16th May 2020

Snaildom Moderator Application ~Jay

Made by jay in Applications

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
16th May 2020, 05:22 PM

Hello! My name is Jaden and I will be applying for the role of “Snaildom Moderator”. This application will be kept as brief as possible and short. I hope you continue to read and enjoy!

Basic Information:

Name: Jonathanitti

Timezone: EST

Discord Username: jaden#4616

Current Ranks: OldCP Moderator & Chelsey's Assistant omg!

Why do you want to apply?

I really enjoy playing Snaildom and it would be amazing and a lot of fun to help out. I'd love to enforce rules and keep Snaildom a safe place. If anyone needs help, I'll be there to assist them. I understand most of the concepts in Snaildom, consider myself trustworthy and helpful, and believe I can make a great addition to the staff team. I understand all the rules and try to give people chances and talking to people privately when they are not following the rules.

What makes you stand out?

I stand out through activity, experiences, my personality, and always conversing with the community. I love to talk with the community and find new friends to talk to in DSGHQ affiliated chats, its games, and the forums. I love to help out anyone in any way I can to support them and give them less work to do such as with the weekly Honorable Payoff votings and helping Moderators with reports. I love to joke around and bring light to the community with discussions and corny jokes.

What qualities make a good mod according to you?

To be a great moderator, you need to be active, helpful, attentive, contactable, and forgiving. Being someone who can be online a few hours a day to help users and watch for anyone not following the rules will make you a great moderator. You must also be somewhat contactable or reachable for when there are no moderators online and the community needs you. A very important quality many forget about is forgiving. Many users have made mistakes in the past, like me, and change over time. Since I'm one of those people, I love to give chances to anyone I believe has changed for the better and has learned from past mistakes. I do this by unbanning main accounts or releasing people from jail to reward them for abiding by the rules. If they've proved they can be helpful and have stopped disobeying the rules, I will use my rank to help them achieve Moderator with a recommendation. I also believe a moderator shouldn't be very serious at all times and remember to have fun. I don't like being so strict and like to joke around and have fun.

If you were picked, what are you able to bring to the team?

If I were picked, I would bring my all to the staff team. I'll do anything to help out and go out of my way to moderate when needed. I'll give advice to any first-time moderators and form new friendships within the staff team. I believe a great relationship with your peers is very important, as a group of talented people who think negative will not perform very well altogether. They are supposed to always look out for each other and maintain great friendships.

Additional info you’d like to mention:

My name is Jaden and I am fourteen years of age. I absolutely love playing Snaildom and enjoy talking to friends on the game and every other DSGHQ Platform. I do not plan on leaving anytime soon and have so much time on my hands. I will NOT leave after quarantine is over. I’ll still be here to help out. On OldCP, I am ALWAYS making sure every user feels welcome, even if they speak a different language, or feel as if they don't fit in. I'm all in about giving users opportunities, so I give chances to those who deserve it in GOM and other great events! I've learned how to properly moderate, speak with users and fellow staff, and plenty of other useful things. I've learned how to adapt to new changes in the staff team and stay informed, even if I'm unavailable to come online. Moderator definitely is my favorite rank in the game because I love moderating, helping, and enforcing the rules. Being able to help users and make sure everyone is abiding by the rules feels awesome and I am always happy whenever I get to help out. I could always do this as a regular user, but Moderator helps me do more. With experiences like 2x OldCP Moderator and Penguin Watch Captain, I know what I am expected to do and will not let anyone down.

End Note:

Thank you for reading my application. I hope I am offered the spot of Moderator and I offer the best of luck to everyone applying!

+1 by randy, SecurityGuy, Tommo, EbonJaeger and 10 others

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
16th May 2020, 06:35 PM

cutïe

+1 by jay

Rookie
2,706 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
16th May 2020, 06:52 PM

Sleddy wrote on 16th May 2020, 06:35 PM:
cutïe
Why do you have a golden rep and I dont!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
16th May 2020, 07:01 PM

Jonathan1tt1 wrote on 16th May 2020, 06:52 PM:
Quote:
Sleddy wrote on 16th May 2020, 06:35 PM:
cutïe
Why do you have a golden rep and I dont!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
@damen

+1 by jay

Login or join the forums to reply.