen 15th August 2023
30th April 2015, 03:18 PM

CPManiac wrote on 30th April 2015 01:10 PM:
Hey there! Today, I would like to talk about something I have seen before and have seen a lot just recently. I want to talk about Plagiarism, but more importantly Plagiarism to earn badges. Remember, I'm not talking about anyone in general.

Okay, so this used to be a huge thing back then. There would be people making multiple files, and just spamming posts to get more gold. Obviously, this problem has been resolved, but I would like to talk about something else right now. So you know there are 4 main badges you can earn by making a post: Minecraft badge, Coldplayer badge, Ringbearer badge, and Singer of Ice and Fire badge. To get these badges + 10 gold each, there is a certain name in which you have to use for the Discussion name to get the badge. People do this, and then find information on Wikipedia or another website.

My problem with this is that you are not allowed to plagiarize. This is actually illegal, meaning if it was a very vital piece of information and you stole it from like a book and quoted it yourself, you could get arrested. None of us will get arrested obviously, but there are consequences for those who do plagiarize. Plagiarizing is a shameful thing to do around this community, and it shall not be excepted.

But for the most part, I'm talking about plagiarizing for badges. They find a source on Wikipedia or on the internet, use that source (not everyone), and then create the discussion. This allows them to easily get 10 gold, a badge, and basically no work necessary. For those of you who do this and know it's wrong, I suggest you stop before getting in real trouble. For those of you that do this and DON'T realize this is a bad thing, I also inform you to stop. As I've said multiple times, plagiarizing will not be taken lightly.

Thank you for reading, I would just like to get the topic out there to make sure people know not to do this. If you would like the badges, please earn them by maybe researching the topic or finding information online. Make sure to use your own words, you wouldn't want to plagiarize. Bye now!
Maniac is right guys , yknow.

<3

night cruising
Master
2,329 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th April 2015, 04:11 PM

I agree, and it is wrong. Plagiarizing is such a shame. I advise all of you to not do it in the future, or you will most likely have consequinces.

Your posts are amazing, Maniac. +1 for you. :)

+1 by CPManiac

Just a fnaf lover!! :)
1,663 posts
Seen 6th March 2016
30th April 2015, 04:20 PM

Yes, but you can make it into your own words! I play minecraft so I don't need to. ;3 Wait! I don't have the minecraft badge! Better make my own post about it! Anyways Yes this is very true! :D

NAHH- Oh wait enjoy this Edited Animation I made and a Lag Seizure if you have a bad computer like me!:

Ravenclaw
364 posts
Seen 28th February 2016
30th April 2015, 05:59 PM

I really agree with this. I have not seen this, but maybe I have and just not known. But plajurisum is bad!

"You can take your words and all your lies"
~Really Don't Care- Demi Lovato

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
30th April 2015, 07:23 PM

CPManiac wrote on 30th April 2015 01:10 PM:

You got another award.

Gone

Sweet memories

hot eyebrows
Master
1,101 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
30th April 2015, 08:43 PM

Love the post. Many people on here have plagiarized I see this quote I saw on google that someone used. If you're going to say a quote at least put the source down or say you did not make the quote. It is illegal and you can get charged for it. So please put the source down with where you got the quote or something from. You can get in a lot of trouble.

Foot

Login or join the forums to reply.