2nd May 2020, 09:31 PM

Basics Information:
  • Username: Dayton
  • Current Age: 15
  • Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
  • Aspiring Rank: Imperial Banker
  • Current Rank: Penguin Watch Captain

Background Information:
I am Dayton. As most of you know I am from New York (Eastern Standard Time). I have been apart of this community for quite some time (late 2013). Throughout the years, I have had my ups and downs, but have persevered. The community as a whole has helped me out a lot. Whenever I think back to joining, I never really thought I would stay for as long as I have. I am really glad that I have stayed for so long though. I have experienced multiple positions throughout my time playing and have gotten much better at communication, which is a very important attribute when playing a game, like OldCP. I always enjoy lending help whenever needed which is the reason why I am applying to the position of Banker.

Experience: (Forums & OldCP)
  • Forums member and Master.
  • Moth Larva, Moth Priest and High Priest
  • Knight Captain | Das Knight and Imperial Knight
  • OldCP Moderator
  • Detective Inspector
  • Penguin Watch Captain

Why are you applying for the position?
I believe I am a suitable candidate. Banker is a very difficult position to handle and I believe that I have got what it takes. I have taken multiple school courses which have paid off tremendously. Three courses that I have been taking this year include the following: accounting, precalculus and career and financial management. These classes have given me the chance to deal with percentages, statistics, and ratios. All these are handy whenever looking for a Banker because they will be used on a regular basis.

How do you reach the requirements?
  • Knowledge of how to transfer gold between accounts on OldCP.
Absolutely! Over the course of the last few years I have gotten the chance to help co-own multiple bank accounts. Most of which are on the leader-board and have accumulated millions. In fact, currently, I am in control of InfernoVault which is number six on the leader-board, as of today. This means that I have had the chance to make multiple transactions which proves that I am experienced with transferring gold from one account to another.
  • Excellent reputation with OldCP administration.
Throughout the years I have gained trust from most of the users and staff team, which includes the administrators. Whenever it comes to the community rules and guidelines, I take them seriously. I have made sure to follow all orders given to me by the administrators, whenever unranked and ranked which proves my dedication towards OldCP. I believe that if someone were to be promoted, they should have a good reputation with the administration team.
  • Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and percentages. (You will be tested on this).
I am currently a high school student and have taken multiple math courses, as said previously. I have gotten the chance to write multiple checks, check over loans and create a month to month check registry. When it came to dealing with checks, I had to make sure to save out a percentage and put it into a virtual savings account. This has made sure that I am well aware and familiar with working with basic math and percentages which is required.

How you will handle the roles and responsibilities?
At first glance, I was able to tell that I could follow all the roles and responsibilities if I were to be promoted. Whenever given a position, I make sure that I understand what I am getting into. I would not want to apply for a position if I knew that I would not be a good fit. I believe that if I were to be a Banker, I could help out a lot and ease the stress that Chis might be facing in the future.

Follow the orders of the LOTB.
I have had previous experience following orders which will allow me to listen to Chis perfectly.

- As Detective, I had to listen to the Sergeant & Inspector.
- As Imperial Knight, I had to listen to the Knight Captain.

Follow the Imperial bank spreadsheet.
I have gotten the chance to work with multiple spreadsheets well in class (career & financial management). This will allow for me to easily construct and work with the Imperial Bank spreadsheet, once given out to me if I'm promoted.

Pay ranked users their monthly salary.
I have worked with check registries, as said previously. The registries allowed me to deposit payment and to transfer payments whenever I had to. This is very similar to transferring gold to the ranked users. I will be able to pay everyone and make sure they are all paid. When working with checks, I also learned how to reconcile. This allows me to compare the gold before payment and after. This means I will be able to decipher any errors rather quickly allowing for an accurate balance.

Assist the LOTB in decision making.
Whenever it comes to decision making, I will make sure to lend my opinion to Chis and the other bankers.

Use the Imperial Bank account ONLY for rank payments.
Sharing an account with such power allows for trustworthy individuals. I will make sure to only go on the account when asked by Chis.

I am relatively aware of going on accounts, only when necessary. Currently, I am the owner of Inferno, alongside Orlock, which means I deal with the agent-accounts and activity. I make sure that the agents are behaving and only go online if something is happening that needs military personnel.

To conclude in the application, I would like to say that I am not in it for the 'powers' or 'superiority'. I believe that I can help contribute my time and effort into being a banker to benefit the users. If employed, I will make sure to follow all orders given to me in a responsible manner. I truly do believe that I have got what it takes. If not employed, I will make sure to congratulate those who get accepted for the position.

- Dayton

I would also like to thank CoffeeCow for giving me permission to use her format. She also applied, and would be a great fit for the role which is why I am going to link her application so you can read it, if you haven't already. You can tell she worked very hard on her application and I believe she deserves all the positive feedback she can.

Previous Application: (helped out)
- https://forums.damenspike.com/view/60010

+1 by Pic, Brit, CoffeeCow, Pablo and 8 others

Master
838 posts
Seen 7th July 2023
2nd May 2020, 10:00 PM

Wow! I love it. I like the detail on this application. You deserve the position.
Good luck!

+1 by dayton

Login or join the forums to reply.