1st January 2020

just sad right now...

Made by Sled in Minecraft

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
1st January 2020, 01:37 AM

So a Minecraft server, which was the first Minecraft server I ever joined back in 2012 when I was about 13, just shut down tonight after slowly fading away. It started all the way back in Minecraft alpha, which means it was really old. The server had mad history, and was basically my childhood. The owner is one of the kindest human beings out there and really made the server one of the most memorable servers for me. That server owner gave up the server a 7 years ago after he announced that he was having a kid and wouldn't have time for it anymore, but some of us kept the server going all these years.

Finally tonight before it was the new year me, my friend, and the server owner along with his kid who now is 7 and has his own Minecraft account got online and played for a few hours right up until the final minute of the server being open. We were voice chatting with the owner for the first time and god damn when he said his life has changed, I felt that. Everything is so different now for us all, myself included. When I started playing that server I had absolutely no care in the world and my biggest worries was being a freshman in high school and now I'm a senior in college and have to worry about jobs and such.

The server is gone now and it's silly but I'll always have these memories of those days of being a kid and growing up on Minecraft the same way I grew up playing club penguin.

Life just goes by way too quickly so hang on to those memories you make and keep the people you meet and love in your life and check up on them.

anyways that's my sad story happy New Years

+1 by Joseph, SecurityGuy, LiveToDance, Zaron and 13 others

Master
444 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
1st January 2020, 01:39 AM

honestly, the OG Minecraft servers will always slap. Wish I could get back with some of the people I played Minecraft with in 2012.

I still have a world from June 2013...

+1 by Sled

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
1st January 2020, 01:40 AM

Joseph wrote on 1st January 2020, 01:39 AM:
honestly, the OG Minecraft servers will always slap. Wish I could get back with some of the people I played Minecraft in 2012.
we had a Minecraft wedding yesterday for the cringe and about 20 of us old-timers showed up. Such a great way to end it all..

+1 by Pablo and Lloyd

Not Picasso
Master
169 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st January 2020, 05:00 AM

Sleddy wrote on 1st January 2020, 01:37 AM:
Life just goes by way too quickly so hang on to those memories you make and keep the people you meet and love in your life and check up on them.
It really does. Thank you for sharing this story with us - for I really resonate with it. Also thank you for accepting me as your friend in 2019 and I hope 2020 treats you well with many more positive happenings.

+1 by Sled and Lloyd

it was only hypothetical
Master
6,414 posts
Seen 25th August 2023
1st January 2020, 10:59 AM

I feel you, mother Sled. Many servers that I played years ago, when I was an innocent child, have closed. Now there are only memories.

+1 by Pablo and Sled
Gone

Sweet memories

Login or join the forums to reply.