Forum Moderator Application

Made by Swirlie in Applications

night cruising
Master
2,329 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th April 2020, 05:29 PM

Introduction
Hi, my name is Swirlie. I am applying for the position of forum moderator. I have decided to apply for this role because I believe with my knowledge and experience, I can make a great addition to the forum staff team. I've been a part of the DSGHQ since 2015, and since then I have grown to become a trusted and loyal user. I am 15 years old, my timezone is EST, and I am an extremely active member of the community.

Experience
• Forums Master
• OldCP, Penguin3D, & Forum Moderator
• OldCP & Penguin3D Head Moderator
Detective
Penguin Watch Captain
Empress Regent
• OldCP & Penguin3D Emperor Helper

What makes you ideal for this role?
I believe I possess all qualities of a moderator, and that I stand out from other candidates. For one, I am extremely active. I use the forums a lot every day, so this is a huge benefit for everyone, as I am able to moderate and take care of users of a wide variety of timezones. I am always browsing the forum, so I am easily able to catch rule breakers if they create content that don't abide by our values. Not only do I have excellent activity, but I also have great knowledge of how to use and navigate the forums. I have been a member for over five years, therefore I have very much experience. I know how to perform basic functions of the forum, such as creating posts and statuses, and also how BB code works. As well as this, I am knowledgeable on how to moderate the forums, as I was formerly a moderator for quite some time. I have also moderated various other DSGHQ platforms, such as OldCP and Penguin3D. Thus, I already have the skills and knowledge on how to be a great moderator and keep our community a safe environment for everyone.

How would you carry out your responsibilities?
If I were chosen to be a forum moderator, my ultimate goal would be to sustain a safe environment in which everyone can be comfortable in. No matter the circumstance, I would always uphold the rules and community values. I would do this by always checking for new content, as I already do. Therefore, I would easily be able to catch anyone breaking the rules since I am always on the watch. I am able to multitask as well, so I can moderate the forums while doing other things. Also, I would punish rule breakers using my very best judgment. I would only use my abilities as a moderator to keep our community a safe place; I would never have any harmful intentions. When there is conflict, I would be sure to approach it in a mature and restorative manner, and assist whoever is involved in order to solve it. If any user would ever had concerns or inquiries, they would always be able to reach out to me, and I would be sure to try my best to support them and provide anything they may need.

Thank you for reading, I hope I am considered to be the next forum moderator!

+1 by jay, Brit, Sled, Sam and 21 others

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
25th April 2020, 05:35 PM

BRING SWIRLIE HOME

/\
|_|

+1 by Swirlie, EbonJaeger, jay, Bailey and 1 other

Not Picasso
Master
169 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th April 2020, 05:37 PM

BlueLights wrote on 25th April 2020, 05:29 PM:
I can make a great addition to the forum staff team.

I agree! Good luck Swirlie!

+1 by Swirlie, Bailey and Gamer

IKEA Swedish Meatballs
Master
492 posts
Seen 5th October 2020
25th April 2020, 05:50 PM

Definitely a top pick here! Good luck Swirls!

+1 by Swirlie and Bailey

Veteran
Master
3,713 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th April 2020, 05:53 PM

Fantastic application! I already know you will do great as forums mod! :) Good luck!

+1 by Swirlie, Pablo, jay and Bailey

1,137 posts
Seen 14th August 2023
26th April 2020, 09:50 AM

Thanks for doing this giveaway! Hope I can win the free Robux giveaway!! :D

+1 by dayton

Banned
882 posts
Seen 10th April 2021
26th April 2020, 12:07 PM

Great application... but I was promised free robux

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
26th April 2020, 02:30 PM

Swirlie!

Best of luck to you, you’d make an awesome staff member, obviously! :)

Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Login or join the forums to reply.