31st March 2021

You, I and we all

Made by Damen in Feedback

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st March 2021, 11:43 AM

Warning: post is a bit long, scan through but try to read it all to know what Im on about, especially staff

treat others the way you want to be treated

respect- the sign of a true man/woman

Intro
(I know it sounds cliche, but it is a sound value that if we all followed, we can ALL really have fun on the DSGHQ)

I'm not naming names nor am I going to argue with people about this. The good thing is, you ALL have a track record for being great players and members of DSGHQ.

This value is not too high so that you can't reach it, nor is it so heavy that you can't do it. Its your choice to do it or not.

When you say something to someone, we should try your best to say it in a way that won't hurt them.

Protip: If they are in need of being corrected, consider reporting the matter... but if we are being slow to respond or if its not serious enough... try to do it in a restorative, upbuilding way.

A calm response to an angry person will cool their anger, and you will prove yourself a strong man/woman for it.

OVER SENSITIVE SNOWFLAKE

Sure.. some people are over-sensitive. Such ones we should tread carefully around. After all, we come here to relax and enjoy ourselves, not to be stressed. Hopefully, these people will get a tougher skin eventually.

Isn't real life stressful enough? Turn your anger from IRL into a kind word, a bit of banter or some crimezone.

The Rules

The values are in fact rules. I am going to enforce a 3 warning strike on any posts/moods etc that are disturbing peace.

e.g. telling someone to shut up when they are trying to make peace... its just not what we do here. In my eyes, this is a disgusting thing and not funny. Nobody should prefer strife over peace on the DSGHQ.

At the 3rd warning, a repeat offence will be a 24 hour ban. That will increase to 48 hours if the offence is repeated in the following week.

If you follow the values for a week or more, your warnings will reset to 0.

Bad Staff Decisions

All staff may make biased judgements or mistakes from time to time. Use a ban appeal account to appeal unfair staff decisions.

Remember to do so in a restorative, peaceful way as this will prove yourself a mature, wise person.

Not to mention it will glorify you above us, putting the staff to shame if they are to blame, therefore making us do a better job.

If you don't, this person should not expect to receive anything from the staff.

Finally...

Forgiveness
Do not think you have screwed up your reputation beyond repair. I am open to forgive anyone unlimited times for pretty much anything and I hope you are willing to do the same for me.

+1 by DaN, Dice, SecurityGuy, and 22 others, -1 by CPBiter

graphic designer
3,098 posts
Seen 30th August 2023
31st March 2021, 12:52 PM

✌️

+1 by DaN and seagull cool

199 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
31st March 2021, 01:29 PM

Respect

+1 by Jake01, seagull cool and DaN