7th February 2021

Forums Ban Appeal

Made by t0mdawg in Banned

Rookie
1 posts
Seen 19th August 2021
7th February 2021, 01:09 PM

Since one of the community administrators can't take the time to add me on discord to discuss my ban on here, I'm gonna have to make this post to give my input on why my recent ban was unfair. I was banned under the reason 'spam disliking', which as you know is when 3 posts (the limit) are disliked one after the other. In the last 4 days, I have disliked 2 of someone's posts and have been banned under this reason for an act I didn't even carry out. I was falsely banned for the same reason last week as well, in which Terry removed the ban shortly after and the staff said they wouldn't take this approach again unless I actually spam disliked, which as I already pointed out would be if I disliked over 3 posts inside of 24 hours. Another thing I'd like to point out is that Sriram received so many dislikes for his raps and no one ever took any action and none of y'all can argue that this isn't double standards.

I'd like to be unbanned, and given a second apology for this clearly false ban. Thanks to Eiven for trying to resolve the issue already but it's not gonna be fixed due to someone's personal grudges against me.

Thanks

+1 by Cristal, rouge, EpicAnimatorGuy, Pic and 19 others, -1 by DaN

hot eyebrows
Master
1,101 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
7th February 2021, 01:15 PM

You can’t ban people for disliking one post every few days. If you accumulate the amount of times people disliked each others post.. the whole community would be banned for it. It’s not fair that tom is being wrongly banned for something he didn’t do.

Alatar and Frogs used to get warned 3 times for spam disliking (literal spam disliking) and then banned. What happened to the 3 warn = ban rule? Why did tom get banned so quickly for disliking ONE post.

There’s a difference between banning someone because you were mad they disliked your post vs spam disliking (disliking 3+ posts in a whole day). If tom disliked 3+ posts IN A DAY after being warned, that’s a different story. However, forums staff do not have evidence of this.
Quote:
Rouge11
Tom disliked a post made by Little on 2nd February at 10:41AM, on the 6th February

+1 by EpicAnimatorGuy, , Pic, Jesse and 9 others
Foot

Saviour of Dunes
Master
524 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th February 2021, 02:12 PM

I disliked someone's post only once and got warned :(

+1 by Cristal, Alatar, Miromeski, Faith and 7 others

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th February 2021, 03:06 PM

Cristal412 wrote on 7th February 2021, 01:15 PM:
You can’t ban people for disliking one post every few days. If you accumulate the amount of times people disliked each others post.. the whole community would be banned for it. It’s not fair that tom is being wrongly banned for something he didn’t do.
Alatar and Frogs used to get warned 3 times for spam disliking (literal spam disliking) and then banned. What happened to the 3 warn = ban rule? Why did tom get banned so quickly for disliking ONE post.
There’s a difference between banning someone because you were mad they disliked your post vs spam disliking (disliking 3+ posts in a whole day). If tom disliked 3+ posts IN A DAY after being warned, that’s a different story. However, forums staff do not have evidence of this.
Quote:
Quote:
Rouge11
Tom disliked a post made by Little on 2nd February at 10:41AM, on the 6th February

I rarely get warned for anything; you literally just gave a primary example of why.

If I were to dislike more than a few posts in the interval of like 2 days, I'd be banned for a week.

It's not fair by any stretch of the word, and it's petty on the part of the moderator team. I rarely get out of breaking the rules without some sort of hard consequences, though, I'm not the favorite.

This is extremely outrageous and I want to see something done about it.

+1 by Cristal, Faith, Brit and Tommo

find comfort in the chaos
Master
796 posts
Seen 6th June 2022
7th February 2021, 03:46 PM

yeah, I just think it’s an unfair ban mainly because even Damen said on a discussion that your first ban should’ve never happened. it’s ok to like posts if you don’t agree with them, and you weren’t spamming or disliking as many as you used to.

if the same moderator as last time is responsible for this, i would like to see action taken by the forums administration because this is just petty judgement in my opinion.

+1 by Cristal, Brit, Pic and Tommo

Master
796 posts
Seen 6th June 2022
7th February 2021, 03:48 PM

Loki wrote on 7th February 2021, 03:43 PM:
Hi Tom.
You were banned for spam disliking. The rules are vague about what spam disliking is, so it does not necessarily have to be disliking more than three posts within 24 hours. My interpretation of spam disliking is if someone shows a strong pattern in their disliking behavior. Ex: Disliking pretty much every new post a person makes, particularly when the post is not harmful or disagreeable.
You received one warning for you spam disliking towards Little, and then you continued to do it throughout the length of a week. The forums staff did not receive the evidence of your spam disliking sooner as Little was banned for a few days and could not access her account notifications or make any new posts.
You were not banned due to any staff member holding a "personal grudge" against you.
Hope this clears things up.

Where was this energy when Lex and Sriram were getting spam dislikes on their posts? Just wondering.

