Why I Hate the Strength System

Made by Alatar in Penguin3D

Alatar
Banned
130 posts
Seen 30th May 2023
19th November 2021, 04:04 PM

1. Too Slow
The percentage of Strength per kill means that, especially as a new user, it could take weeks just to get enough strength to really count. Especially new users, who aren't offered potential, or free crimezone strength, therefore making it about the same way things are before, so having the system does little to fix the issue. I definitely like the fact that Force can be brought higher, but there's a force potential as well, making that pointless as well.

2. Not Rewarding Enough
This sort of ties into the last point; but I don't really feel accomplished by spamming my attack button or sitting in place for several hours just to get a high number. Most people watch youtube and play the game in background while meditating - so why even try? A big reason I didn't want to play the game in the first place is because of the fact mining takes ages. I get that there are several other grind-y games, but that's not why people play Penguin3D.

People very rarely care about this game for anything but the crimezone. At least a good many of the people I play with do. The crimezone happens too little, to be quite honest. The realistic elements are neat but genuinely, most of the time I never log on until I see a crimezone name in the playerlist for Penguin3D on the forums, or someone dms me to get on.

3. It Degrades
This is just a big point. I already talked a bit about it in the other points. I should not have to log onto Penguin3D to make sure my strength doesn't drop. Especially for newer users? Why should I bother even trying to get strength if it's just going to drop at some point? This is especially awful for people who just have things to do. At least before, if I logged off for a week for a family trip, I could come back to all of my previous gains. Now, if I'm out for a week, I might as well just quit the game. I am not exaggerating when I say the strength system is one of the sole reasons people do not play the game anymore, and entirely because of the time consumption. Just like mining.

4. It's Pointless
I think this was said before, but really the strength system is just needless to the game. It's made in a way so getting a lot of it is hard, but the crimezone gives it to users that are "supposed" to be extremely powerful. So why even have the system? It's just the same as before, but more pretentious, for no reason.

All in all; I don't think the strength system should exist. If it was removed I would not miss it. I'm sure it could be improved, but even then, it was honestly better the way it was before. The only problem I ever had with the health back then still persists; just keep everyone at equal health, by default. Stop making literally any character/user be blessed with this abundant amount of garbage just for the story element.

I miss the older days of Penguin3D. When it first came out, it was genuinely at least 70% better than it is now. So many of the "improvements" made to it have really only made it worse. Ores were all relatively easy to get, health was all mostly fixed, rarely ever going above 100, the max sword damage was what, 7? The fact there was no law so that people had to work as an actual team to get things done, wars were genuine and straightforward - that's what I want more than anything. I would give up a lot of the things I have now if it meant everyone could just go back. I like the addition of new things. The Warren Wound Caverns party was a great idea.

But, of course, that's just my opinion. I'm sure some people enjoy the system. I welcome you to give me feedback as well.

+1 by Flame, Akkar, Miromeski, Loki and 7 others
aaaaaaaaaaalatar

Ya Daddy.
Banned
1,046 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
19th November 2021, 04:14 PM

seethe and cope

"Abso • lutely not a Pe • do"!

Stone Mason/Lord of Wind
244 posts
Seen 23rd August 2023
19th November 2021, 04:15 PM

Nah I agree bro, the strength system should have never been made a thing not for a game like penguin 3d

+1 by Alatar and Flynn
Forest Boy

Alatar
Banned
130 posts
Seen 30th May 2023
19th November 2021, 04:15 PM

wizle wrote on 19th November 2021, 04:14 PM:
seethe and cope

no you

aaaaaaaaaaalatar

Ya Daddy.
Banned
1,046 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
19th November 2021, 04:16 PM

futurepain wrote on 19th November 2021, 04:15 PM:
Quote:
wizle wrote on 19th November 2021, 04:14 PM:
seethe and cope
no you

No your mother

"Abso • lutely not a Pe • do"!

Off the deep end
Master
515 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
19th November 2021, 04:16 PM

I agree with this hardcore, the system is very uh, not fun and yeah.

I understand it helps people level themselves up and become stronger to you know, be relevant in crimezone but this system is janky. And if you decide to take a day to yourself it severely punishes you. If there were such a system that I think could work it would have to be an exp system that coincides with the level system. I'll probably make a post on it if I'm not scarce.

+1 by Alatar, Loki and Flynn
On strike

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
19th November 2021, 05:29 PM

I like the idea of the system but there are some flaws to it. I think the biggest flaw though is how it degrades. We all have lives and sometimes it can be hard to get on P3D. 12 hours is too soon for strength to start degrading imo and then it can be hard to gain it back too. I get that it’s not supposed to be easy to gain strength but having it degrade so much and so quickly make the system a bit too hard.

Like you said, if you go on vacation and can’t get on for a few days you’re going to lose a lot of what you worked for.

+1 by Flame and Flynn

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
20th November 2021, 08:25 AM

I like it because anyone who worked hard enough can be strong. However, the system still needs improvement and the feedback helps. Before this, the only chance a player could be strong would be to get the 1 in a 1000 chance of being noticed, empowered and made relevant, which imo is not how a game should work.

I have lifted the strength grace period to 2 days. (48 hours).
I have made meditation faster too.

+1 by Akkar, Varai, DaN, turquito10 and 5 others

Alatar
Banned
130 posts
Seen 30th May 2023
20th November 2021, 02:54 PM

Damen wrote on 20th November 2021, 08:25 AM:
I like it because anyone who worked hard enough can be strong. However, the system still needs improvement and the feedback helps. Before this, the only chance a player could be strong would be to get the 1 in a 1000 chance of being noticed, empowered and made relevant, which imo is not how a game should work.
I have lifted the strength grace period to 2 days. (48 hours).
I have made meditation faster too.

that'll work

+1 by Flynn
aaaaaaaaaaalatar

Login or join the forums to reply.