Troubleshooting Minecraft (PC)

Made by Hashir in Minecraft

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd February 2016, 08:03 PM

Hello,

I thought I'd make this discussion since I hadn't made a discussion in quite a while. I am going to answer some FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) in order to improve your minecraft experience on the Damencraft Server!

1) I'm getting the "This domain is not registered to this IP address. Please try to access the site later or click here to refresh the page." message. Why is this?

"mc.dsghq.com" is not a website. It is the IP Address to the server. The IP Address is only entered here, or using direct connect:

2) After a server restart, I get the "Connection Throttled" error code when trying to connect to Damencraft. What do I do?

Wait for a few seconds. The server is still in process of restarting if you get this message. After a few seconds, press refresh and try again!

3) I need help from an Operator. What's my best solution to contact them?

A command of ours provides you the ability to send a message that will only be sent to Operators. This is called /helpop {message}. It is your best chance at getting their attention!

4) The server won't connect but my friends are online. What should I do?

This doesn't happen often, but when it does, just use the alternate IP Address: dsghq.mcph.co (NOTE: This is not recommended for normal use)

5) What are Server Resource packs and should I have it enabled?

Damencraft has a special resource pack to improve the block texture, so you may enable it if you want that improvisation.

6) Everything is frozen and my messages aren't sending. What's going on?

Lag. Just wait a few seconds and it'll respond. To check if you're lagging, do /ping.

7) It says I am not Whitelisted. What do I do?

Mail Hashir, Kris, or Bob. We will help you!

8) I am getting Low frame rates and am lagging terribly. Why?

If you don't already have Optifine, then get it. It gives a significant FPS increase. It made me play manageably on my Windows 8. If you already have it, you will need to fiddle with the Video settings. Even one setting will make your computer lag more than it needs to. Usually you are lagging because your computer's graphics card may not be able to handle the server. Keep in mind, the world size is almost 1GB. If possible, try to allocate more storage to it!

More questions and answers will be added soon

+1 by Kara, Queenblue, oh , habsolo and 2 others
"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

Administrator
2,338 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd February 2016, 08:11 PM

Can you add one that asks, "Why is my computer melting and dying when I play for longer than 30 minutes", because that's the real issue with the fellow suffering windows users.

Otherwise great tutorial, Mr. Hashir, Warden of Minecraft!

+1 by Queenblue and Archie

Kara
Administrator

Jokester
243 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
23rd February 2016, 08:32 PM

nice post hash, this should help the ppl

do you feel like a young god
2,287 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
23rd February 2016, 08:41 PM

Great post. It will help people who were having the issues.

- Former OldCP Moderator - Former Drejk DSGHQ Moderator - Former Forum Master - Former XAT Member - Current Forum Moderator - Kacket House Guard -

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
23rd February 2016, 09:53 PM

Can u make one saying "why fo I get low fps with windows" pls

Gone

Sweet memories

147 posts
Seen 21st December 2018
23rd February 2016, 10:37 PM

I have a question whenever i join it says you are not whitelisted when i have been before

total trash
Master
3,372 posts
Seen 14th March 2016
24th February 2016, 12:03 AM

Hashir wrote on 23rd February 2016 08:03 PM:
Hello,

I thought I'd make this discussion since I hadn't made a discussion in quite a while. I am going to answer some FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) in order to improve your minecraft experience on the Damencraft Server!

1) I'm getting the "This domain is not registered to this IP address. Please try to access the site later or click here to refresh the page." message. Why is this?

"mc.dsghq.com" is not a website. It is the IP Address to the server. The IP Address is only entered here, or using direct connect:

2) After a server restart, I get the "Connection Throttled" error code when trying to connect to Damencraft. What do I do?

Wait for a few seconds. The server is still in process of restarting if you get this message. After a few seconds, press refresh and try again!

3) I need help from an Operator. What's my best solution to contact them?

A command of ours provides you the ability to send a message that will only be sent to Operators. This is called /helpop {message}. It is your best chance at getting their attention!

4) The server won't connect but my friends are online. What should I do?

This doesn't happen often, but when it does, just use the alternate IP Address: dsghq.mcph.co (NOTE: This is not recommended for normal use)

5) What are Server Resource packs and should I have it enabled?

Damencraft has a special resource pack to improve the block texture, so you may enable it if you want that improvisation.

6) Everything is frozen and my messages aren't sending. What's going on?

Lag. Just wait a few seconds and it'll respond. To check if you're lagging, do /ping.

More questions and answers will be added soon

3helpful5me

gg

i actually didn't know the /helpop thing

gg

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th February 2016, 10:14 AM

Zsed Ren wrote on 23rd February 2016 10:37 PM:
I have a question whenever i join it says you are not whitelisted when i have been before
Added!
Lloyd wrote on 23rd February 2016 09:53 PM:
Can u make one saying "why fo I get low fps with windows" pls
Added!
Kara Kacket wrote on 23rd February 2016 08:11 PM:
Can you add one that asks, "Why is my computer melting and dying when I play for longer than 30 minutes", because that's the real issue with the fellow suffering windows users.

Otherwise great tutorial, Mr. Hashir, Warden of Minecraft!
Added!

"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

199 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th February 2016, 10:33 AM

I already knew all of this but it will help new users

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons :D
Rookie
49 posts
Seen 11th March 2016
25th February 2016, 10:34 PM

This post helps A LOT! :DDDDDD

Login or join the forums to reply.