[P2] || The Truth

Made by Scott in Announcements

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
20th March 2020, 12:00 PM

G'evening DSGHQ,

This discussion will be Part [2] of my original discussion, "Always and Forever", which was the discussion I used to formally resign from OldCP, stepping down as Senior Captain. Before I begin to write this discussion, I would like to say this first. I have carried this around with me for eight years. However, during this time a select few have been able to know the truth, and those people are the people I would like to thank tremendously, I would like to thank them for their continuous love & support, I will cherish these people forever.

As many of you know by now, I joined OldCP back in 2013 under the username "sarabareille". Since then I have risen the virtual food-chain of OldCP and the DSGHQ community. I have obtained nearly every single rank imaginable, and for that, I am very thankful. I would not trade any of the countless memories, stories, laughs, or tears for anything in the world. This community is the place where I grew up the most, it is the place where I met my best friend, and it will be the place where I finally come clean and tell the truth.

I have been holding onto a very serious lie for quite some time. At times, this lie became too heavy to carry around with me. However, as days went on I continued to become more popular - I began to make connections with people, and people began to trust me on levels I never knew were possible online. I cared so much about the relationships I was lucky enough to create with people on here. And it has been a true pleasure to be able to communicate with people, help people in their darkest times, and allow people to grow into places perhaps they did not know was possible for them. This is exactly what allowed and inspired me to continue to live this lie, even though I knew it was wrong of me, but I simply could not process the idea of letting anyone know the truth.

My closest friend on this community is someone I know as Amanda, all of you likely know her as Avax, Tobuscus, or recently Nepeta. This particular person was the first person I opened up to, and she was the first person to listen to me, understand me completely, and accept me for who I am. Those 3 attributes are the reason this person is my best friend, a person I couldn't imagine living without. The respect I have for Amanda (Nepeta) is astronomical. I will forever be grateful for her, and what she has been able to do for me - which was to provide clarity to something I thought I never would find clarity for, so for that, I thank you, Amanda - you are and always will be the best thing that has ever happened to me in this community, I sincerely love you platonically.

Since the day I told Amanda, back in late 2013 - early 2014, I never felt more refreshed. However, it wasn't enough. I was still holding onto this burden, and it was weighing me down. As time went on I was able to tell more people, each of these people accepted me. Just yesterday and even earlier today, I told [2] other people, both of which I will forever be thankful for. Before I express what I have been lying about, I would like to recognize the people who have known my secret and accepted it, these are the people I will never forget, these are my closest friends.
  • Amanda
  • Perla
  • Kara
  • TeamMaybe
  • Pablo
  • Malorie
  • Macy
  • Bailey
  • Sled
  • Abushekaus

Every single one of those individuals above accepted me for who I am. Every single time I finally decided to tell one of them, I would become so anxious. As I write this discussion, I too, am anxious. I feel a pit in my stomach, and today will be the day where I no longer have to worry about this pit, a pit I carried for eight years. To all of those names listed above, you're all truly amazing people. Some of the best on OldCP and the DSGHQ. I will always cherish our memories and friendship, and never forget how each of you responded to the news. Thank you all so much.

Ok, everyone here is the moment you all have been waiting for... the TRUTH about who I am, and it with genuine emotion and thought that I tell of you this lie that I have been carrying with me for such a long time. I have been lying since 2013 about who I truly am. The person all of you know as Sadie, simply is not real, but there is someone who is, Scott. I joined OldCP under an alias of sarabareille (later on Sadie) as stated above, at the time, I was tremendously young and my thought process just wasn't fully functional. Or very little was there.

As time went on, I earned positions I never thought I would. I became popular, well-known, and loved by so many amazing users. I was addicted to this, but at the same time, I hated myself. I hated the lie I was living, and I felt tremendous guilt. I personally never thought that "men" were allowed to care, cry, or show emotion - I was very indoctrinated at a young age. Therefore, I knew I was too deep into my lie. I couldn't go back, and at the time I simply could not admit to it. I had to live with it and make the best of it.

As I continued to live my life on OldCP, I created a persona around the account, Sadie. Although much of what "Sadie" is, it is genuine besides a few aspects. I'll describe that later on in this discussion. An abundance of rumors surfaced stating that I wasn't real, I was fake, and I was living my life online as a catfish. These rumors, at the time, ruined me. At such a young age, I would cry about everything being said. I knew most of these rumors were truthful, but I just couldn't come to terms. I couldn't accept it. Time continued to move forward, and people simmered down thankfully. This is around the time I told Amanda who I was. Since then, a few "rumors" continued to linger, even now. But as of now, I would like to say that some of these rumors are true.

