Veteran
Master
3,526 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2020, 05:49 PM

Sleddy wrote on 20th March 2020, 05:47 PM:
Quote:
Hashir wrote on 20th March 2020, 05:27 PM:
This is despicable. I don't know why everyone's supporting it like you cured cancer. You've catfished people for 7 years, call it as it is.
it's funny when people say catfish. catfishing is luring people into a relationship by pretending to be something that they're not. this is not the case here. this is someone who was just going by a different identity online (not even dating) which by all means isn't even a bad thing. online personas are always a lie, usernames are not our real names. you can't expect everything online to be the truth or else you are just being very vulnerable.
What about all the people she dated as a female? By your definition, is that not what catfishing is?

+1 by sparrow, rami, Miromeski, jackie and 5 others, -1 by Sled, zenny, dayton, bella and 5 others
"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V

Old Spice God
171 posts
Seen 23rd May 2022
20th March 2020, 05:51 PM

sarabareille wrote on 20th March 2020, 05:42 PM:
Quote:
This is despicable. I don't know why everyone's supporting it like you cured cancer. You've catfished people for 7 years, call it as it is.
Ye, I literally said that in the discussion. So like, uhm, ye. I apologized to those who I may have caused an inconvenience to. Fortunately, during this time I'll be noticing who actually understands people, and who here really are my friends.
BeanOffical wrote on 20th March 2020, 05:38 PM:
wait so are you gay?
No, not at all.

oh, sorry @fable he's not gay

+1 by Alea, V and Finnawoke

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
20th March 2020, 05:54 PM

Hashir wrote on 20th March 2020, 05:49 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
it's funny when people say catfish. catfishing is luring people into a relationship by pretending to be something that they're not. this is not the case here. this is someone who was just going by a different identity online (not even dating) which by all means isn't even a bad thing. online personas are always a lie, usernames are not our real names. you can't expect everything online to be the truth or else you are just being very vulnerable.
What about all the people she dated as a female? By your definition, is that not what catfishing is?
Well. Sadie was young when the whole "dating" thing happened. It was just a childish thing/not real, but sure it can be called catfishing. In recent years, no dating occurred. I think the actions of a 12/13 year old can be forgiven. Overall Sadie has had a huge impact on this community and you can be angry about this, but let's not blow it out of proportion.

+1 by Scott, zenny, Paradise, Loki and 7 others, -1 by jackie

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
20th March 2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Again, I'd like to add that I've personally confronted some of these people - the ones who are currently active. Things are fine between me and them. And for those who aren't on here anymore, if they ever come back ill definitely chat with them.

The last time I "dated" someone on here would probably be in like 2014ish? Maybe... I was a child. At the time, what I was doing seemed completely normal. I saw no real issue. Obviously I see an issue now. I do regret what I did, to certain extents. But honestly nothing can change what I did in the past. I can only pave the future. I'm not here to force people to accept me, or anything that I did throughout my time here - but I do expect for people to at least remain civil. Opinions don't bother me none, criticism doesn't either. Just keep it clean, that's all I ask.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Hashir.

+1 by Sled, Paradise, Loki, Julianhak and 6 others, -1 by sparrow
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

86 posts
Seen 9th October 2022
20th March 2020, 06:06 PM

dang this takes a lot of guts. im proud of you legend keep being the awesome person you are! youre someone I have looked up to for a while now thank you! <3

+1 by Sled, Scott, Loki, Pic and 3 others
Hay hay hay

806 posts
Seen 5th November 2020
20th March 2020, 06:14 PM

So you lied to everyone about your gender just bc you were young? I’m pretty sure 11-12 year olds know what gender they are

+1 by rami, Miromeski, jackie, Hashir and 7 others, -1 by dayton, zenny, Chis, Loki and 9 others

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
20th March 2020, 06:15 PM

August wrote on 20th March 2020, 06:14 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
it's funny when people say catfish. catfishing is luring people into a relationship by pretending to be something that they're not. this is not the case here. this is someone who was just going by a different identity online (not dating) which by all means isn't even a bad thing. online personas are always a lie, usernames are not our real names. you can't expect everything online to be the truth or else you are just being very vulnerable.
ok but they admitted that they catfished
Read the discussion.

+1 by Bailey
Hi, I'm Scott.

