Tips on Winning the Game of Mods

Made by Damen in Help and Support

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th September 2015, 06:19 PM

Game of Mods Tips - Winning the Competition

Over the years we've had many Game of Mods and many winners with them. None were easy, so here's a guide written by me, the person who knows everything about a Game of Mods!

Pick a Good Team
When I say a 'good' team, it really depends on what kind of teams are playing. If you pick a smaller team it's easier to be noticed, but at the same time, it risks getting a poor report if the smaller teams aren't as experienced as the bigger ones.

Listen to your team leader
If you're not the team leader, listening to your team leader will play a vital role in making your team win tasks. If your team wins tasks frequently, your team will be noticed more than others. When this happens, start focusing on being the BEST one out of your team. This is the perfect way to get the best report from the judges and go on to become the winning finalist.

If you're a team leader
If you are a team leader, you are automatically going to be noticed. This makes it a lot harder to get away with any mistakes you and your team makes. If your team fails and eventually gets removed from the competition you will be removed with it, but your team members will go on. So it's very important to make sure your team knows you and believes in you and that you pick the right team mates.

Don't hold back
Don't hold back from doing your best. Don't think that any ideas or solutions you have aren't good enough to be mentioned. Your input is important but make sure your input is relevant to the team objective. And don't be too outgoing: for example, don't keep talking instead of listening to your team leader. Don't plan out the whole journey before your team leader has even decided the first step

Be to the point
It's very very important how you conduct yourself when presenting your work to the judges in the office. If you take a long time to explain your creation and/or use poor grammar, then you're immediately a lost cause to the judges and me before you even get a chance to finish the competition.

Applications
If you make it to the finalist interview, plan it before hand. Remember the time limit is 2 minutes and keep it short and UNIQUE.

Final Task
The long 30 minute Pizza Parlor task is really hard if you're a finalist. The key to doing the best during that task is to do your assigned job in the Parlor and be noticed whilst doing it. When the pop ups start coming, do not rush to the mentioned location if it's not your job. E.g. the head of deliveries rushing to clean up a spillage when there's waiters isn't a good look.

DO NOT
- If you are running out of time and you have to leave during the final and you are a finalist, try everything you can to stay! If you leave at any point during Task 7 you won't get anything for your work during the 3 days.

- Don't don't don't don't ever ask for my attention during the competition if you aren't asked to. Asking for my attention whilst I'm trying to run the office to simply ask a question or notify me of something will write you off as a lost cause as well.

Inspire
Find a previous winner and ask them what helped them win the competition.

Summary. How to win in 2 words: Stand out

If you read these points you're more likely to be in blue on Sunday evening.

+1 by Hashir, Bailey, Augustine, Kara and 33 others

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th September 2015, 06:21 PM

Yes good tips, they are similar to what I use to form Crime Solvers. I have Bailey and Bakon, both winners of the Game of Mods. I also have experienced users and cooperative people B).

#Crimesolvers

+1 by Bailey, George, Queenblue, Mists and 3 others
"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

New User!
19 posts
Seen 16th February 2021
29th September 2015, 06:22 PM

Awesome. I will use these tips to help me win!

+1 by skits and Sam

543 posts
Seen 17th January 2019
29th September 2015, 06:25 PM

Nice Guide!I will sure do these things while I'm competing! 1+

~Mal

Adventure Awaits....

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
29th September 2015, 06:27 PM

Good post! I want to win this competition, thanks for the tips!

Gone

Sweet memories

Still Mink
1,163 posts
Seen 15th August 2023
29th September 2015, 06:32 PM

Great tips Damen! These should really help other users in other teams.

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th September 2015, 06:39 PM

As a former winner of a past Game of Mods Competition, I approve of this post because I used someone of these techniques to make my way up to success in the competition. Another two words to winning: Have fun. :)

+1 by George

44 posts
Seen 21st January 2016
29th September 2015, 07:09 PM

Fantastic tutorial you have here.

To be honest if you log in everyday and do your best and cooperate with your team you already win.

Sincerely,
-Sadie

+1 by daisy
"They call me wise, I call myself unique."
Sadie

Calico Rose
Master
1,683 posts
Seen 31st July 2022
29th September 2015, 07:13 PM

Great tips
I'll try to use this to my fullest advantage

+1 by George

373 posts
Seen 6th October 2015
29th September 2015, 07:17 PM

Nice tips Damen. I hope this helped many users!

+1 by George
~Be the Soccerball and mark your goal

Vampire Knight Is Awesome!
1,334 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
29th September 2015, 08:48 PM

This is a very useful post for users competing in the mod comp! Very nice! :)

Vampire Knight is amazing!

do you feel like a young god
2,287 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
29th September 2015, 09:10 PM

good luck to everyone. and remember there is more comps if you don't win, (well at least i think there is.)

- Former OldCP Moderator - Former Drejk DSGHQ Moderator - Former Forum Master - Former XAT Member - Current Forum Moderator - Kacket House Guard -

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
30th September 2015, 05:06 PM

*previous winner*
Just shoot me a PM for help ;)

337 posts
Seen 6th July 2023
1st October 2015, 03:35 PM

This will be super fun and fantastic. I can't wait for it :D. Thank you for the tips. Also, don't be super duper confident, just to be sure, you have to be a tiny bit worried incase things dont go as planned. But, try to stay confident and be positive! We all have hope in our hearts to win, but to also congratulate others and show some empathy. :)

-Arona <3

Login or join the forums to reply.