4th January 2019

Editorial: Declaring War Fun or Not?

Made by Romeo in Debates

Live Fast Die Young
Master
1,776 posts
Seen 22nd January 2020
4th January 2019, 03:45 PM

Over the past 4 years, thousands of groups, people and land have been at war, war can cause dramatic symptoms to an site, like forcing it close its doors, entering a temporary lockdown, etc… The question is: Is it fun to war on a kids game?
Disclaimer: The following post is an editorial and contains the personal opinion of the author. It does not represent the views of OLDCP as a whole.
Firstly, let’s hit the core. There are 3 ways to declare war on the site: the individual war, the collective war and the secret war. There are differences between them, but let’s analyze each one separately.
Individual War
This is the most simple way to declare war on a kids website. The whole site is forced into war by one person who usually gets an illegal permission from an leader, or he simply lies to him, telling him that he is going to do what's best for the group people or land, and many other justifications.
Collective War
This kind of war consists of 2 or more people, trying to war on a kids site. It usually happens for competitive reasons or any personal reasons.
Secret War
This kind of war is the smartest way to hide who caused war on the kids site. It consists of the betrayal who lets the person who caused war, war the site secretly and pretends that he has done it by mistake; and the person who helped him war.

People who may choose to war on a kids website for a number of reasons. In many instances, website war is done purely for fun. In these cases, wars may find pleasure in attempting to delete permanently (rid every single person) of the site , or may focus on ruining the game entirely. This type of war is usually done as a means to mock site owner, ruler or any person who allowed them to become senior in their postion, and for the weaknesses within their preferences and to leave their mark on the game wall. It is for this reason that some people refer to website war as website bullying.
In other cases, people who may war on a kids website as a means to protest a message (e.g. shut down OLDCP) or to promote a cause of their own. These so-called “activists” may take down the users of those with conflicting beliefs or messages, or may replace their lives as a means to “expose” these opponents or make it seem as though the victim of the web war actually supports the person who caused war. These types of “activist” organizations believe that are performing acts of civil disobedience and exercising their right to free speech rather than vandalizing public property..
The DSGHQ community well recognizes these detergents like the legendary pirates, the famous JamesSutherland or Melkor. The fact that when war happens they ruin a site and come back without facing any punishment, it badly affects the whole community persuading more and more people to be “website bullying”.
The only problem with the wars is the result. And the result is not always so good. Unfortunately, hundreds of people, groups or lands close their doors monthly because of their land or group being at war. A war actually ruins the whole DSGHQ community by causing an person, land or group to fall, stay inactive, lower its moral, and even force it close its doors.
Warring is mostly appeared in the DSGHQ community, and not that much in major sites. The result is for an game to be at war while it is on its rise. I personally believe that warring on an kids site is not that funny and it can also not only cause problems in the management, but it can affect the whole community, too.
But what do YOU think? Is a war fun or not? Do you agree with the justifications above? What do YOU think of wars?

Here at DSGHQ, we value YOUR opinions!

Romeo
Theorist (nè theoretician)

+1 by door, izuno, Preston, Anja and 10 others
Live Fast Die Young

xx
Master
1,573 posts
Seen 4th August 2023
4th January 2019, 05:26 PM

Wise words Romeo, quite wise indeed.

+1 by Romeo and

Queen of the Divan
Master
1,336 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
4th January 2019, 06:20 PM

Very well put post, Romeo.

In my opinion, war is not fun on the game, even though it adds to the story that many people in the community seem to be fond of. In the end, although many people follow said story and are involved in it, there are still a lot of people who play the game to talk to friends and experience what Club Penguin was like in the past. In fact, on the topic of the past Club Penguin, I think the name of the game OldCP itself, while being relevant to how the game initially was, is misleading now because of all the things added to it, such as ranks, roleplay, the ability to kill other users, and countless rooms made by other people. I can imagine how new users would be confused by the game, and possibly even be hesitant to play it more often because of the added features, especially the killing of users. I do not think the average person would be happy to lose their account due to a part of the game they weren't anticipating.

I believe that, in order to gain and keep more players while also keeping it the way it is, the site has to let people know and warn them about parts of the game that could potentially disappoint them. I find it very interesting that the website does not already do that, because it seems like a huge thing to leave out. If you look at the home page of the site, this is all you see:

Even when you log into OldCP, despite getting a welcome message, I do not think it informs people well enough:

Although it may be a bad example, you can somewhat compare this to how the law (or at least, Canadian law) makes sure that companies, organizations, etc. that provide anything that is potentially harmful to customers to inform them about the hazards, as well as prevent anything bad from happening by taking the steps a reasonable person would in that situation. If OldCP was a real life organization of some sort that allowed people to reside in an artificial "medieval" setting, and if Damen never stated the potential life risks by living there, in for example, a waiver (form) that one would sign, he would be sued.

