25th April 2020

Forums Moderator Application

Made by zenny in Applications

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th April 2020, 12:57 AM

OldCP Username: Rootss

Hello. Most people typically know me better as Rootbeer55 or Zen. I'm the Deputy Head Reporter of the Press and I spend a lot of my free-time organizing past reports or creating new templates for future reports. But I don't revolve ALL my time around stuff for OldCP! I'm currently 13 years of age, 14 in five months, but my maturity can sometimes get the best of me thus making me seem older than I truly am. My hobbies include reading, writing and bowling. While I may seem small in person, I have great upper-arm strength due to me bowling with a 16-pound ball. Each year I get invited to special tournaments that require travelling out of state. Not to brag but my high game is 235.

Anyways, I joined the community on June 6th, 2015 as an eight-year-old but did not join Forums until October 15th, 2015 as a nine-year-old. Forums Moderator has always been an aspiration of mine. I bet if you look back through the applications section here you'd see a great load of my past applications. While we're on the subject of ranks, my five years on this game has allowed me to achieve many ranks such as...

- OldCP Discord Moderator, 2017 x1
- OldCP Moderator x2
- Press x3/Current
- Wise One x1
- Imperial Knight x3
- War Knight x2
- House Guard x1
- Dorval Nightwatch/Nightwatch Commander x1
and many more.

My time-zone is Eastern Standard Time (EST for short) which allows me to be online for a great part of the day. I tend to take up around 12:00-1:00 PM due to my screwed up sleep schedule but after I wake up I'm online forums until I go to sleep at 3:00 AM. Not very healthy but hey, it's quarantine, we can let some stuff slide. On oldcp I tend to be online for atleast five hours a day, not as great as what others can handle but satisfactory nonetheless.

The reason why I feel like I'd be an ideal candidate for Forums Moderator is due to my experience. While I've never been a Moderator on THIS particular platform, I have had experience with similar ranks before. Being a Moderator means you have to have patience. You need to understand other(s) and you need to be able to distinguish right from wrong. This is a platform where people tend to get into disagreements and arguments with each-other which will often-times lead to unwanted drama. A good Moderator would approach the situation responsibly and calmly, listen to both sides of the story while meditating a calm atmosphere and take care of the situation without causing it to progress further. In true honestly and with all due respect, I have seen countless instances where staff will rush into situations where two users are causing drama with each-other and automatically choose a side, assisting one in berating another. Genuinely speaking, this is something I frown upon- a Staff member should do their absolute best to end bad blood between others, not aid in deepening wounds. I feel as though I have the traits that would make me suitable in listening to other's without getting offended and ending issues with the use of the Restorative Approach. While many may frown and laugh at it, the Approach is something that has been used countless times in the past by both former staff and myself as a means to end arguments and I would do my very best to maintain a respectful and drama-free discussion, should opportunity to use it arise.

Another reason why I feel like I would make a suitable candidate for Forums Moderator is because of my ability to be the 'first' on the scene. You see, due to my wonky schedule I tend to be online at times where rule-breakers thrive. When I see something against the rules and no Moderators are online, I tend to take screenshots of the ongoings and personally send them to Forums Staff. Either I post it in rankhub or I DM a staff member individually. Most of the time these instances would often slip by or not be discovered until morning when many have seen them. And if people see it, they will be either under the impression that A) the staff are not doing their jobs or B ) it's allowed and will do it as well. Not only will this create a chaotic environment but it would give the staff a living hell trying to get everything sorted and under control. And if people get upset over the fact that they are banned, I would respectfully remind them that the rules are in place for a reason and that if they did not wish to get banned, they could either make an appeal or just follow the rules in the future. In my persistency to uphold a safe and child-friendly environment I have passed along numerous reports of rule-breaking to the staff and as a Moderator, I will not slack on those actions.

In conclusion, I just want to say what the rank Forums Moderator means to me: It's not about the power you're given. It's not about the popularity you receive, nor the experience added to your resume. It's about having the ability to assist those who have questions/concerns/feedback. To act against those who do wrong and to help in any way possible. In being a Forums Moderator, you become a person people respect, a person they look up to. People will go to you for advice. They will visit you if they need guidance. You're one of the first they go to if someone's bullying them, the first they visit should they need help. In being a Forums Moderator it becomes your priority to keep the place a safe-haven, to hold your arms wide and shield those who are being harassed. But that does not mean you should baby people, defend the people who break the rules or side with those who do wrong. While respecting others is a key contributor to a peaceful community, sometimes it's good to have a bark to your bite. Just not to let it get out of hand. But this rank is something that should be cherished, should be appreciated because it's not a thing you receive every day. It's something that proves you're trusted and it's up to you to live up to that trust that others see in you. It's up to you to be a role-model for the younger people. Those are my honest thoughts. And I apologize if you may feel like I'm ''kissing up'' or whatever- that's just how I genuinely feel.

Anyways, I suppose that concludes my application. Good luck to everyone who applies.

+1 by SecurityGuy, Joseph, Zaron, Chelsey and 11 others
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th April 2020, 01:34 AM

ZENNY GOOD LUCK !!!!

+1 by zenny

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th April 2020, 01:37 AM

Jonathan1tt1 wrote on 25th April 2020, 01:34 AM:
ZENNY GOOD LUCK !!!!

<3

+1 by jay
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
25th April 2020, 04:01 AM

Lovely application, best of luck to you!

+1 by zenny
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Login or join the forums to reply.