28th February 2021

Late Fiction February Submission

Made by Shepherd in The Lounge

Just a Wild Thing
788 posts
Seen 9th August 2023
28th February 2021, 02:37 PM

Yes, I’m aware the competition is over and this is too late for an official submission... I just wanted to share lol

-

I suppose my days are numbered, that is the thought that was running through my head. I continued to ponder this in the fleeting moments of my life, a fitting end for a boy born in the small town of Hearts Creek, Iowa. My wrists bound by twine, now blood soaked from the vicious struggle that ensued shortly before my capture. It all made for a rather comical welcome into oblivion in such a small, backwater town such as Hearts Creek.

They lifted me now, sparing little time for my impending death, onto a large wooden totem pole and wrapped me in yet some more bailing twine. All the fight in me had vanished the moment I watched them murder my family right in front of my eyes, the horrible sight of my Father gurgling and gasping for air through the massive wound gashed across his neck would forever be etched into the back of my eyelids, however much longer forever would be.

Tufts of hay we’re scattered at my feet and around the rest of the totem pole. I suppose I had always preferred being burnt alive rather than drowning... what can I say, I might as well greet the afterlife with a sense of humor. The torch was being lit now as the crowd of them gathered around me. They were clad in either tuxedos or dresses, sporting what appeared to be masquerade masks to hide who they really are... who knew the monsters weren’t some looming, ugly beast of our nightmares, but rather those who walked among us, dressed dapper no less.

“We have one question for you, Mr. Johnston.” Said a man now approaching me, torch in hand. I lifted my head to meet his gaze, though my left eye had swelled shut from the beating I had taken. No response was necessary at this point. “What were you doing with our Lord, our Saviour... our God?!” He boomed, coming within centimeters of my face now. His breath smelled of coffee and cigarettes, how pleasant. I simply laughed at his attempts to intimidate me, knowing regardless of the outcome, I would die.

“I suppose you are resigned to your fate, sir. Before we light you up...” he paused to snicker to himself a bit... what a sick man. “We will now bring her out to witness your death, our God, Pollywog!” He shouted, as the crowd around him roared in unison. This was all very confusing now... Pollywog? That’s my dog, what the hell. I figured they had killed her too, never mind that, how the hell did they know my dogs name?

A few second passed and finally, the crowd parted, and right up the middle trotted my beloved pit bull, Pollywog. “This... this is what you killed my family for? Because you think I enslaved your God? My god damn dog?!” I screamed, rage coursing through my veins, but these ropes wouldn’t give even a bit in my struggle. “This is not your dog, but yes, and she will be the one to carry out your execution, Mr. Johnston”, he calmly replied.

I have seen crazy things in my life, I watched as the planes struck the Twin Towers on 9/11, so many times I’ve watched as the world seemed on the brink of war and it’s eventual collapse. But what happened next were as though it was something straight from a science fiction movie. An aura of blue light seemed to surround my dog now, lighting the entirety of the clearing in the woods that surrounded this bizarre event. Her paws lifted from the ground as she began to float, almost comically, in the air, and levitated towards me.

A voice from nowhere in particular and everywhere in general, filled the air. It was deep and sultry, almost like a weathered country singer. “Danny, it is true you have kept me inside your home for these last few years”, the disembodied voice continued as the crowd watched on with glee, “and those years, were the best of my life. These people here, in no way shape or form, represent me as the God I am, Anubis.” She paused now, turning to meet the crowd, her aura of blue had turned to a deep, crimson red.

“You have made a mockery of me, you have tormented this boy and killed his family, and you all shall pay.” Her voice dropped even deeper. The crowds grins had turned to utter horror as they watched their “God” turn on them. Before I could even blink my eyes the entire crowd of them shot up in flames, as the screams of agony ensued. It was utter chaos, and then silence.

Pollywog turned back to me now, her aura returning to the warm blue it had once been. “My son, you shall be transported back to your home amongst your living family at my command, you will have no recollection of this event or even my existence, as I have better things to do then deal with you humans” she said sternly. “I love you, Pollywog, so much that maybe even your divine intervention is not enough to make me forget” I replied.

She wagged her tail and dropped back to the ground, that big, goofy smile I had come to know and love spread across her face. The ropes around me had disappeared now as I dropped to one knee to pet my beloved dog one more time. “Goodbye, Danny”, she said.

+1 by Narcissa, -1 by valentin

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
1st March 2021, 02:40 AM

How Horrific !

Login or join the forums to reply.