+1 by Romeo and sparrow

Live Fast Die Young
Master
1,776 posts
Seen 22nd January 2020
4th January 2019, 06:24 PM

sparklz wrote on 4th January 2019, 06:20 PM:
Very well put post, Romeo.
In my opinion, war is not fun on the game, even though it adds to the story that many people in the community seem to be fond of. In the end, although many people follow said story and are involved in it, there are still a lot of people who play the game to talk to friends and experience what Club Penguin was like in the past. In fact, on the topic of the past Club Penguin, I think the name of the game OldCP itself, while being relevant to how the game initially was, is misleading now because of all the things added to it, such as ranks, roleplay, the ability to kill other users, and countless rooms made by other people. I can imagine how new users would be confused by the game, and possibly even be hesitant to play it more often because of the added features, especially the killing of users. I do not think the average person would be happy to lose their account due to a part of the game they weren't anticipating.
I believe that, in order to gain and keep more players, the site has to let people know and warn them about parts of the game that could potentially disappoint them. I find it very interesting that the website does not already do that, because it seems like a huge thing to leave out. If you look at the home page of the site, this is all you see:
Even when you log into OldCP, despite getting a welcome message, I do not think it informs people well enough:
Although it may be a bad example, you can somewhat compare this to how the law (or at least, Canadian law) makes sure that companies, organizations, etc. that provide anything that is potentially harmful to customers to inform them about the hazards, as well as prevent anything bad from happening by taking the steps a reasonable person would in that situation. If OldCP was a real life organization of some sort that allowed people to reside in an artificial "medieval" setting, and if Damen never stated the potential life risks by living there, in for example, a waiver (form) that one would sign, he would be sued.
Yes indeed!

+1 by Anja and Cariti
Live Fast Die Young

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
4th January 2019, 08:14 PM

To be entirely honest, OldCP is very unique, to say the least. I believe having "war" is just something that is and always will be a singular part of OldCP, just a piece of a bigger picture. I believe this discussion holds weight and good backing statements, but also, I feel like we should also acknowledge that many games, movies, television shows, etc, show fighting in some form or another between two opposing sides. For e.g. you have Mr. Krabs v/s Plankton. This kind of stuff has been prevalent in the lives of everyone for quite some time. Another example would be Club Penguin itself. The EPF v/s the villains of Club Penguin, although it was never called war, you could still get some depictions.

I'm not disagreeing with this discussion or anything, and I may have read it wrong to begin with, but I'm crossed on this one.

+1 by Romeo and Cheep
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Live Fast Die Young
Master
1,776 posts
Seen 22nd January 2020
4th January 2019, 08:25 PM

sarabareille wrote on 4th January 2019, 08:14 PM:
To be entirely honest, OldCP is very unique, to say the least. I believe having "war" is just something that is and always will be a singular part of OldCP, just a piece of a bigger picture. I believe this discussion holds weight and good backing statements, but also, I feel like we should also acknowledge that many games, movies, television shows, etc, show fighting in some form or another between two opposing sides. For e.g. you have Mr. Krabs v/s Plankton. This kind of stuff has been prevalent in the lives of everyone for quite some time. Another example would be Club Penguin itself. The EPF v/s the villains of Club Penguin, although it was never called war, you could still get some depictions.
I'm not disagreeing with this discussion or anything, and I may have read it wrong to begin with, but I'm crossed on this one.
Could always count on you to talk trash on my post good on you

+1 by Cariti
Live Fast Die Young

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
4th January 2019, 08:26 PM

Sherlock120Sh wrote on 4th January 2019, 08:25 PM:
Haha, no my good sir - I'm not talking trash, I'm just stating a very small opinion.

+1 by Romeo
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Live Fast Die Young
Master
1,776 posts
Seen 22nd January 2020
4th January 2019, 08:35 PM

sarabareille wrote on 4th January 2019, 08:26 PM:
Sherlock120Sh wrote on 4th January 2019, 08:25 PM:
Haha, no my good sir - I'm not talking trash, I'm just stating a very small opinion.
Ok must of saw the entire thing wrong, my bad.

+1 by Cariti
Live Fast Die Young

G
Master
940 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
6th January 2019, 04:05 PM

War can be fun ngl but it's mainly because someone wants to dethrone someone from a rank

+1 by Romeo and

806 posts
Seen 5th November 2020
6th January 2019, 08:51 PM

Good post

+1 by Romeo

Banned
156 posts
Seen 17th February 2020
12th January 2019, 12:24 PM

It's just a game, and war is a part of life. Kids play Fortnite, which includes warfare. Kids play COD, which includes more warfare.

+1 by Romeo and

Live Fast Die Young
Master
1,776 posts
Seen 22nd January 2020
12th January 2019, 03:46 PM

Tobob wrote on 12th January 2019, 12:24 PM:
It's just a game, and war is a part of life. Kids play Fortnite, which includes warfare. Kids play COD, which includes more warfare.
If we ain't cool like that no banter,
I ain't giving you gifts like Santa.
(HEYYYYY YOU USE TO BE SANTA)

+1 by Cariti
Live Fast Die Young

Login or join the forums to reply.