Ebon's Cabinetry Application

Made by EbonJaeger in Applications

IKEA Swedish Meatballs
Master
492 posts
Seen 5th October 2020
4th September 2020, 10:31 AM

Hello,

I am applying for a Cabinet position as a representative of either the Common Good or Independent branch.

Currently, if a user wants to get better at or experience combat, they have two options: Jousting, or waiting for a war. Jousting has a few limitations, perhaps the biggest of which is the need for someone able to start them to be present, and they have a limit of 10 per hour. My first thought was to implement a dueling system similar to World of Warcraft but then decided that it would be simpler to just tweak the current Joust system. I would propose either setting the current Joust limit higher or removing it altogether. Additionally, allowing more people to initiate jousts would be beneficial. It could even go as far as allowing users to challenge each other, more like an actual dueling system than a normal joust.

My original proposal was to implement a system where users can challenge each other to safe combat, like in a Joust (meaning, they don't die if they lose). Most of the existing joust system can likely be re-used for this. Ideally, the initiating user would run a command like `/duel <username>`, and the receiving user would get a pop-up message where they can accept or decline the challenge, with a timeout until the challenge is automatically declined. Additionally, these duels should not count towards the Joust limit. If it were accepted, a full design specification could be drafted to help make implementation easier.

These ideas aim to make combat a little more accessible to everyone without having to worry about using alts or dying.

Thank you for reading and considering this application!

+1 by eugee, CoffeeCow, Brit, Rachell and 5 others

ded
26 posts
Seen 29th October 2020
5th September 2020, 01:05 PM

just me or Sword Art Online vibes..?

oh no..

shutup
Master
586 posts
Seen 24th October 2021
5th September 2020, 01:53 PM

Would duelling put u and the other user in a seperate room alone? If not then other users would be at risk. But the idea slaps and also joust limit is 50 per hour now

+1 by EbonJaeger

IKEA Swedish Meatballs
Master
492 posts
Seen 5th October 2020
5th September 2020, 02:33 PM

zes wrote on 5th September 2020, 01:53 PM:
Would duelling put u and the other user in a seperate room alone? If not then other users would be at risk. But the idea slaps and also joust limit is 50 per hour now
Glad to hear about the limit increase! :D

Teleporting them to another room (a joust room maybe?) would probably be a good idea. Starting a joust from another room does this already, right?

Login or join the forums to reply.