23rd August 2020

Common Good - Zen

Made by zenny in Applications

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd August 2020, 11:54 PM

Following the guidelines stated in the post made by Chelsey about the Cabinet reset and seeing as I'm looking to remain at my post as one of the three Common Good representatives, I'm going to share with you all one of my proposals that I feel would make the game better. The proposal, created on the 14th of June, had 9 upvotes by various members of the Cabinet and so I deemed it fit to share.

Suggestion: Bi-Yearly Revivals

Known by Cabinet members as Seasonal Revivals, this idea was suggested by me. The current revival rules are extremely strict and, after reviewing them, I thought of a new idea: Bi-yearly revivals.

What are bi-yearly revivals?
Twice a year a mass revival would take place. With that being said, bi-yearly revivals would give a chance for users who died unfairly to receive the revive they would otherwise likely never get. There would be guidelines in place to prevent people who died via fighting/punishment from getting revived. No disrespect to Julian but he's stated multiple times that being Lord of Death stresses him out and sometimes forgets to revive people or declines people even if they had unfair deaths. An example being, a moderator would be revived after a certain number of days but a regular user whose died in the same way would have to wait weeks.

Why?
I truthfully feel as though this would take a load off his shoulders considering he's bombarded with about 20 death appeals per day. The revival months would be June, December. Essentially every 6 months.

When will a User be disapproved from a mass-revival?

- In the event of execution
- In the event of fighting during war
- In the event of refusing to log on an ALT
- In the event of toxicity after death
- In the event of murdering innocents

How will this take place? How will you know who the revive and who shouldn't be?
Users would submit the username of the account they want revived in a google docs form, along with the date and time of death. Very much like the standard death appeal except an appeal team of up to 3 users would take turns reviewing deaths and determining whether or not they were deserved or unfair. If need be, a panel would converge to discuss their feeling(s) about the user being revived and determine as a group if they should be added to the list of revivals. And hopefully someone with database could work that coding mojo thingy and make it happen, much like how it happened in the past.

What if cinema shows a user is glitched, or accidentally killed?
Eyewitnesses will be contacted and asked if it was a true glitch. Accidental deaths can't necessarily be accidental as, if there is fighting going on, it's basically your decision to stay and watch. ALTs are fine but they wouldn't be revived. Main accounts? Not being revived.

So... yeah! That's essentially a more thought-out version of my proposal. Sorry for any grammatical errors, I was half-asleep when the announcement came out and rushed upstairs to type this... anyways yeah!

+1 by George, Chelsey, Varai, Zes and 13 others
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

shutup
Master
586 posts
Seen 24th October 2021
24th August 2020, 12:20 AM

people would treat these times of year like christmas frfr

+1 by zenny and Narcissa

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th August 2020, 06:45 PM

"In the event of toxicity after death"

you got salty when you died so you're not getting revived lol

All of these reasons would leave a handful of completely useless accounts to be revived. If it's a "mass revival" then revive everyone.

Also, you expect someone to go through every single goddamn person just to see if they're "disapproved"?

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th August 2020, 07:34 PM

Alatar wrote on 24th August 2020, 06:45 PM:
"In the event of toxicity after death"
you got salty when you died so you're not getting revived lol
All of these reasons would leave a handful of completely useless accounts to be revived. If it's a "mass revival" then revive everyone.
Also, you expect someone to go through every single goddamn person just to see if they're "disapproved"?

'toxicity after death' means if they become really violent, say for example, cursing someone out and wishing them death. yeah, that wouldn't lead to revival. why should they be rewarded after being incredibly rude?
not everyone would get revived. why should people who willingly fight and die or get executed get revived in a revival? makes no sense. they can get revived in one of the other go-arounds but not then. and it says alt accounts wouldn't be revived.
lastly, i said a group of up to 3-4 would be in charge in going over who should be revived and who shouldn't be. its very much like what you help julian with in the death appeal things.
and by the way... you could've come up with a much kinder way to write that reply. this was just a snippet from a suggestion thats still in the works, no need to get snappy lol

+1 by sel, Narcissa and candy
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

im not religious
538 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
25th August 2020, 07:01 PM

zes wrote on 24th August 2020, 12:20 AM:
people would treat these times of year like christmas frfr

HAHAH

Login or join the forums to reply.