18th May 2020

My Experience with P3D

Made by Mercer in Penguin3D

Donec mors nos separaveri
1,013 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th May 2020, 06:58 AM

Hello everyone,
I usually don't make posts like these, but I decided that I wanted to try a new format (+ I want to hit gold rep), so I've decided to do something a little different today:

I just logged on P3D for the first time ever today, and I want to share my experience and my first impression on the game. So, here goes:

Upon downloading P3D, I was met with this gorgeous main screen that prompted me to make an account.

Being an OldCP celebrity myself, surely someone had already taken my name in order to impersonate me. There was no way that-

Moving on.

After quickly making my account, I then logged on the game for the very first time.

But then, I saw a horrid sight. One that almost made leave the game immediately.

While dabbing is a cardinal sin and is punishable by death, I decided to be forgiving and I moved on with the game.

I was then met with a sign with a creepy face that offered me free stuff.

I feel like my mom warned me about this, but it seemed legit, so I took a step inside.

Inside, every item had a price tag, except for the sunglasses.

Excited to cop my first piece of clothing, I quickly tried to pick a pair of red sunglasses, but alas, fate had other plans.

It too, cost gold nuggets.

Disappointed with the lie I had been fed, I succumbed to the capitalist ideals and decided to get a job.

As I was walking around trying to find a place that would pay me and admiring the snow that had just started to fall, I stumbled across a familiar sight: A Tour Booth

Curious, I circled around the back, and just as I guessed, there was a Tour Guide hat, waiting for me to pick it up.

And with that, I had my first piece of clothing, and I was now looking pretty stylish.

Not to mention adorable.

Anyway, I then stumbled across the Mine, and with my knowledge from watching 2 and a half Damen P3D livestreams, I deduced that I could make gold here.

The cold was starting to get to me and, while it was stylish, the hat did not, unfortunately, protect me from the elements, and so I stepped inside the Mines.

I quickly found a hard hat and a pickaxe conveniently placed in the mining carts. I put them on, and got ready to work.

Did I mention how adorable my penguin looks?

Anyway, I then climbed through the hole in front of me, and got to work.

As I went on to explore the cave, I was soon met with a warning sign.

But, as is tradition in the DSGHQ community,

So I continued to venture forth.

I traversed through the mines, finding a blue and a black camp, probably from the trained cavers that died here, like the warning sign told me about.

I'm sure I'll be fine though.

I carefully traversed through the caves and the landscape, showing great care in each step I took and tried with every fiber of my being to not-

Aaand I had already fallen down a hole.

Surprised I hadn't died from the fall (as Damen's livestreams have taught me), I used the map to teleport back to the Mines and quickly got back to where I was.

As I traversed through claustrophobia-triggering caves, I finally came across what seemed to be gold.

Upon slamming my pickaxe into the slab for approximately 3 minutes, I realized that I wasn't going to find gold here.

Disappointed, I started making my way back when I randomly hit the wall and realized that I could have mined any wall in the cave.

I kept digging, and after what seemed like an eternity, I had accumulated exactly 10 pieces of iron ore.

I visited the forge like the chat had prompted me to every time I picked up an iron ore.

I did what you usually do at a forge: Find a hammer and a black electric guitar.

I wanted to keep going, but I had to log off because I had online class.

Conclusion:

Overall, the game was pretty fun and really smooth, even when I had the graphics on Ultra settings. Even though I've barely scratched the surface of this game, I can already tell that it has a lot of potential, and I have to commend Damen on the spectacular job he's done with making P3D.

Granted, the game has a few kinks here and there that could be fixed, such as the lack of a "Settings" option, lack of sprinting, and that loud noise that happens for a split second when you first log on, but that didn't detract the overall fun I had while playing the game.

If the game were given some more polish and a few quality-of-life updates, the game would be pretty marketing-friendly, and it has the potential to be a really viable alternative to all the CPPS'es that have been closed down, and maybe even OldCP itself.

And if Damen were to make a mobile version of the game and submit it to the Google Play Store, P3D would be able to reach a much bigger audience.

This post turned out to be longer than expected, but I had fun making it. Should I make a Part 2 of this? Let me know in the comments.

Cheers,
Orbay

+1 by kace, Julianhak, Damen, BoxHeadChopper and 17 others

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th May 2020, 09:27 AM

It aint much, but its honest work

P3D itself to me

+1 by Brit, Pablo, kace, EbonJaeger and 9 others

IKEA Swedish Meatballs
Master
492 posts
Seen 5th October 2020
18th May 2020, 10:52 AM

This could be the beginning of a great saga, Orbay. I hope you keep going! :D

+1 by Mercer

Banned
2,542 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
18th May 2020, 02:13 PM

P3d is less laggy than OldCP, and honestly it's more fun. I understand that OldCP has history attatched to it, but P3d has potential, OldCP is past it's prime and has no more room for growth, it's running on borrowed time.

I think we should make P3d the main game of the Dsghq.

+1 by Mercer and Zaron

Saviour of Dunes
Master
524 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
18th May 2020, 06:51 PM

Great post orbay, i can guide you on Penguin3D if you'd like :)

+1 by Mercer

DENNIS NEDRY-2020
14 posts
Seen 20th July 2022
19th May 2020, 12:45 PM

HAHA YOU ARE FUNNY

Now join my campaign

Login or join the forums to reply.