3rd January 2021

Sled

Made by Cristal in Reports

hot eyebrows
Master
1,101 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
3rd January 2021, 12:24 AM

NOT INTENDED TO CAUSE DRAMA THIS IS A LEGITIMATE REPORT. please don’t delete.

I know this will not go anywhere because of the deep rooted nepotism in the community, but I would just like to properly rant and make a report on sled and other staff members after today.

When I was a forums/oldcp staff member, I tried my best to make sure everything was transparent between users and staff. I didn’t want any user to feel like they were being accused or punished for something they didn’t do without directly talking to them about it and trying to solve it with evidence and proof.

If a user asked an administrator or another moderator if they could talk to the moderator that banned them to clear things up, the correct thing to do is give them the moderators contact info so they could resolve things in private. This leaves the users voice heard and the moderator being able to directly assist them.

Basically what happened was that I joined the CO chat after someone unbanned me because I was banned for no reason. I tried to ask multiple staff members if they could assist me and tell me who it is so I didn’t have to bother them in a public chat. I wasn’t trying to cause any drama.

Sled turned me down very quickly, and told me it was not necessary for me to know who banned me.. even though I didn’t even know why I was banned. I kept asking her why I couldn’t know who banned me and she never gave me a direct answer.

I got fed up because I was really upset that Sled and Dice weren’t giving me any proper information OR transparency about my ban.. after I asked multiple times. I wasn’t trying to cause drama, but I got really mad when they wouldn’t cooperate with me and let me talk to the moderator myself. I wasn’t comfortable with Dice or Sled handling my problem, I wanted to do it privately with the moderator that banned me and not in the CO chat, since dice and sled were practically ganging up on me near the end and invalidating my report.

Through all of this, I was not notified by any staff member that I was AOS. No one asked me questions about what had happened yesterday and assumed things that were not true. None of the staff directly spoke to me however about the issue at all.

I think it is a serious problem that users are rarely ever involved when it comes to reports on them, they don’t even get a chance to clear their name because a forums mod will end up deleting their post or shut them down when they try to. That’s not fair at all, and it’s very bias. Just because you have a perspective or belief of someone and who they are, doesn’t mean that perspective is accurate. If you are making decisions based on a bias and hate/negativity, you are just as bad as the people you are trying to keep out of the community. The only difference is that YOU have power and I don’t.

Anyways after I kept telling Sled and Dice that my problem was not resolved and I was not happy with what happened, they banned me. They would rather protect a staff member that didn’t properly do their job instead of helping a user that was genuinely confused about the ban and wanting to know who banned. They banned me because they didn’t want to hear my concerns. So that is why I am making a public report about this.

In no way shape or form was I trying to cause drama when I was asking MULTIPLE TIMES for info on who banned me so I could deal with it myself, since I was banned for no reason. I have done this many times before, the way sled and others dealt with this issue made me very upset.

Sled, when you said you moved onto bigger and better things.. is this what you meant?

and yes I will repost this again if you delete it. thanks.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733125641339142145/795133462486056980/image1.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733125641339142145/795133462084452382/image0.png

If you want to see the rest of the proof and what I said, check CO chat.

+1 by Brit, CPBiter, Miromeski, zenny and 14 others
Foot

Donec mors nos separaveri
1,013 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd January 2021, 04:19 AM

If a moderator bans you, regardless of reason, you have every right to know who banned you.

Having witnessed these events myself, I can say that the way Cristal's request was incredibly poor, and downright embarrassing. The hoops that they had to jump through just to avoid disclosing the moderator that banned you was just, sad.

Cristal, I'm sorry that your only experience on Oldcp for a good while had to turn out like this, but I'm afraid the staff team has been like this for a long time, and since Saber's resignation from the CO, the CO chat has been no different.

I don't know if Damen intends to do anything about this, but something must be done. Be it an evaluation, to a complete overhaul of the staff team.

+1 by Cristal, Horse, bakon, Jdutr and 6 others

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
3rd January 2021, 08:28 AM

Issue resolved

+1 by Brit, Sled, zenny, Miromeski and 1 other

Login or join the forums to reply.