A Clarification

Made by Loki in Announcements

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
23rd March 2021, 11:34 PM

Hi everyone.
This is just to clarify a warning a few of you received earlier (though it was mostly a friendly reminder) to "Friendly reminder not to join in on mass disliking a post for no apparent reason."

This rule came about awhile back when Damen informed the staff to warn people who went around in a group to dislike posts for no apparent reason. It mostly hadn't been a problem since he had instructed us to do so, but it arose today again and I figured that this should be clarified a bit since there appears to be a lot of confusion.

Basically, community members shouldn't go and gang dislike a post for no obvious reason. Like, a prime example is massively disliking a post that simply says "So cute!" There's no reason to target or massively dislike this post so it getting huge negative rep is a little unreasonable, and thus, people got warned for it.

Now this does NOT mean that you cannot dislike posts. You can still dislike posts, provided you aren't spam disliking (disliking more than three of the same person's posts within 24 hours).

This also does not mean that a bunch of people can't dislike a post if the post is debatable, breaks community values, etc. An example of this is when someone posts a controversial opinion or controversial feedback. A good example of this specifically would be when there was all the drama regarding the time when Damen wanted the witches group to be removed/renamed or if someone brings up politics as that can always be hotly debated. A good rule of thumb here is if you can actually factually disagree with a post, it is ok for it to get a lot of negative rep.

It doesn't matter much when a post gets a few negative rep, but it does matter when a whole group of people dislike the same post for no reason.

This is the way that we (the forums staff) interpreted Damen's message to us and unless Damen tells us otherwise, we are going to be enforcing it.

I hope this clears things up.

+1 by Stoneclash, Sled, Chis, DaN and 7 others, -1 by turquito10, Miromeski, kace, Alatar and 4 others

hi
647 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th March 2021, 01:24 AM

That is stupid imo, why can't I dislike a post I dislike?? its called disliking for a reason. saying "So cute!" is really weird and pretty cringey. Also before you warn me again because I disliked your post - I don't agree with this. I dislike what you said, so I'm disliking it.

+1 by SecurityGuy, kace, Jesse, Tommo and 2 others, -1 by turquito10, DaN, Ari, Horse and 2 others

684 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th March 2021, 02:37 AM

Miro wrote on 24th March 2021, 01:24 AM:
That is stupid imo, why can't I dislike a post I dislike?? its called disliking for a reason. saying "So cute!" is really weird and pretty cringey. Also before you warn me again because I disliked your post - I don't agree with this. I dislike what you said, so I'm disliking it.
I agree

+1 by kace, Tommo, Stryke and Flynn, -1 by Ari

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th March 2021, 02:39 AM

Please reread the post. I didn’t say you can’t dislike a post. You aren’t going to be warned for disliking my post. I’m saying that community members shouldn’t be going in on a group effort to make a posts rep be very negative for no reason at all.

It basically goes along with not spam disliking but it’s a group effort on a singular post instead. This is something Damen had mentioned before when drama was going on regarding this kind of thing happening.

+1 by Chis, Ari, Jake01 and Sled

hi
647 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th March 2021, 02:55 AM

Loki wrote on 24th March 2021, 02:39 AM:
Quote:
Please reread the post. I didn’t say you can’t dislike a post. You aren’t going to be warned for disliking my post. I’m saying that community members shouldn’t be going in on a group effort to make a posts rep be very negative for no reason at all.
It basically goes along with not spam disliking but it’s a group effort on a singular post instead. This is something Damen had mentioned before when drama was going on regarding this kind of thing happening.

And how was it a group effort in disliking her post??

+1 by SecurityGuy, kace, Stryke and Tommo, -1 by Ari and Jake01

Banned
1,172 posts
Seen 10th August 2023
24th March 2021, 08:25 AM

Do we need to clarify that we disagree with posts now?

+1 by SecurityGuy, Miromeski, Stryke and Tommo, -1 by Ari

¡Hola Buenas!
274 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th March 2021, 08:26 AM

Quedó muy claro mi pana.

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th March 2021, 12:24 PM

Lark wrote on 24th March 2021, 08:25 AM:
Do we need to clarify that we disagree with posts now?

Facts bro

Alatar
1,164 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th March 2021, 08:05 PM

If you don't want people to dislike, then remove the dislike button. Don't blame the community when someone who deserves to be disliked gets disliked. That isn't a group effort, that's just life.

Stupid rule. Not unexpected from this community though.

+1 by Stryke, SecurityGuy, kace, turquito10 and 5 others

18 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
24th March 2021, 08:59 PM

Alatar wrote on 24th March 2021, 08:05 PM:
If you don't want people to dislike, then remove the dislike button. Don't blame the community when someone who deserves to be disliked gets disliked. That isn't a group effort, that's just life.

facts

+1 by SecurityGuy, turquito10, Miromeski, Tommo and 2 others, -1 by DaN

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
27th March 2021, 01:39 AM

Alatar wrote on 24th March 2021, 08:05 PM:
Don't blame the community when someone who deserves to be disliked gets disliked. That isn't a group effort, that's just life.

You cannot use the dislike button as a judgement of person. It's to be used as a judgement of the quality of their post. Everyone on this forums that is not banned is welcomed here because they either:

1) Have not broken any rules
2) Have served their time for breaking a rule

If you are deliberately disliking someones post for no reason out just out of spite because they've done wrong in the past then you are breaking this rule, which was made by Damen himself. If you have an issue with it, his DMs are open.

If you have an issue with a person, report the issue to cbars and Damen will take care of it.

+1 by , -1 by Miromeski

Login or join the forums to reply.