I would like to say this though, although I am not technically Sadie - everything I did, act upon and fought for remained true. The way I talk, act, and care for people are really who I am. I love to communicate with people, help people, and watch them prosper. Sadly, I was never fully able to act the way I dreamt. There were times where people would come to me with genuine problems, and share everything with me. These people were hurt, they were suffering, and it killed me mentally, emotionally, and sometimes even physically that I couldn't help these people the way I wanted to. I wanted to call them, and I wanted to express my sympathy. I always tried my best to express my emotions through my writing - and hopefully, if you ever came to me for help, I hope that our conversation helped you in some fashion. I hope you can still trust me, and still come to me when you need help...

I would like to apologize to anyone that I may have "dated" during my early years on OldCP. I apologize for what I did, and as I matured into an adult I realized that what I was doing was not good. I regret any relationship I have had on here with someone. People like Mr. Lion, Harrison (Tennis), Abushekaus, and Bailey too. What I did was simply horrible, to say the least. I do not urge anyone to "catfish". I have come clean to some of you, and again, I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you. I was young, immature, and simply doing things for the sake of the storyline essentially. I hope you can understand.

For the people who look up to me, I would like to apologize to you. There have been countless people who have trusted me with personal information, the information I have and will always keep between us and only us. I respect your privacy and everything in between. I hope many of you can still accept me, and please, do not hesitate to come to me for help. I do care, and I do want to help people who need it. If you want to talk now, one more genuine level, please feel free to contact me. I would love to be able to communicate with all of you, 1 on 1, something I was not able to do for a very long time, until now.

I want to come to clean terms, completely, I want this all out in the open. Here is everything I have lied about...
  • My Gender
  • My Name...
  • My age, I'm 19 and not 20.

Everything else is an accurate representation of who I am. I'm not a mean person, a distasteful person, or someone who is doing this because I have to. I have respect for every single one of you, and I admire the diversity within the community as I stated in Part [1] of this 2-part discussion. Everything I have said is nearly 100% accurate. If you ever came to me with a question, comment, or in need of assistance what you received was real. Please do not ever think that what I told you was all a lie or some alternate persona I created... that's simply not true.

I would like to personally apologize to Damen. Damen, thank you for giving me opportunities to thrive. I appreciate all of the things you have given to me, most importantly, I appreciate your feedback and logical point-of-view on any issue I came to you about. I get it, I was a bit annoying at times; but it was because I just wanted to see things get addressed and taken care of. I apologize for not being honest with you. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from, and take this as it is. I respect you and everything you have done for this community. You have brought all of these amazing people together, in one place, and for that you deserve recognition. It has been a pleasure to be staff on your server(s), and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I apologize that I couldn't find the words a long time ago, to be honest. I mean well, and I always have, sometime we should perhaps voice call? I would love to have a genuine conversation with you if you're up for it.

This discussion is becoming quite long, I really have so much to say to all of you... but little time, and I know some of you will not even read this discussion, and again, that's fine. I understand. Whatever the case is, I hope this discussion allows all of you to gain something from it... maybe it will be motivation to be an honest person yourself, or something... I really just want the best for all of you. I sincerely mean that from the bottom of my heart.

-- I plan that this discussion is going to cause an uproar of emotions. I understand that some of you will dislike me, hate me, unfriend me, block me, and so forth. That's okay, I respect your thoughts and wishes. And I respect the way you decipher the information, and most importantly, what you believe in. I can not control you or how you regulate your emotions, all I can be is 100% honest with all of you, and alas' I am doing just that. I have thought about this day for such a long time, it was a day I never actually planned on taking up... but in a sense, I feel like this will allow me to grow as a person, and I hope some of you desire to reconnect, not as Sadie, but now as who I really am... Scott. If not, that's fine and I respect that. You're all amazing, and whatever you decide to do I will forever and always honor your requests.

Lastly, I will be online for quite a while after this. I will be changing my username(s) later today once the news spreads. I will become who I really am, and who I was meant to be on here. I ask for my username on OldCP to be changed to "Scott" if possible... I would like to continue my journey, and possibly final days and/or weeks as the person I sought out to be...

