24th January 2016

Sharing Passwords

Made by Kara in Announcements

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th January 2016, 03:40 PM

Hello. Today it has come to my attention that some users think it is okay to share passwords with their friends.

It is not. Passwords should be kept to only you and the administrators.

Sharing your password could lead to your account being banned. If a user has gone on your account, after you have let them, and they do something bad, it will get you in trouble, as well as them.

This goes to all with ranks, especially PW, so please do not share passwords with each other. It is a safety threat to us, to your information, and the eligibility of you ranking up goes down.

If you have shared a password with another user, and you have their password, make a ticket. Your passwords will be changed. You can go here to make a ticket. http://damenspike.com/newticket/

Please remember that it is a rule to not share passwords with others, and if you do so, you will possibly face punishment. It is not our responsibility to restore the things lost on your account if you give the password to the wrong person.

Thank you,
- Kara

+1 by Rey Ren, George, Lloyd, Kris and 39 others

Kara
Administrator

Brisk
251 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 03:41 PM

Indeed, I have witnessed this myself. This is something worthy of bringing to users attention. I have seen it happen with a guy named Jake11. He sent it to some girl over pm.

Star Wars For Life

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
24th January 2016, 03:41 PM

Indeed, passwords are very important, thanks for the information.

+1 by Rey Ren, George, Queenblue, frozo and 1 other
Gone

Sweet memories

Brisk
251 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 03:42 PM

Indeed, I have witnessed this myself. This is something worthy of bringing to users attention.

Star Wars For Life

768 posts
Seen 11th September 2022
24th January 2016, 03:43 PM

Kara Kacket wrote on 24th January 2016 03:40 PM:
Hello. Today it has come to my attention that some users think it is okay to share passwords with their friends.

Sharing your password could lead to your account being banned. If a user has gone on your account, after you have let them, and they do something bad, it will get you in trouble, as well as them.

This goes to all with ranks, especially PW, so please do not share passwords with each other. It is a safety threat to us, to your information, and the eligibility of you ranking up goes down.

If you have shared a password with another user, and you have their password, make a ticket. Your passwords will be changed. You can go here to make a ticket. http://damenspike.com/newticket/

Please remember that it is a rule to not share passwords with others, and if you do so, you will possibly face punishment. It is not our responsibility to restore the things lost on your account if you give the password to the wrong person.

Thank you,
- Kara

Thank you for reminding the community of this. I have been noticing this has been a recent issue, as well. Nice post! +1!

Jokester
243 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 03:44 PM

This is true Kara I have seen a suitation like this before

positions
Banned
679 posts
Seen 10th October 2022
24th January 2016, 03:45 PM

Why would people share their password to anybody in the first place.e

+1 by Rey Ren, Ultimate Math, Ganji, Carly and 1 other, -1 by frozo

Neck massages are key.
1,375 posts
Seen 13th March 2016
24th January 2016, 03:46 PM

Nice thread. Are we able to have a new ability of changing our passwords ourselves like on the other layout? It would be easier and likely more comforting for a number of users.

+1 by Rey Ren, frozo, Cristal and Ganji

i’m rigby, shut up
348 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th January 2016, 03:46 PM

Kara Kacket wrote on 24th January 2016 03:40 PM:

Thank you,
- Kara
Also I suggest not saving your password on Computers in the community (e.g Library, town Computers)

+1 by Rey Ren, Queenblue and Mal31
rigby
professional slay

Banned
882 posts
Seen 10th April 2021
24th January 2016, 03:48 PM

I really agree with this on newcp I told evreyone my password and my friends went on an item adder and got a bunch of rare items and my account ive used for 3 years was gone

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th January 2016, 03:48 PM

TheAce wrote on 24th January 2016 03:46 PM:
Nice thread. Are we able to have a new ability of changing our passwords ourselves like on the other layout? It would be easier and likely more comfortable for a number of users.

I believe it would be easier, make a suggestion that Damen could look at. I'd gladly send him the link to it.

+1 by frozo, and Mists

Kara
Administrator

night cruising
Master
2,329 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th January 2016, 03:49 PM

I've never shared my passwords with anyone but the Administrators, and I don't think I want to share my password anyway. It's a bad idea and could result in getting your account banned. Nice post, Kara.

do you feel like a young god
2,287 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th January 2016, 03:50 PM

Hey, I agree, I've seen this a whole lot, too, it's very dangerous and you should ALWAYS keep your password to yourself.

- Former OldCP Moderator - Former Drejk DSGHQ Moderator - Former Forum Master - Former XAT Member - Current Forum Moderator - Kacket House Guard -

your uber driver
Master
1,538 posts
Seen 31st May 2023
24th January 2016, 03:52 PM

its more of your own business if you share your password with someone.

your account is a part of the dsghq that is owned by you, and you should be allowed to do what you want with it. you should be allowed to make the decision, and if you make the wrong decision then its your own fault.

so long, goodbye, and good luck.

Kacket
343 posts
Seen 8th March 2022
24th January 2016, 03:52 PM

What if an Administrator is my friend? :P

Login or join the forums to reply.