+1 by Sled, Cristal, Brit, WhiteGengar and 2 others

hot eyebrows
Master
1,101 posts
Seen 1st June 2023
7th February 2021, 03:52 PM

Hi Tom.
You were banned for spam disliking. The rules are vague about what spam disliking is, so it does not necessarily have to be disliking more than three posts within 24 hours. My interpretation of spam disliking is if someone shows a strong pattern in their disliking behavior. Ex: Disliking pretty much every new post a person makes, particularly when the post is not harmful or disagreeable.
You received one warning for you spam disliking towards Little, and then you continued to do it throughout the length of a week. The forums staff did not receive the evidence of your spam disliking sooner as Little was banned for a few days and could not access her account notifications or make any new posts.
You were not banned due to any staff member holding a "personal grudge" against you.

When I asked for proof, no one gave me the proof to give to Tom. Disliking TWO posts in the span of a week (Feb 2nd-Feb 7th) is not spam disliking. This was an unfair ban on Toms part.

When I was a forums mod, spam disliking meant disliking peoples post 3+ times in a row and that’s what the rule has been clearly understood by people and users of the community. It’s unfair to Tom that you are banning him and then saying “well the rules are vague.” Okay? And? That doesn’t change the fact that you’re supposed to warn 3 times (i.e giving DETAILED mails of why a person is warned and explaining the rule) and then ban, minus serious things like swearing. No one on the staff team has done this and instead banned tom. What I find even more weird is that Eiven had to do most of the heavy work for you, and deal with my complaints because you wouldn’t.

All of a sudden it’s fair to ban someone, give them no clarity.. and then give them the same ban length you would to someone who committed inapp actions?

*EDIT* ALSO!!! THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BANNING SOMEONE FOR DISLIKING A POST FOR “NO REASON” AND SPAM DISLIKING. MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

+1 by Brit, Pic and Tommo
Foot

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
7th February 2021, 03:54 PM

Saber574 wrote on 7th February 2021, 03:48 PM:
Quote:
Hi Tom.
Where was this energy when Lex and Sriram were getting spam dislikes on their posts? Just wondering.

It's actually a newer rule, it was added back in 2019 I believe.

+1 by Faith and Loki, -1 by Brit

Master
796 posts
Seen 6th June 2022
7th February 2021, 04:19 PM

Sleddy wrote on 7th February 2021, 03:54 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Tom.

Ohhhh, I see.

I just think that if Tom gets in trouble, those same people who spam disliked other people's posts like Lex's as shown here should receive the same treatment. I just don't think it's right that Tom is getting in trouble because you guys like Little, but don't like Lex. That's just my opinion though.

+1 by Cristal, Pic, Tommo and izuno

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
7th February 2021, 04:27 PM

Saber574 wrote on 7th February 2021, 04:19 PM:
Quote:
Sleddy wrote on 7th February 2021, 03:54 PM:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Tom.
Ohhhh, I see.
I just think that if Tom gets in trouble, those same people who spam disliked other people's posts like Lex's as shown here should receive the same treatment. I just don't think it's right that Tom is getting in trouble because you guys like Little, but don't like Lex. That's just my opinion though.
Lex was famous for posting "demanding/unpleasant" replies which earned him some dislikes as seen in those pictures. I believe the difference here is that Little was targeted for her past actions, looking at how most (but not all, certainly) of her posts were not necessarily "unpleasant". But you do bring up a really good point. The rules are VERY vague and I hate it and I can't sit here and act like I know 100% what I'm talking about because sometimes I can't and this is a time when I can't, hence the quotes around unpleasant. What deems a post worthy of a dislike? The rules are unclear, but the goal, by looking at what my fellow staff members have said, was to stop users from disliking a post based on personal reasons and not the content of the post. I hope this helps, but I can't make any decisions about the ban since it was made by an administrator.

+1 by Faith and Loki, -1 by Cristal and Seth

CEO of Lorefiix
Master
2,037 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
7th February 2021, 04:30 PM

Okay, I'm just gonna put MY point of view on the whole situation, Then I will Lock the discussion.

(If you have a problem with what I am saying, you're choice to dislike or like this is fully fine, and will not offend me)

I understand both sides of the story. On the Staff side, they feel as if it was counted as spam as almost (not saying all of them) every post Little or loki, not sure if Loki is a victim, possibly might be, was disliked. The screenshots that were provided as evidence shows that Tom was disliking posts made by Loki and Little over the current days. But in the screenshots, Tom only Disliked either 1 or 2 in ONE day.

I understand each and every persons annoyance to the matter, and trust me, I have been trying to sort this out, but it seems in this matter I'm on my own side (Which I'm okay with)

I have said that it would've been better if Tom was just let off with a WARNING, and if he were to carry on, a ban would've been taken place.

I respect Tom's discussion as i believe anyone has a right to disagree with what they think isn't right. To that I have no problem. I also believe that the person who did BAN Tom is to speak to them in Private and not make public Drama about it.

Note: If you the staff member do not like this Member, does not mean you shouldn't talk to them. You should resolve matters no matter the consequence as it is OUR job.

If any of you have a problem you wish to be resolved OTHER than this. Please feel free to either mail me, or message me on Discord.

Like i said, I am seeing this from my own perspective, no one elses.

+1 by Sled, Cristal, Faith, Brit and 4 others

Quote:
Lol and fart

Login or join the forums to reply.