16th May 2020

Snaildom Mod App - Candies

Made by candy in Applications

397 posts
Seen 11th August 2023
16th May 2020, 10:24 PM

Hello everyone! Around two months ago, once quarantine started, I began to get more active around the DSGHQ community like others. If you don't know who I am, my name is Candy but many here know me as Cindy/Cynthia. Some fun facts about me are that I love to bake, I know English, Spanish, Latin and can read Hebrew, and I'm ambidextrous! I am applying for Snaildom Moderator for GOK task 2.

Name: Candies
Timezone: EST
Discord username: candy#1417
Current Ranks: None
Why I Want to Apply:
While OldCP started to become more complex in its older years, I stopped keeping up with all of the new additions, commands, crime zones, etc. However, Snaildom is a game that I am familiar in and I might even say expert in! Before its closure, I was a user of Snaildom so I know my way around and I have tons of ideas on how to improve it, guide users, and moderate the game. I'm constantly online too, even mining when I'm bored when no one's on the game. I genuinely love the originality, neatness, and simplicity of Snaildom that I want to play a part in developing it, and assisting it for the future to make it even better! I feel that as a moderator, I would have tons to offer.

What Makes me Stand Out:
Unlike some people who didn't have Snaildom before, this game isn't foreign to me. Since I know a lot about it, I can really help new users who want to explore Snaildom become comfortable with everything so they can be parts of this community. Right now, Snaildom needs an active user base. We can't have new users giving up because it's confusing or nobody is even online. I stand out because I am online a lot and always trying to share the ideas I have on discord. As a moderator, it is my job to ensure the safety of all users and make sure this game, in its beginning stages (of 2020), will make people want to be online. When anyone has a question, it's necessary to have a moderator who can guide them. I also stand out because instead of sticking to one group, I make friends with everyone which I feel like is a very good quality that a moderator should have.

What Qualities Make a Good Mod:
There are a multitude of qualities I believe makes the best mod; patience, trustworthiness, diligence, and kindness. A moderator should not have to feign patience, it is their job to help users even if it disrupts what they were doing or takes a long time. In observing moderators throughout my time in this community, the best ones always give up their time to users to make sure they are understanding and helpful. Furthermore, I think trustworthiness is crucial to being a good moderator. It is important that a mod is trusted not to abuse their commands, but most importantly not to leave for a long period of time or act inappropriately. Because of my love for Snaildom plus all of the time on my hands, I will be sure to not leave Snaildom and be fairly active everyday. I will also be sure to stay impartial and out of conflicts as it is my job to work out conflicts instead of get between them. As a moderator, it is important to be loyal to the job instead of using it to get up to another rank; if I am moderator, I would not apply for another rank or try to gain more powers. I am applying for moderator for mod responsibilities, and a moderator should be trusted to not want more power. Additionally, diligence is very important to being a moderator; a moderator should keep trying even if something goes wrong. They should be persistent and work hard to log on, help users, and overall improve the game. Not only will I be a moderator, but I will also be a positive influence that users can trust that I truly believe can help the game grow. Most importantly, I think kindness is imperative to moderation. Moderators should not act like school teachers; they should not belittle users when a rule is broken. We are all equals on this game, and so treating everyone kindly is in my eyes is the most vital characteristic. As a moderator, I would treat conflicts maturely and speak to people as I would want to be spoken. As a sensitive person, I know despite the fact it is an online game, nobody likes being mistreated, especially by people with power. I think my sense of kindness, introspection, and compassion would make me a great part of the staff team and the community as a whole.

What I Can Bring to the Team:
I have a myriad of ideas to share to Snaildom that can benefit the community and make the job of the staff easier. These ideas prove that I am a very thoughtful person who puts effort into each obstacle I am tasked with. I feel like the moderators on Snaildom at the moment are doing a great job and I hardly see any rule breaking, but I feel as if I could be a fresh face to the community and really make it fun to play! I am collaborative; while working well independently is important, in my eyes the key to success is working well with other people. I am a great communicator and I'm never scared to reach out and address many people. In my eyes I am a good friend, which is a very important aspect of moderation. I want people to feel comfortable talking to me whenever they need to, even if I don't know them, and I am a very good listener. Everyone has something special to offer, so being part of the staff team involves creating an environment in which you can bring out the best in everybody.

Additional Information:
I really enjoy Snaildom and I think the game has so much potential, and it is fun to play even when nobody is online. So, I won't be inactive and I won't leave after quarantine ends. Although I think experience shouldn't define how well you can moderate, I will share some to prove that promoting me would not be random and that I have been trusted prior to this. I was a moderator, free fighter, Lady of the Bank, knight, and more. I didn't lose these ranks to misbehavior, but simple resignation around 2018 and 2019. Clearly, I am very passionate about moderating and becoming a key part to the community. I can make most events, which is helpful because that is the time moderators are most needed. Hopefully I can improve the user base beyond just events and make it as active as OldCP was in its prime! I also think it's important to add that my love of linguistics can definitely help in moderation, and it is also helpful that I know many different languages. I really hope I can be considered for moderator, and good luck to the competitors of GOK!
Thanks everyone for reading. If you'd like, please give feedback because this is my first time applying in a while. (:

+1 by Swirlie, Sam , jay, kensey and 5 others

Login or join the forums to reply.