29th November 2021

Cannot create account on oldcp.biz

Made by kubanmoss in Help and Support

Rookie
6 posts
Seen 6th December 2021
29th November 2021, 11:28 AM

Hello. I used to play the game heavily back in 2016, and IIRC correctly my old account was wiped back when the servers got updated. Anyways, I am trying to create a new account, however I am having trouble doing that. I tried downloading the game instead of running it in my browser (I downloaded linux version because I use linux) and I cannot even get that to run.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

+1 by Scott, Flynn and Bailey

Rookie
6 posts
Seen 6th December 2021
29th November 2021, 11:32 AM

Also - If anyone can give me a link to the OLDCP Discord (if there is one) I'd like that too. I find that with tech-support issues like this it is a lot easier to work out the problem when using live text chat rather than forum posting. =)

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
29th November 2021, 11:54 AM

Hi there,
I’m terribly sorry you’re having these issues. Could you possibly explain what happens when you download OldCP (assuming ur downloading it on a Chromebook?) Unfortunately, OldCP can only be utilized via the download due to the discontinuation of Flash…

Also, there is a Discord server dedicated towards OldCP. However, only certain people are able to create and send invites, sadly, I’m not one of those people. I’m sorry!

+1 by kubanmoss, Flynn and Bailey
Hi, I'm Scott.
[DSGHQ Veteran || Senior Captain || Master]

Questions, comments, concerns? Don't hesitate to message me.

Rookie
6 posts
Seen 6th December 2021
29th November 2021, 11:58 AM

sarabareille wrote on 29th November 2021, 11:54 AM:
Hi there,
I’m terribly sorry you’re having these issues. Could you possibly explain what happens when you download OldCP (assuming ur downloading it on a Chromebook?) Unfortunately, OldCP can only be utilized via the download due to the discontinuation of Flash…
Also, there is a Discord server dedicated towards OldCP. However, only certain people are able to create and send invites, sadly, I’m not one of those people. I’m sorry!
Thanks for responding.
Well, I am not using a chromebook, I am on Linux Mint 19.3

I install the file from oldcp.biz, extract it, but I have no clue what to do next.

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
29th November 2021, 12:07 PM

kubanmoss wrote on 29th November 2021, 11:58 AM:
Quote:
Thanks for responding.
I install the file from oldcp.biz, extract it, but I have no clue what to do next.

Not a problem, thank you for giving me some more details, I appreciate it. I personally downloaded OldCP with the Windows installer, so I’m not sure what the major differences are.

When you extract the file, what is inside the extracted folder? Are you able to open this folder..? You should see a file within said folder that is labeled “OldCP” or something of that sort, you should be able to open it and launch the game. You should also be able to copy said file onto your home screen, etc.

If possible, could you screenshot what you see exactly when you open the folder? Visuals would help in this instance, especially considering I haven’t utilized a Linux download process for a very long time. Hopefully, if I can’t help, someone is able to assist further.

Hi, I'm Scott.

Rookie
6 posts
Seen 6th December 2021
29th November 2021, 12:14 PM

sarabareille wrote on 29th November 2021, 12:07 PM:
Quote:
kubanmoss wrote on 29th November 2021, 11:58 AM:
Quote:
Thanks for responding.
Not a problem, thank you for giving me some more details, I appreciate it. I personally downloaded OldCP with the Windows installer, so I’m not sure what the major differences are.
When you extract the file, what is inside the extracted folder? Are you able to open this folder..? You should see a file within said folder that is labeled “OldCP” or something of that sort, you should be able to open it and launch the game. You should also be able to copy said file onto your home screen, etc.
If possible, could you’d screenshot what you see exactly when you open the folder? Visuals would help in this instance, especially considering I haven’t utilized a Linux download process for a very long time. Hopefully, if I can’t help, someone is able to assist further.
Sure.

Here is a link to the screenshot: https://postimg.cc/bsHMdXP8

The file named OldCP on the top row, is the only one I can think of as to being the launcher. However, nothing happens when I click on it, just a system message saying it has no known programs associated with it, and says it is an unknown file type.

Veteran
Master
5,478 posts
Seen 29th August 2023
29th November 2021, 12:25 PM

Ah, alright.
Ye… I’m a bit baffled, not gonna lie. I do recall having to have my launcher within/together with the other files before. However, that doesn’t appear to be your issue here.

I’m sorry, I wish I could be of more assistance. Hopefully someone else has more knowledge regarding this… I would try searching on Google for the error message you’re receiving, there might be solutions to your problem. Again, I’m sorry! Good luck though! ✨

Hi, I'm Scott.

Emperor of OldCP
Master
1,122 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th November 2021, 02:59 PM

Here’s the link to the discord:

https://discord.gg/GE4TA9mz

+1 by Flynn, Bailey, kubanmoss and Scott

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th November 2021, 03:06 PM

What happens when you try to open this file?

+1 by Flynn, Bailey, Scott and Narcissa

1,137 posts
Seen 14th August 2023
29th November 2021, 03:10 PM

Oh well prob for the best? x

+1 by Flame, Scott, Narcissa, Luke and 1 other

Rookie
6 posts
Seen 6th December 2021
29th November 2021, 09:06 PM

Damen wrote on 29th November 2021, 03:06 PM:
What happens when you try to open this file?
This: https://postimg.cc/3kdXSzwT

Honestly, I am lost.
Here are the permissions for the app: https://postimg.cc/CdSjTRKJ

+1 by Bailey, Scott and Flynn

Master
5,127 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
29th November 2021, 11:34 PM

Hi there, I'm so sorry you're having trouble with downloading OldCP and I wish I could help you. Hopefully this gets sorted out and you're able to play it. Good luck!

im not religious
538 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
30th November 2021, 02:30 PM

AudreyGalx wrote on 29th November 2021, 03:10 PM:
Oh well prob for the best? x
sign from the universe

+1 by Flynn

Rookie
6 posts
Seen 6th December 2021
2nd December 2021, 01:51 PM

UPDATE:

I am able to run the program using a terminal command, however, the game itself will not run. I am not sure why, but here is a screenshot of what I am seeing: https://postimg.cc/Mf7Kb6Kx

Perhaps I need to install flash player?

+1 by Bailey and Flynn

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
2nd December 2021, 03:44 PM

Tbh, I feel like @Damen is probably the only one here who can really help you with this rip

+1 by Bailey, Flynn and kubanmoss

Login or join the forums to reply.