If you have any questions, comments, and or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to call me, please feel free. Just message me on Discord. If you want to add me on social media (officially, and realistically) let me know, I'm open to that idea. If you want to send Snapchat streaks to me, I'm cool with that too. Regardless, I just want to be accepted. This isn't easy for me, and I might honestly collapse after posting this, that would be ironic... huh? Again, I would like to thank all of you for allowing me to grow in this community. For all the friends, memories, laughs, and tears that were made throughout these years, thank you. I love all of you so very much, thank you for allowing me to feel comfortable enough to post this, finally... Again, reconnect with me if you desire to. I'm here for all of you, now hopefully in a more genuine and completely honest form. I would lastly like to thank Sled, Sled you really inspired me I'm not going to lie. You're an amazing person, thank you for allowing me to open my eyes, and address what I've always wanted to.

Always and forever,
"Sadie"
... or as you may now call me ...
Scott.

+1 by dayton, Pic, Sled, Chis and 51 others, -1 by Jdutr, Hashir, sparrow, Milan and 5 others
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

livin life
Master
237 posts
Seen 21st August 2023
20th March 2020, 12:05 PM

OMG HEY SCOTT HAHAA I cant with myself rn i-

+1 by Scott, CPBiter, Loki, Paradise and 4 others, -1 by Frogs

veteran
Master
1,360 posts
Seen 28th June 2020
20th March 2020, 12:05 PM

Hey Scott! <3

It’s honestly crazy having the opportunity to call you Scott after eight years of you trusting me not to say anything but Sadie. I cannot believe you have the gut to tell everyone such a secret. But in the end you did what’s best, and we all should appreciate that. With confidence saying this I believe people will still continue looking up to you because for me nothing has changed. You are still yourself, and always will be.

Greater things will come to you, just you wait.

+1 by Scott, Sled, bella, Chis and 8 others, -1 by sparrow and Mohamed

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
20th March 2020, 12:07 PM

we all go through things when we are young. for me, I was constantly being hacked (I was young and dumb and fell for a trap where a "friend" got my password and he wouldn't stop), so I changed my identity completely and just stuck with it. it allowed me to move away from everyone and everything (I was constantly upset over losing everything from this "hacker"). overtime my identity stuck with me and I completely relate to this situation.

You are a valuable member of this community and it wouldn't be the same without you. whatever you've done for the community - you did it as yourself, who you really were, how you really felt. it was all you. so a different name or gender changes nothing. I hope this helps you feel truly yourself. I accept you for who you are, as I would accept anyone, just as people have accepted me for who I am.

<3

+1 by bella, Scott, dayton, Brit and 10 others

drugs
120 posts
Seen 14th May 2020
20th March 2020, 12:11 PM

you really meant it when you said: “once a brother always a brother” , nonetheless scott this is crazy in a good way.

+1 by Scott, Chis, CPBiter, Sled and 9 others
insert signature here
<3

Banned
2,224 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2020, 12:57 PM

It takes a lot of strength to publicly announce news as big as this, and I rate you highly for that. I doubt anyone will like you any less for this, you're too good of a person.

See you soon Scott :D

+1 by Scott, Pic, Paradise, avax and 3 others, -1 by turquito10

70 posts
Seen 12th August 2020
20th March 2020, 03:26 PM

hi scott!!
u r such an enjoyable and amazing and super cool person and I'm very proud of u bc I wouldn't ever be able to announce something like that
you are such a wonderful person and im just really happy for u !!! :D
I hope you have a lovely day u amazing person <3

+1 by Scott, Paradise, avax, Bailey and 1 other

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
20th March 2020, 03:28 PM

hamilhelp wrote on 20th March 2020, 03:26 PM:
hi scott!!
u r such an enjoyable and amazing and super cool person and I'm very proud of u bc I wouldn't ever be able to announce something like that
you are such a wonderful person and im just really happy for u !!!
sorry im very blech right now I hope you have a lovely day u amazing person
Hello!
Thank you so much, and thank you for ALWAYS being such a bright personality within this community... you're amazing! :)

+1 by HamilHelp, avax, Lloyd, Bailey and 1 other
Hi, I'm Scott.

nobody
11 posts
Seen 21st June 2020
20th March 2020, 04:06 PM

Hey Scott!
Wow, I must admit that I never saw this coming. But I still and always will look up to you. I'm proud of you for this because many people probably would have just continued to lie about it until they quit and nobody would ever know the truth. You're brave and I respect you SO MUCH. Thank you for always being there when I needed advice. You were the one who always pushed me in the right direction and proved to me that I could achieve the things I wished to achieve in this community. If it weren't for you and the PW, I would have quit a long time ago. Being a PWC and working alongside you and the other PWC for almost a year was an amazing experience that I will always cherish moving forward. It taught me leadership skills that I probably would have never learned if it weren't for you. I am so glad that you are finally able to be the full version of yourself. Thank you for being you. Once a brother always a brother.

