16th January 2022

Petting Wild Birds

Made by Loki in Cool Stuff

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
16th January 2022, 12:03 PM

So irl I'm pretty good with animals. Most of them seem to like me and I have an easy time taming wild cats. Though I've had a goal for many many years to pet as many different kinds of birds that I can.

It started with chickens when I was a little kid. I got to pet some and they are such sweet and beautiful creatures. I even tamed someone else's rooster. Roosters are known for being mean and ready to attack people. This one became a sweetheart because of the work I did with it.

Then there's the sparrows that I've saved. There's this big tank full of rainwater not terribly far away from where I live and sparrows tend to fall in it during the summer. If they go unnoticed, they drown. I've fished a number of sparrows out of there and placed them in safe places so they could fly off again when they're dry. I've done the same for the few black birds that have fallen into there as well.

I've also managed to pet a robin. I knew where her nest was and petted her a couple times before she could fly off. She didn't abandon the nest either. Birds don't tend to abandon nests just because people have been near them or touched their babies, thats an old wives tale.

There's also been pigeons that I've helped. I found one that had been hurt and helped it so it could fly away again. I also almost got a pigeon to come to me by imitating the noises they make. It was so close but when I reached for it it got spooked and flew off. That one hung around nearby for awhile though.

And ducks in the park too. I will embarrass anyone who goes to the park with me by catching wild ducks.

I think that's about it for wild birds I've managed to pet.

+1 by DaN, Damen, Tasha, Varai and 5 others

Daymen
Administrator
5,165 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
16th January 2022, 12:25 PM

So you like birds in real life as well as p3d

+1 by Loki and Zes

Queen of Vultures
Administrator
1,641 posts
Seen 31st August 2023
16th January 2022, 12:28 PM

Damen wrote on 16th January 2022, 12:25 PM:
So you like birds in real life as well as p3d
Yes. I also see A LOT of vultures irl, so there are a number of coincidences here.

+1 by Varai, Damen and jay

Login or join the forums to reply.