Fragrance Free Fashion [School Project]

Made by oh in Inventions

total trash
Master
3,372 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
8th November 2015, 06:41 PM

Greetings,

today I am sharing an invention I created. This presentation is for a Science project. [Instructions] You are a chemist. You were hired by a company to create an invention that will solve a problem in society [example: gum stuck in hair]. Explain your invention [as if the company you are presenting to knows nothing about atoms]. Do not worry about health issues. Please note: I copied and pasted this from my slideshow due to the amount of writing. Please reply with any feedback you may have.

Fragrance Free Fashion Jumpsuit is a jumpsuit designed to eliminate natural foul odors produced by bodies. The jumpsuit has pockets woven in the interior that contain sodium bicarbonate, which is additionally called baking soda. Due to the fact that sodium bicarbonate is proved to be a successful deodorizer, Fragrance Free Fashion has created the perfect suit using sodium bicarbonate in order prevent natural body-producing odors.

The chemical formula for our product is
NaCHO3 + C6H10O5 --> NaC7H11O8
Sodium bicarbonate + cotton wool --> Cotton wool & baking soda inside pouches
Sodium bicarbonate = baking soda
specially designed closed pockets --> [image on slide, unable to show here]
jumpsuit design --> [image on slide, unable to show here]

NaCHO3 + C6H10O5 --> NaC7H11O8
A solid + a solid --> A solid

The properties of the reactants and the properties of the product differ in various ways. Firstly, when the baking soda combines with the cotton wool, the cotton wool freshens the baking soda. Additionally, the product’s interior of the cotton wool suit can absorb sweat, while without the baking soda, would be unable to efficiently absorb sweat. In the product, it is harder for bacteria to grow.

Characteristic Properties Of Cotton Wool-Benefits

Chemical Properties
-Will not dissolve in water or heat-weather proof!
-Solid-will not change into a gas or a liquid!
Physical Properties
-Smooth-itch free!
-Thick-sodium bicarbonate will not leak through pouches!
-Flexible-easy to move in!

Characteristic Properties Of Sodium Bicarbonate-Benefits

Chemical Properties
-Sodium bicarbonate is a natural deodorizer-no more stink!
-It does not dissolve in the heat- weatherproof!
-Due to its deodorizing effect, no need to wash it.

Physical Properties
-A solid- unable to dampen the cloth
-Smooth-itch free!

What role will heat or transfer of energy play in in the production of our synthetic material?

Due to the fact that the product’s interior of the cotton wool suit can absorb sweat, the suit will not get overheated, and therefore the sodium bicarbonate will maintain a general temperature and will continue being a solid. Due to the baking soda having a deodorizing effect, washing our product is unnecessary.

Fragrance Free Fashion-Benefits Of Society

-Eliminates natural foul odors produced by bodies
-Bad smells irritate your nose-our product soothes the nose
-Positive smells boost positive performance-deodorizer is one of those scents!

Vampire Knight Is Awesome!
1,334 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
8th November 2015, 07:02 PM

That seems like a great, creative, and useful idea! :) I like it! :)

Vampire Knight is amazing!

Login or join the forums to reply.