9th September 2021

Late night thoughts I've been having for a while.

Made by eugee in Cool Stuff

Koba
Master
282 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th September 2021, 12:59 AM

Looking at the profiles of former admins and old popular people gives me a very strange feeling. I find it hard to believe that there are people who were here in 2013 and did so much in the community. What I find even harder to believe is that most of them haven't logged back in. This in a sense gives me a gigantic feeling of nostagalia even though I only joined in 2017 and wasn't here for any of it.

I think I'm very intrigued to know what has become of all the people who left this place between 2013-2016. And besides, it gives me the feeling of regret. To think that if I had searched for old club penguin in 2012-2013 instead of 2017 I might have had a completely different story here. Maybe I wouldn't even be here now, but I still think it would have been better.

I think if that had been the case, I probably would have liked to have become an administrator and been able to have left a legacy and have people remember me to this day. I think for me that's the most important thing you can accomplish here. More than having power in the game, being the favorite of the CZ or the ranks, it's the legacy that you leave with the help of those tools that matters.

I think for me, the best tool would be to become an administrator. And I haven't given up on that yet. Hope I can accomplish that, and accomplish my dream of leaving a legacy behind me.

Well to close this post, I think it would be great if some of the people would come back and have a chance to hear what it was like here before and what happened to them. But I think for now the only person who knows what's been going on all this time is Damen.

Sounds kind of sad, maybe I wish I had another focus here instead of what I've done.

+1 by Loki, Flame, Zaron, rouge and 9 others

News Reporter
4,301 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th September 2021, 04:30 PM

This is how I feel every time I look around the Forums, play Snaildom, or look at old photos from OldCP or the discontinued games.

+1 by Bailey, Loki, eugee and Flynn

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th September 2021, 05:16 PM

There are many great memories, yet something they haven't done which you all do, is stick around. That is what matters to me the most!

+1 by Bailey, Loki, Scott, eugee and 1 other

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th September 2021, 06:25 PM

Damen wrote on 9th September 2021, 05:16 PM:
There are many great memories, yet something they haven't done which you all do, is stick around. That is what matters to me the most!

Heartwarming.

Part of why I wanted to become forums admin was so I could leave more of a legacy and try to do things and create events that people could enjoy and remember. So far I’d like to think I’ve helped.

Though you don’t have to be an admin to leave a legacy. Being involved in the games and in crimezone can embed you into the history of dsghq. And once you’ve become part of the history there will always be some mark showing that you’ve been here and that you were important in some way, even if it seems rather small. Having a wiki can help, it’s something for people to look at and see what you did and what you cared about.

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
9th September 2021, 06:50 PM

Loki wrote on 9th September 2021, 06:25 PM:
Quote:
Damen wrote on 9th September 2021, 05:16 PM:
Heartwarming.
Part of why I wanted to become forums admin was so I could leave more of a legacy and try to do things and create events that people could enjoy and remember. So far I’d like to think I’ve helped.
Though you don’t have to be an admin to leave a legacy. Being involved in the games and in crimezone can embed you into the history of dsghq. And once you’ve become part of the history there will always be some mark showing that you’ve been here and that you were important in some way, even if it seems rather small. Having a wiki can help, it’s something for people to look at and see what you did and what you cared about.

You certainly have and do. And true, look at the legacy of Lex. Never admin (apart from on cppscreator)

+1 by Flynn

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
9th September 2021, 07:34 PM

Wow, this discussion really sparked a bunch of feelings for me...

Honestly, I can remember joining this community way back in early 2013. Back then, I remember always wanting to spread positivity, hence my nickname (at the time) "Positive Queen". I always recall the people who influenced me the most, people like Sunwolf, thisismyname, Tornado, Journey, and so many more... a lot of these users have since moved on, but as you said, their legacy is always left behind. My biggest goal here is to leave a positive legacy. I want to spread positive energy, enlighten users, and make their experience here (or whenever in my presence) a positive experience.

To be completely blunt, I'm not sure why I haven't moved on from this community... I was 12 when I joined, and now I just turned 21 in July. I feel like a part of me feels unfinished here, even though this community as a whole has died down a bit... I feel as if I have unfinished business. I will likely stay around until the final days of the DSGHQ, just to be spiteful, haha. Regardless, you make a ton of valid points within your discussion, and I couldn't agree more with everything you stated above. :)

+1 by Bailey, eugee and Gaf
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

1,137 posts
Seen 14th August 2023
13th September 2021, 04:25 PM

begging my mum to let me stay up past 11pm on a school night for game of mods is one of my childhood core memories

+1 by eugee

Login or join the forums to reply.