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2020, 06:15 PM

Scott, I respect you so much for this. And honestly, anyone who is actually upset by this revelation needs to get over themselves. You've been pretty real with people over all and you've helped so many people so much. You are a truly wonderful person. <3

+1 by Scott, Pic, dayton, avax and 6 others, -1 by sparrow and pppboi

Off the deep end
Master
515 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th March 2020, 09:18 PM

Yo this gon dox me but we got the same name homie

+1 by Sled, Xvoid, Scott, Sugar and 5 others
On strike

what’re you lookin at
Master
249 posts
Seen 13th August 2023
20th March 2020, 09:40 PM

Well howdy, Scott

This is a lot to take in, but I'm glad to know. I've honestly thought of you as a role model because you're always so positive. This probably hasn't changed that. It's going to take getting used to tbh, but as long as you're happy! Gosh I'm bad at writing this stuff. Cya round partner!

+1 by avax, Sled, Loki, Scott and 4 others

:3
1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
20th March 2020, 11:37 PM

scott is my best friend and i love him so much but this literally made me laugh lmaooo

+1 by Scott and Bailey
Sadie was here, 12/27/2018. I love you, have a lovely day. <3
Sadie was here, 1/4/2020. Happy New Year, my love. I'm so thankful I can spend another year with you. <3
Scott was here 3/21/2020. We did it! <3
Scott was here 1/5/2021. We made it through 2020! I’m so thank you spend another year with you. <3

1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
21st March 2020, 12:10 AM

BeanOffical wrote on 20th March 2020, 05:38 PM:
wait so are you gay?
LMAO WHAT IS THAT WHAT YOU GOT FROM THIS DISCUSSION???/ I- DIEWHU8FHEJWIOFJEWM

+1 by Scott, Sugar, dayton, Bailey and 1 other
Sadie was here, 1/4/2020. Happy New Year, my love. I'm so thankful I can spend another year with you. <3
Scott was here 1/5/2021. We made it through 2020! I’m so thank you spend another year with you. <3

1,004 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
21st March 2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:

aww I'm sorry did you have a crush on sadie and now you found out she's actually a boy?? awwww ): poor you!! you must feel SO deceived ): wow make it all about you when this was something he APOLOGIZED for and ADMITTED to !!!!! HOW DARE HE!!!

+1 by dayton, Bailey, V and sou hiyori, -1 by Mohamed, Frogs, bakon and Rookie3142

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
21st March 2020, 12:16 PM

August wrote on 20th March 2020, 06:14 PM:
So you lied to everyone about your gender just bc you were young? I’m pretty sure 11-12 year olds know what gender they are
This dude really is out here editing his original reply tho.

**NO HATE, NO HATE THO!**

-- but also, I knew my gender back then. I knew who I was, what I was doing, you name it. Some of what I did though was not well-thought-out and I totally understand that. However, at that time I just didn't fully understand the significance of it. I do now though, and I do regret doing what I did. I don't regret living out here as an alias, Sadie... because of it, I was able to witness and experience things I don't regret. I do often wonder where I would be if I simply joined as who I am, but I don't know. I can't control the past, I just can't do that.

+1 by zenny, Pic, Chis, Xvoid and 3 others
Hi, I'm Scott.

hot eyebrows
Master
1,101 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
21st March 2020, 03:19 PM

Scott I really really feel so much towards this one quote you said:
“I personally never thought that "men" were allowed to care, cry, or show emotion”

I’m sorry you had to feel that, and I know for sure you are not the only one who’s gone through that. Toxic masculinity is a very real thing and people don’t understand that men have just a hard time with stereotypes and expectations as well. Men are taught at a young age that it’s not okay to express emotions or act feminine because it’s seen negatively but that’s just not true. Men should be able to express themselves the same way women do. There’s a reason why women are less likely to experience depression than men, there’s a reason to why men experience loneliness more often than women. It’s because men aren’t taught and accepted to cry or talk about their feelings as much as women do.

So I completely understand where you’re coming from. I get you were afraid and stressed to reach out about your identity especially on a toxic community like this where people aren’t always accepting. I hope you know now that it’s okay for you to cry and express your emotions. It’s HEALTHY! It’s a healthy HUMAN emotion that everyone has to feel. Men are not “superior” or “tough” if they don’t show emotion, that should not be the expectation that we teach younger men. Toxic masculinity is a very real thing and I’m really sorry you had to experience it at a young age and I know you aren’t the only one who had to go through that so I hope the community understands where you’re coming from.

Always here to talk, even if I haven’t showed it these last 2 years but I’m always here.

+1 by Scott, Loki, Sled, lush and 12 others
Foot

Login or join the forums to reply.