21st March 2021

Stop Cross-Platform Banning

Made by Alatar in Banned

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st March 2021, 04:52 AM

Lets say that I get arrested in England. We'll say it's something minor, like DUI. Now let's say that, I show up to court, pay my fine, or whatever the hell it is you do in that wack ass country. Now lets say I go to America, and when I legally immigrate, I get arrested for the exact same charge.

Did I do anything wrong in the borders of American Government? No. Did I technically break the American laws if I committed a crime in England? No. And god forbid I get punished TWICE AS HARD FOR THE SAME GODDAMN CRIME.

Now sure, let's say it's something more drastic. Terrorism. I blew up a Gas Station, and moved to England after escaping, what have you. Now I go to England, and England immediately has me arrested for the same crime. That makes sense. Because it's a much larger offense. But rare.

Stop banning people on the public forums for something they did in a game. They did their goddamn time in the game, and they don't need to be punished twice. "Too severe". Yeah right. Kiss my ass. Like killing someone on OldCP amounts to saying a slur publicly on the forums. Go to hell.

+1 by kace, eugee and Stryke

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st March 2021, 04:56 AM

Before you write your ingenious comment about how if "a user does something extreme in a game, they probably need to be removed from the forums." That applies to certain scenarios, and those scenarios aren't the ones I'm referring to, and you god damn know it. I'm talking about minor offenses.

- I should also add that also, I am talking mainly about rules that CAN OR HAVE ONLY BEEN BROKEN IN ONE PARTICULAR GAME OR PLACE.

If you ban someone for saying slurs on the game here, that's fine. But banning someone for something like "Murder" is absolutely outrageous. And it helps nothing, because it's not like they're going to be able to break the same rule within the forums or another game.

hi
647 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st March 2021, 05:26 AM

This isnt real life, also the community does not differ much from the games and forums, so if you do something pretty bad you should be banned cross-platform, but I agree with the point that if someone murders in Oldcp they shouldn't be banned cross platform.

+1 by kace and Jake01

oh.
740 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st March 2021, 10:11 AM

Basically what Miro said- I don't believe people who kill should receive cross-platform bans, I only believe it should happen if they cyberbully/troll/etc. because it limits their ability to do so.

Secondly, please calm down. I see why you're upset but I don't see any reason to be so aggressive. It's just pixels, there's no true harm done.

Thirdly, when you say ''I am talking mainly about rules that CAN OR HAVE ONLY BEEN BROKEN IN ONE PARTICULAR GAME OR PLACE'', I want you to know that the same rule can be broken on another platform. People can kill in oldcp/ioldcp/p3d. People can bully people on every platform. You'll find that nearly every rule can be broken on every platform thus why they're called 'Community Rules'. So I don't quite understand what you meant by this.

Good post though

+1 by Dice, Jake01, Miromeski and Chis
You'll never silence my voice, no, I won't go.

Izuno - Mal31 - SecurityGuy - Jenna

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
21st March 2021, 11:04 AM

I agree it’s weird how people get forums banned for murder when they’ve done nothing wrong on forums.

her way..
18 posts
Seen 26th March 2021
21st March 2021, 12:32 PM

wait yall whats the oldcp website link?

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
21st March 2021, 09:43 PM

Chrissy wrote on 21st March 2021, 12:32 PM:
wait yall whats the oldcp website link?
https://oldcp.biz/download/

+1 by Chis

#CutestPersonAlive
1,887 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
27th March 2021, 03:20 PM

its not that deep lol just make a new account

* play gitaroo man. my final message. gootbye.

Login or join the forums to reply.