DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
17th May 2020, 06:43 PM

Name: Jake01
Timezone: GMT
Discord Username: Jake01#0112
Current Ranks: OldCP Moderator; Forums Moderator; Snaildom Beta Tester.

Why I want to apply:

Not only do I possess the conventional traits needed to qualify for the Moderator rank, such as a 3-5 hour/week activity rate, I am also able to make people feel welcome and comfortable. Everyone is treated by me as I wish to be treated. Furthermore, I encourage adequate behaviour throughout every user I meet - whether they are a friend or not. This firm, rational thinking is what I believe helps further my likelihood of qualifying. My ability to perceive situations with logic and eloquence rather emotion also contributes towards efficient and convincing decision-making. Additionally, the aforementioned recognitions and ranks adumbrate my versatility; such a trait is important for any rank in this community, not just Moderator. As I previously emphasised, my versatile qualifications are key. Not only do they make me seem an admirable candidate, but it also allows me to demonstrate why I am an ideal candidate. In addition, the GMT timezone has always been a challenge for DSGHQ to find staff who live within this geographic time frame. Since there is only less than a handful of staff who live in this timezone, I think I would be a great asset to the team since I can help improve overall moderation activity during the "dark hours" of the game.

What makes me stand out:

The fact that I have been bestowed such trust upon myself in the form of being a Snaildom Beta Tester already gives me such an edge against other potential candidates. It must also not be gone without saying that the longevity of my stay in this community is a trait highly sought after in jobs like these - a timespan of 6yrs demonstrates my undisputed experience and knowledge of how things work around here. As a 3 time GOM finalist, one being with a team I have recruited and ran from scratch with a great bunch of teammates, I must emphasise that all the qualities for me becoming a mod are on the table. Furthermore, my timezone would sort out problems before they even start: As Snaildom begins to pick up the pace in terms of activity, a timezone like mine would be online at times when the EST-dominated community is asleep in the so-called "Dark hours", where they may well in fact be some users practising dark and rule-breaking activities which must be tended to fittingly.

What qualities make a good mod, according to me:

From my scope of view, a good moderator must be able to enunciate themselves clearly to the users they interact with; this is because communication is a stark quality needed to become a good moderator due to the fact that you will have to discuss things with fellow staff members as well as sorting out any issues at ground level with other users. As well as this, something I have seen in myself is my ability to think rationally and make sure any emotional bias doesn't get the better of me. The aforementioned is something essential in a moderator as a moderator must only think about the situation at hand - whether your friends are caught in the middle of them. A moderator, without any hint of a doubt, must be able to perform their judgements and their actions when they have considered everything with the best logical rundowns for the situation at hand. Whilst a high activity rate and a higher amount of experience is expected as the bare minimum for a rank like this, the ability for a moderator to make sure the experience they had playing before mod has become better the day they aren't - and that is something they should also be proud of for working towards with all their might.

What I would bring to the team if I were picked:

It has been seen by fellow staff members, as both an OldCP and Forums moderator, that I bring excellent communication skills to the team. I confirm anything that must be confirmed, I discuss things with my team and I also bring things back to basics like I do with users I encounter - a simple conversation or a simple bit of banter helps you understand and get along with users in such clearer colour, as I am not only making them feel welcome in my company, but I am able to get to know how the world works around them as it does with I. My timezone also brings a unique twist, for I am often online to see out the hours in which my EST staffmates aren't online and I also catch the primetime for EST as it is around midnight for me.

Additonal information:

I would like to specify that if I am picked for an interview, I cannot do it via VC. Also, I have a few references for my application which will be stated below:

1) Tommo
2) Tasha
3) Swirlie

Thanks for reading! Constructive feedback is welcome!

+1 by Pablo, Tommo, Swirlie, valentin and 14 others

rachel
41 posts
Seen 7th June 2023
17th May 2020, 07:29 PM

Good luck!!

+1 by Jake01 and Brit

397 posts
Seen 11th August 2023
17th May 2020, 08:05 PM

Ok first of all good luck this is really good, second of all I bet your essays for school slap so much cuz I searched up the definition of some of the words you used, third of all love ur pfp

+1 by V, Jake01 and randy, -1 by Xvoid

shutup
Master
586 posts
Seen 24th October 2021
18th May 2020, 03:23 AM

listen i aint read this at all cuz im lazy but i know its bomb gl

+1 by Jake01

DJ
Master
2,814 posts
Seen 24th May 2023
18th May 2020, 11:40 AM

Cindie wrote on 17th May 2020, 08:05 PM:
Ok first of all good luck this is really good, second of all I bet your essays for school slap so much cuz I searched up the definition of some of the words you used, third of all love ur pfp

First of all thanks, second of all they seem to slap and third of all WHY AM I IN YOUR'S?!?!?

+1 by candy

Login or join the forums to reply.