Sincerely,
Sara

+1 by Scott, Paradise, avax, HamilHelp and 2 others

Master
1,827 posts
Seen 19th May 2023
20th March 2020, 04:37 PM

+1 by Hashir, Nate, Scott, Paradise and 8 others

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2020, 05:22 PM

Oh wow.
HI SCOTT!

Honestly... this is a really big adjustment for me. But I still love you anyways. As Sadie, you were always so kind to me. You helped me when I needed it, you gave me guidance when I was lost and you brought me the light when I was in the darkness. You've given me so much happiness and respect all these years that I just feel the need to repay you. You even would DM me of your own accord whenever I've been upset saying that you've heard some things and just to let me know you're there for me. You're so damn mature and smart. You always know what to say/how to say it. I cannot believe all the crap you went through when you were younger but I can relate, in a way. But to hear that people were rude to you and spread rumors on who you are genuinely hurt me. Because all you do is be nice to people and to hear that you were hurting as well, throughout all of this, brought tears to my eyes.

I'm honestly so proud of you for coming out with all this. As said in Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies and even more to stand up to your friends. Scott, this does not change who you are as a person and it most definitely does not give anyone a pass to harass you or anything of that sort. And it does not change the way that I view you. When I met you in 2015, I could tell, even at my young age, that you were a person who'd grow up to do extraordinary things. Yesterday I had to ask you permission to bring this into light- but in 2016 when you inducted me into the PW, I got a front row seat of seeing just how incredible you were. The PW was like a secondary family to me. And you were the mother of it- but I suppose we should call you the father of it now. You gathered all these young and talented souls and brought them together, merging them into one. You offered your guidance and experience to help bring these people to ranks they could only dream of having, like PWC, moderator, etc. You helped me become a moderator. No matter what, you've always tried your best to guide and help others and that's what I love about you. Throughout my 4 years in the PW, I have gotten the privilege of becoming closer to you. And I'm really thankful for that.

Being a member of the PW definitely changed me. And you helped that. Now people may be pissed off at you for this, but atleast you came out with it. That's better than keeping it in and that shows just how strong you are. Ignore the haters- they've nothing better to do.

I love you :)
Hopefully I get to know you more as Scott and, of course, once a brother, always a brother <3

EDIT: Stop disliking my post because it isn't what you want to hear. There is nothing wrong with me treating a dear friend with respect.

+1 by Scott, avax, HamilHelp, Lloyd and 3 others, -1 by sparrow, Milan and Mohamed
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2020, 05:27 PM

This is despicable. I don't know why everyone's supporting it like you cured cancer. You've catfished people for 7 years, call it as it is.

+1 by Mohamed, Jdutr, sparrow, rami and 18 others, -1 by zenny, Scott, dayton, Sled and 11 others
"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

Old Spice God
171 posts
Seen 23rd May 2022
20th March 2020, 05:38 PM

wait so are you gay?

+1 by Scott, Hashir, kace, SecurityGuy and 9 others

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
20th March 2020, 05:42 PM

Hashir wrote on 20th March 2020, 05:27 PM:
This is despicable. I don't know why everyone's supporting it like you cured cancer. You've catfished people for 7 years, call it as it is.
Ye, I literally said that in the discussion. So like, uhm, ye. I apologized to those who I may have caused an inconvenience to. Fortunately, during this time I'll be noticing who actually understands people, and who here really are my friends.
BeanOffical wrote on 20th March 2020, 05:38 PM:
wait so are you gay?
No, not at all.

+1 by dayton, kace, avax, Lloyd and 3 others
Hi, I'm Scott.

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
20th March 2020, 05:47 PM

Hashir wrote on 20th March 2020, 05:27 PM:

it's funny when people say catfish. catfishing is luring people into a relationship by pretending to be something that they're not. this is not the case here. this is someone who was just going by a different identity online (not dating) which by all means isn't even a bad thing. online personas are always a lie, usernames are not our real names. you can't expect everything online to be the truth or else you are just being very vulnerable.

+1 by zenny, Scott, Loki, Pic and 11 others, -1 by Hashir, Milan, jackie and Mohamed

Login or join the forums to reply.